20 Random Post Bash-Weekend Thoughts
1. I've said what I wanted to say about Sam Bradford in another thread, so I'll just leave it at this: yesterday there were flashes of both the Sam that makes me cringe, and the Sam that gives me hope. .
2. Zac Stacy did a nice job between the tackles. I look forward to seeing more of him in the weeks to come.
3. James Laurinaitis had a very good game, and is quietly having a very good year.
4. Right now, I feel a lot more comfortable with Trumaine Johnson starting at CB than Cortland Finnigan. Six weeks ago, I wouldn't have guessed that I would have felt that way.
5. Brian Quick does not make enough plays, but the plays he's made makes me want to see more of him.
6. Austin Pettis is better than I though he would be.
7. Tavon Austin is a dangerous man on punt returns... that is, he would be if his teammates could avoid a penalty on every return.
8. You have to be impressed by the way Stedman Bailey has embraced his role on punt coverage while waiting for his turn at WR.
9. There are at least 6 plays in our offensive playbook that should never be run again (they all involve quick lateral throws).
10. More designed roll-outs, please.
11. Alec Ogletree is a bit raw, but he is going to be a beast.
12. Nice to see Darian Stewart back on the field and making a key play.
13. Sure it was a 1-3 team against an 0-4 team, and the Cardinals played an MLB playoff game later in the afternoon, but the turnout at the game was a bit sad.
14. That said, the crowd that was there was fairly enthusiastic.
15. And, for once, no influx of fans from the other team's home (I mean, other than me).
16. A good time was had by all at the Bash dinner. The Morgan Street Brewery was a nice venue.
17. Thanks to Ram Man who throws a nice tailgate, and is very generous.
18. That 3-4 hours of perfect weather before the game during the tailgate time - I ordered that in advance. You're welcome.
19. After several (7, I think) years of being the Bash's "Julie the Cruise Director," I'm going to retire from my event planning role. I nonetheless hope to see the old gang at future games.
20. I think the Rams can win next week in Houston. That's just how I'm wired, I guess.