My Latest Mock
1. KC Luke Joeckel - They can't trade out of this one, and even if they can't deal Albert, Luke's the guy, unless they surprise with Fisher or Floyd or Luteleilei.
2. Jacksonville - Sharif Floyd DT. You rebuild inside out, and Floyd may be the best in the draft. Eric Fisher is an outside shot, but Jags BADLY need to sell tickets, and having a Florida Alum at DT is gonna sell more than an OT.
3. Oakland - Gno Smith - ALWAYS a wild card, and this would be the wildest of all(Other than Bar kley or Manuel of course) If they go sane, it's Luteleilei, who replaces Seymour to anchor their D. His amazing pro day numbers and clean bill of health put him right to the top again.
4. Phi. - Eric Fisher OT - A no brainer. I can't see them going any way but OT at thos point.
5. Detroit - D. Milliner CB - A sure thing cover corner, in that division, makes more sense than a raw pass rusher like Ziggy Ansah.
6. Cleveland - Dion Jordan LB - a perfect fit opposite Krueger in the 3-4
If Milliner is there, they would take him instead.
7. Arizona - Matt Barkley - USC - I'm just not sure a black QB would sell in the desert, but if they can forget Leinart, this could be the guy. Will depend on his workout. If they don't go QB, or Barkley is gone, They go OT LAne Johnson.
8. Buffalo - Cordarelle Patterson WR They go for need, and excitement, over an O tackle or DE. They somehow get Ryan Nassib to be their QB, probably round two.
9. Jets Ziggy Ansah - OLB/DE - Rex Ryan drools over guys like this.
They cpould go RB if Patterson falls.
10. Tennessee - Jon Cooper G They take him over Warmack, because he projects also to center.
11. SD - Lane Johnson OT - The Char gers wil;l be sweating this out, and might even deal up for OT, they need it sooooo bad. IF all three OT are gone, they could go ith Warmack, or a WR.
12. Mia. -Sheldon Richardson - No more need at WR, so they take best player available. May be a steal at 12.
13. T.B. Xavier Rhodes - An easy pick, unless they like D. Trufant better, or Richardson falls.
14. Car - Jarvis Jones LB - Would give Carolina a tremendous LB corps. Could go with T. Austin to replace Smith
15. N.O. Barkevious Mingo OLB - A perfect mesh of need and value, and a Louisiana State Alum.
16, RAMS - Tavon Austin -WR - Because the Rams have an extra pick, they use one to provide an extra dimension. A bit of a reach over Chance Warmack, but they hope Rok Wat kins is that guy, and they will go C or G, o both later.
17. Pitts - Bjorn Werner OLB/DE - They need to replace Harrison, and though they could go WR, RB, or OL, this seems the best option.
18. Dall - Margus Hunt - Solid SMU 3-4 DE. Could go OL or DB
19. NYG - Chance Warmack - Need and great value. Could also go Alec Ogletree -LB , if Warmack and Cooper gone.
20. Chi - Alec Ogletree LB - Bears have LB need. Could go Manti Teo, with new defense scheme coming in.
21. Cinc - DJ Fluker - Replace one big Bama tackle with another. Could go WR here, or DB.
22. RAMS - Eric Reid -They'll try to trade down with WR need met and all guards and tackles gone they would want. I really see a deal down here, for a team needing a QB, TE, maybe RB If stuck here, Reid is right there among the best prospects that fit need. The best here left are probably RB and TE, so .......
If they did deal Saffold, (Don't see it)could go OT here. They like Reid better than Vaccaro, Elam, or Cyprien. Could go D. Trufant CB here as well. Lacey would be an outside outside outside shot, as could DT Sylvester Williams.
The whole draft seems to hinge on the number of QB in early/mid round one. The more the better for the Rams fortunes.