Read the Controversial Unfinished Sequel (2002 Season) Here by AvengerRam

Read the Controversial Unfinished Sequel (2002 Season) Here
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Book of SpiralHorns II Trailer

[Time lapse photography shows snow melting on a hill, clouds fading, grass growing and a bright sun rising in the sky]

Voice over [James Earl Jones]: "They say time heals all wounds. All but one."

[Slow motion shot of triumphant Northern Militia raising arms in victory]

Voice over: "The scars of missed opportunity can only be salved in conquest."

[Legion of SpiralHorns Warrior shown unlocking chest, retrieving armor, and placing battle helmet on]

Voice over: "And now, as the fields of war brace for the coming onslaught, destiny begins to awaken from its slumber."

[Fade to black]

[Fade in letters: "THE BOOK OF SPIRALHORNS II"]

[Fade to black]

[Fade in letters: "DESTINY'S REDEMPTION"]

[Fade to black]

[Fade in letters: "Fall 2002"]

The Book of SpiralHorns II: Destiny's Redemption - Prologue

The Book of SpiralHorns II: Destiny's Redemption - Prologue

It comes in a whisper. Though the sun above still strives to burn away all in its province, and the sky still boils with fire and thunder, a change is in the air.

Memories stir. Visions of battles won and lost are remembered. And somewhere between the mind's eye and the deepest region of the hearts they know that new battles are soon to come, impossible to evade, and somehow, welcomed.

The armies of all the lands gather once more. The Emerald Raptors rise like the phoenix, the Ursa warriors awaken from their slumber, the Crimson Marauders of the South prepare for battle, and the Scarlet Miners turn the shame of defeats past to rage.

And what of the SpiralHorns? Scattered about, the Legion has searched for answers over the many months passed since their quest ended in defeat. And in this search only one truth is revealed - that there is no answer to be found in the past.

But what of the future? Only one among the Legion has been deemed worthy as a seer, but did he not fail the Legion? Were his prophesies untrue. Or will they yet come to pass in time?

AvengerRam knows not the answer to this question. And so he embarks on a journey of mind and spirit - hoping his destination will soon be revealed.

He looks upon the homeland for the first time since the last quest ended, and a vision is revealed to him. Upon a hill in the homeland there is a great stone, and upon the stone appear four words in the ancient tongue: "Fas Diffiteor Fieri Redempto."

The words are clumsy and uncertain at first glance - not spoken with eloquence or precision, and yet, they must have meaning. AvengerRam glances back to the stone and sees only that, a stone. No carving is there. Was it ever there?

The words remain in the mind of AvengerRam: "Fas Diffiteor Fieri Redempto."

And the seer knows that this clumsy, imprecise and fleeting vision is the answer to his question.

DESTINY DENIED MUST BE REDEEMED.

A new quest has begun.

Book of SpiralHorns II: Chapter 1 - The Journey Begins

Book of SpiralHorns II: Chapter 1 - The Journey Begins

And so it came to pass that the Legions assembled in the homeland. The wounds of the past healed, but the scars remain.

AvengerRam looked upon the Legion and spoke: "My friends, the day we have longed for is near. The day upon which we resume our quest for glory. The road shall be long and arduous, but the vision is clear. The Golden Age of SpiralHorns is still present, our prize still waits."

With that, the Legion departed. Travelling South and then West they climbed to the summits of the high country, to the land of the Mountain Horsemen. The Horsemen who dominated all the lands before the Golden Age began.

The battle was joined. The Horsemen struck quickly and sought to dishearten the Legion. Their ranks rose up in a great cry, seeking to overwhelm the SpiralHorns. But the Legion would not crumble, and soon the tide of battle turned, both foes retreating having gained little ground toward victory.

The Horsemen then resumed their onslaught, only to be turned back again. Then, as if remembering an identity strangely forgotten, the Legion attacked with a relentless assault, and the Horsemen were defeated.

And so the SpiralHorns achieved their first victory on this, a new journey, a new path to glory. But AvengerRam was strangely somber on this day of triumph. And with words previously unheard from him, he spoke thus: "True the day is ours my friends, but heed my words this day. Upon the horizen dark clouds rise, and rapidly come this way. The trials are just beginning, this we must not forget. The path to glory is started, but glory evades us yet."

And with that, the Legions silently marched back to the homeland

Book of SpiralHorns II: Chapter 2 - Dark Clouds, Two Paths

Book of SpiralHorns II: Chapter 2 - Dark Clouds, Two Paths

The journey home from the highland is a somber one. AvengerRam's vision had failed, and the horsemen reigned triumphant. Indeed, the seer's fearful warning of clouds on the horizen proved to be the only truth that revealed itself prospectively.

The Legion's march is a different one than in times past. No longer is the unity of the SpiralHorns unquestioned. The Great General has lost the faith of many followers, including the seer himself. A split emerges in the ranks, some holding fast to hope and belief that the Legion remains on the path of glory, others plagued by doubt.

But the internal struggle is not the only imminent battle. Riding to the homeland are the Leviathan Cobalt Warriors of the Great City of the East. An old and bitter foe, the Leviathans drive themselves to a frenzy with thoughts of past battles with the Legion, including the most recent skirmish in which the Legion emerged with a narrow victory, but at a heavy cost.

And so the ranks of the Legion look again to the seer, hoping he will receive a true vision of the battle to come. But, alas, AvengerRam's sight remains skewed by dark clouds, and he can only speak thus: "My eyes can see two paths. One is familiar and echos of triumphs past. It is a path where the Leviathans cower at the onslaught of the SpiralHorns, and fall defenseless to the Legion's power. The other path is murky and dank, it contains obstacles and pitfalls, and on this path, no foe fears us, but rather rises up to meet our challenge, testing our courage and strength."

The Legions cry out, "which is the true path." AvengerRam gives his answer: "My sight at times shows what will be, but now can only show what can be. My mind fears that the Great General may lead us on the wrong path, but my heart believes the path of power is still ours to take. Only time shall tell which path is true, and in this telling the future of the Legion's unity will rest."

These words remained in the minds and hearts of the Legion, and they chose their path. There, the Leviathan's wait.

Book of SpiralHorns II: Chapter 3 - The Deceiver

Book of SpiralHorns II: Chapter 3 - The Deceiver

The darkness closes in. The Leviathans onslaught, like that of the Horsemen, was more sustained than furious, more persistent than decisive. But in the end, the SpiralHorns could not meet the challenge and another battle is lost.

The homeland is in ruins. The unity of the Legion is fractured. There is talk of desertion, though no evidence of this is visible. What is seen is a division among the ranks.

One side remains loyal to the Great General. Led by the Furies of the Southern regions of the Legion, this group holds firm in their belief that the clouds are passing, that the storm is a mere Summer squall. The other side questions the leadership of the General, and wonders if the captains were truly ready for the battles that have been fought.

AvengerRam is torn. In his heart, he still feels hope. He still senses the proximity of the path of glory. But his eyes and his mind do not see what his heart feels. Rather, all that is seen is a path of darkness and despair. AvengerRam knows he cannot act as a seer. So he addresses to the Legion, and tells them that the prophesy of the redemption of the Legion's destiny may not have been a vision, but rather a mere fleeting hope.

With these somber words and a heart heavy with doubt, AvengerRam takes his leave of the Legion as they travel to the Southern GulfLands. AvengerRam begins a quest to find the great stone where the prophetic words were inscribed. But the stone cannot be found. Instead, a warning is heard on voice of the wind:

Beware the Deceiver,
    the teller of lies,
    He muffles the heart,
    and then clouds the eyes.

His words you have known,
    Since this quest was begun,
    Denounce this Deceiver,
    Help the Legion be one.

AvengerRam cries out "who is this Deceiver! Was it he who inscribed the prophesy that now seems but false hope? Am I to unite the Legion in the abandonment of false hope? It that truly my role?" The wind does not answer.

And so AvengerRam rides South to rejoin the Legion, as they prepare for battle with their bitter foe, the Scarlet Pirates. And the one-time seer is too troubled with the questions of his heart and mind to see this battle's outcome. He can only sense its ferocity and its animus, and he knows that the SpiralHorns are no longer on a quest for glory, they are in a war for survival.

AvengerRam shudders with fear at this thought, and then, strangely, he smiles.

Book of SpiralHorns II: Chapter 4 - The Exile of AvengerRam

Book of SpiralHorns II: Chapter 4 - The Exile of AvengerRam

The Legion has descended into a dark time. Unable to withstand the onslaught of the Scarlet Pirates of the Gulflands, another battle is lost. And with it, their greatest warrior has fallen.

Travelling back to the homeland, the Legion is attacked by marauding bandits from the lands of their enemies. Each trying to salt the SpiralHorns' wounds and break their spirits. AvengerRam bravely battles these marauders and keeps them at bay, allowing the Legion to march homeward.

Like so many times before, AvengerRam, the bard and seer, is looked upon for inspiration. But AvengerRam's heart has failed him, and he can only talk of the SpiralHorn's departure from the path of glory and counsel the Legion in the task of acceptance of this fate.

This does not sit well with the Legion. Led by the hopes of the Southern Furies and the elder statesmen, AvengerRam's words are rejected. Hope is not lost among the SpiralHorns.

There is only one choice. AvengerRam must impose an exile upon himself so he may search the lands. Search for the answer to the riddles placed before him by his visions. What is the Legion's destiny? Where will redemption be found? And who is The Deceiver that has lead the Bard and his SpiralHorns astray?

AvengerRam departs. And in his absence, new leaders come forth. The statesman Haden steps forward to lead the charge. Bovanimus stands at the ready. The Southern Furies grasp their weapons. The Cleric Karl prepares words of inspiration.

The Homeland lies ahead, and waiting is an ancient foe, the Rangers of the Southern Plains. The Legion lives on, and prepares for battle.

And this time, the SpiralHorns will not be denied.

The Book of SpiralHorns II: Chapter 5 - A New Seer is Born

The Book of SpiralHorns II: Chapter 5 - A New Seer is Born

Darkness unprecedented has descended upon the Legion. Four times defeated in battle, then a fifth defeat of spirit. The captain has fallen, and in his place another stood only to fall to the unwavering onslaught. Warriors of great stature and noble longevity have also been forced from the conflict as unwilling witnesses to the frailty of the mortal vessel.

The Great General is under assault as well. Though unspoken as eyes meet eyes, the whisper of mutiny and revolt is carried in the wind, growing more pronounced by the day.

New leaders have distinguished themselves, though. With admirable fortitude the Cleric Karl, along with the young Captain Haden, the great Bovanimus, RiMFaNus and others keep the faith and shead a light upon the ever growing darkness.

But AvengerRam would never return from his exile. His heavy heart would not allow him to return to the Legion that once looked to him for inspiration. And so, alone and weary, he traveled the lands, and battling the marauders from old foes seeking retribution, he narrowly escaped with his life.

It was then that AvengerRam came upon a face familiar to his mind. It was the SpiralHorn David, who once travelled the path by his side. And David looked upon AvengerRam and said "my old friend, you appear to me tired and weary. Share with me your burden."

AvengerRam answered "my companion and comrade in arms, I have come to the end of my days. I left the Legion to search for a Deceiver, who is now revealed to me, and I cannot bear the truth I now behold. For the Deceiver is me. In my despair, I ceased to be a light to the Legion, and instead became a harbinger of darkness. I am the Deceiver, for the light of the SpiralHorns can never die."

And AvengerRam took the hand of the SpiralHorn and said "you, my friend, must carry on where I have failed. Be a seer for the Legion. Show the path to glory - not only when the path is seen in the light, but when it is shrouded by darkness as well." And with these words, AvengerRam passed on to his final fate.

SpiralHorn raised his head and gazed West toward the homeland, knowing what the Legion would soon know.

A new seer is born. SpiralHorn will show the Legion the path back to the light of glory.

And at that moment, just outside the homeland, a dark invasion force prepared to strike...