Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Chapter 16: To Ascend from a Summit

Chapter 16: To Ascend from a Summit

A summit has been reached. The Legion of SpiralHorns sit atop an apex that looks down upon the Western Kingdom. Gone are the vanquished wildcats of the East, and the Paladins of Southern Swamplands. The Raptors of the South sit poised to attack, but are no longer a threat. The Scarlet Miners fight on, but nurse the wounds of stinging defeats at the hands of the Legion.

But from this pinnacle, the Legion does not look down upon the battlefields of past triumph. Rather, they look upward. For only through ascension from a summit already reached, can the ultimate prize be claimed.

AvengerRam spoke with words of praise and caution then, saying thus: "Behold. We have fought through many battles, and have one yet to fight, in the path we have been traveling. But it is only the beginning. Pride and honor is not yet earned, only passage to a new plateau where new battlefields will be confronted. Finish the nearly complete primary task of reaching this plateau, then rest well for that which is coming."

So the Legions went forth and destroyed the Raptors. And in doing so they earned the right to fight future battles in their homeland, and they rested for the storm on the horizen.

So it shall be.

Book of SpiralHorns, Chapter 17: The Scouts and Battles in Distant Lands

Book of SpiralHorns, Chapter 17: The Scouts and Battles in Distant Lands

The Legion of SpiralHorns enjoy a hard-earned respite in the homeland, waiting for the coming storm. Wounds are healed, plans are forumulated, as the time to resume the quest for glory is near.

AvengerRam spoke to the Legion and said, "The armies of the many lands have been reduced to a dozen, and soon the number shall be reduced even more. And while we rest and tend to the battle scars the Legions carry from past conflicts, we must look accross to distant lands. For from the conflicts of the battles in these lands will emerge those who will travel to the homeland and seek to impede our journey toward ultimate triumph."

And AvengerRam then called upon BovAnimus, the cowboyhater, the historian of the Legions. And AvengerRam dispatched BovAnimus to the East to observe a battle between two old foes of the Legion. The Emerald Raptors stood poised in their homefront, awaiting the charge of the Scarlett Pirates from the Gulflands. The battle raged on fiercely with both sides taking casualties. Then, as the golden sun slipped further beneath the horizen and the sky was immersed in frigid darkness, the Pirates did falter, and the Raptors were triumphant. And BovAnimus returned to the homeland and proclaimed: "The Emerald Raptors are victorious. But, behold, they march not toward the homeland of the Legion, but northward toward the land of the Ursus Warriors. Indeed, they will not seek us out now, but whisper of a day when they might challenge us."

AvengerRam then sought out the young ranger Ramzilla, and directed him to the South to witness the conflict between the Delphinis and the Dark Birds of the East. And Ramzilla returned and advised: "I have beheld two armies possessing strong shields but weak armaments. And this paradox caused a stalemate, more than a true battle. In the end, the Delphinis emerged victorious, thought they seem to have exhausted their armory. Indeed, I believe that as the Delphinis march toward the North to the land of the Militia, they march toward their ultimate doom."

Next AvengerRam called upon the nobleman RamsRule, and said to him, "travel to the western lands and advise the Legion as to the power residing in the Obsidian Marauders that reside there." And so RamsRule travelled West, finding a strangely depleted battalion of Marauders. The once proud and daunting army of the West seemed aged and fatigued. And RamsRule then witnessed in great surprise as the Jade Flyers from the East invaded and conquered the Marauders. And RamsRule returned and reported this strange occurrance to the Legions, as the Flyers travelled back toward the East.

AvengerRam then looked to the Legions to select a scout to report on the battles in the Northern lands, when a dark clad figure entered the ranks of the SpiralHorns. The figure was recognized as the familiar UrsaMajor, father of Kian, a Captain of the Ursus Warriors. With trepidation UrsaMajor was regarded. The Legions recalled the days past when the Ursa Warrior NeoEddinger did slay a lion to save the Legions from demise. But now the Ursa Warriors had risen in the North and appeared poised to challenge the Legions. AvengerRam spoke to UrsaMajor and inquired: "what news from the North?" And UrsaMajor responded: "Behold, your old foe, the Scarlett Miners of the West, have challenged our nemesis, the Army of the Bay of Emeralds. The Miners have fallen, and their conqueror now seeks you out. I wish you well in your battle with this foe. However, I also have come to speak this warning. Take pride in the fact that you rule the West - but you do not rule all the lands. We will meet again, and soon."

And with that UrsaMajor rode off. The Legions heeded his words, and planned for the approach of the Army from the Emerald Bay. The time for battle is near, and the Legions will be ready.

And so it shall be.

Book of SpiralHorns, Chapter 18: Challenge of the Emerald Bay Brigade

Book of SpiralHorns, Chapter 18: Challenge of the Emerald Bay Brigade

The battles rage on throughout the lands.

To the North, the Emerald Raptors engage the Ursa Warriors. Within this fierce conflict, pride and glory remains in tact for both proud armies. But for the Raptors, Ragnorok has arrived. While for the Ursa, the quest lives on.

To the East, two mighty battles are fought. The Northern Militia waits for the charge of the Obsidian Marauders who have, surprisingly, escaped their confrontation with the Flyers. But in the frozen night, the Marauders efforts go awry, and the Militia will fight on.

A long-fought civil war of the tribes of the Central regions also ends this day - though the means to the completion of this conflict belies any thoughts of civility. Indeed for the indomitable Dark Birds and the Soldiers of Steel, there is only hatred. But on this day, hatred will not be enough for the Dark Birds, as their reign shall meet its end.

In the homeland, the SpiralHorns awake from their slumber to confront invaders from the North, the Army of the Bay of Emerads. Their foe is brought to battle behind their Proud Captain, who once looked down upon the Legion's own leader. But on this day, an ageless truth is once again verified. All that which was and is, will one day be no more, as wheel of time spins on. With the same certainty of the cycle of Helios in the heavens, Poseidon's maniplation of the tide, or the bending of the seasons to Gaia's will, this day shall bring about the mastery of the former tutor, the elevation of the former student.

And AvengerRam spoke to the Legions saying: "Rise up, all SpiralHorns. It is time for our truest tests to begin." And the Legions did heed these words, and attacked the Emerald Bay Brigade with ferocity of unbridled precision and undaunted abandon. And the Emerald Brigade was overwhelmed by this onslaught, and crumbled before the Legion. The day belongs to the SpiralHorns, who live to fight on...as the Ursa Warriors continue their march to the South for the imminent penultimate confrontation.

And so it shall be.

Book of SpiralHorns, Chapter 19: The Prophesy

Book of SpiralHorns, Chapter 19: The Prophesy

The battles rage on.

In the North, the Emerald Raptors ruthlessly tear the Ursa Warriors apart, leaving them defeated in their homeland. To the East, the Steel Soldiers end the reign of the dark birds with ferocity and anger. And further to the East in the snow of the night, the fortunes of the Northern Militia keeps breath in their lungs for yet another day.

The Legion is once again victorious in the homeland. Facing a noble Captain of the Bay of Emeralds Brigade, the defenders of the land of the SpiralHorns turn the tables and strike the killing blow. But while the day is won, the prize is not yet in the Legion's grasp.

And the Legion turned to AvengerRam to seek his vision of the days to come. And AvengerRam spoke and said "Behold. While the shades of time do part for my gaze at times, I am an Avenger first, and a seer second. But in my dreams a prophesy has come forth. Whether this verse tells of the future to be or one that may come I know not. But within my heart most deep is the belief that glory is to come." And with that AvengerRam shared the prophesy with the Legion:

In the Golden Age of Legions Lore
    A raptor's cry; one heard before
    In Emerald garb they come with fire
    A noble spirit that does not tire

The prize sought to be won that day
    The right to hunt and not be prey
    A chance to fight another foe
    Through alchemy their fortunes grow

Match the rage on battle's field
    Raise a wall, and do not yield
    Mercy's gone, farewell to pain
    Upon the eve, the horns shall reign

Join together, fight as one
    A road to glory once begun
    Its close at hand, we near the end
    The SpiralHorns shall rule again

The Legion heeded the prophesy, always knowing its fruition was a task, not a right. And when the sun set on the last battle in the homeland, the SpiralHorns would continue on their path to glory.

And so it shall be.

Book of SpiralHorns, Chapter 20: A Call to Final Battle

Book of SpiralHorns, Chapter 20: A Call to Final Battle

It was a day of surprise and glory.

East of the homeland, the Northern Militia journeyed to the land of the Steel Soldiers. And with noble deeds they showed their pride and valor was true, while the visions of steel rendered to gold was merely the false science of alchemy. The Militia won the day, and marches South.

In the homeland, the Emerald Raptors lashed out and wounded the ranks of the Legion. A brief retreat was then called for, followed by an onslaught from the greatest champion of the Legion. Through will and strength, the Raptor's battle line was repeatedly pierced, and in the end they did fall to the SpiralHorns.

And now the time has come for the final battle. And like so many times before on this path to glory the Legions turned to their Bard and Seer, AvengerRam, and asked of his vision of the final battle to come.

And AvengerRam spoke, and said: "We are all here to bear witness to this, the Golden Age of SpiralHorns. And though I, AvengerRam was born unto this period to guide the Legion on its path to glory, we all have a role in this endeavor. Now, upon the eve of the final battle, I step aside from my role as guide, and instead raise the battle horn and bid each of you to come forth. Come forth and with your hearts and you will, your thoughts and your prayers, step forward and help the Legion grasp the ultimate prize so close at hand."

"To Karl-Baker, our leader in spirit, I bid you come forward. Come forward and lend us your purity of heart and mind to achieve our goal."

"To Ramaniac, whose name belies his role as father of future Legion members, I bid you come forward. Come forward and bear the horns that drew you to us."

"To PaddyRam, who joins us from afar, I bid you come forward. Come forward and help us capture the world."

"To RMFN, a denizen of the homeland, I bid you come forward. Come forward and support us once more."

"To GARam, who kept her faith in our darkest days, I bid you come forward. Come forward and lend us the fire of your youth."

"To Rickstir, who patrols the farmlands of the homefront, I bid you come forward. Come forward with your double-7 armor and fight for us once more."

"To MacChaddy, who has lead us in recent days, I bid you come forward. Come forward and continue your teachings."

"To 14DARAMS, who has raised our spirits so many times, I bid you come forward. Come forward and help us surprise our foe."

"To GeorgiaRam, who remained true despite her departure from the homeland, I bid you come forward. Come forward and show us your loyalty."

"To Rams Rule, who came to us from the Western islands and once supported us in homelands past, I bid you come forward. Come forward and show us your passion."

"To feetpba, who learned his craft in the homeland, I bid you come forward. Come forward and share your knowledge."

"To Georgia Peach, who secures the Southern lands, I bid you come forward. Come forward and lend us your tenacity."

"To Ramzilla, the artist of the Legion, I bid you come forward. Come forward and lend us your creativity."

"To Cowboyhater, the noble bovanimus, I bid you come forward. Come forward and bring us the wisdom of history."

"To AtlRamBabe, our advisor in the ways of beauty, I bid you come forward. Come forward and lend us your vision."

"And to TampaRamFan, our noble leader, I bid you come forward. Come forward and finish that which you helped the Legion begin."

And the Legions did heed the words of AvengerRam, as they had so many times before. The battle was joined, and glory was grasped as the SpiralHorns reached the end of the path.

And so it shall be.

Book of SpiralHorns, Chapter 21: Goals Not Reached, Spirits Not Broken

Book of SpiralHorns, Chapter 21: Goals Not Reached, Spirits Not Broken

The battlefield is now silent. And in the solitude of this moment the furor of recent moments belied. For siege upon siege, the Militia turned back each attack of the Legion, countering with their own. Then, when all seemed lost, the SpiralHorns struck back and for a fleeting moment, turned the tide of the battle.

Ultimate glory was, indeed, within their reach.

But glory like a specter can evade one's grasp as quickly as it appears. And so on this day the Militia made a last desparate attack and, in a moment, claimed the prize.

And now it is quiet, and a sole figure stands atop a hill looking over the field where the Legion's goal eluded the SpiralHorns.
    AvengerRam, the bard and seer looked out and for the first time, felt fear. Not the fear of any enemy, but the fear of a sight that his eyes could never bear - that of a defeated Legion in defeat.

His eyes would be spared such a sight on that day. For what he saw instead was the Legion whole and unbroken. And though they would not carry home the ultimate prize on this day, the spirit of the SpiralHorns was to carry on. Each Legion member who answered the call of battle, stood poised to fight again another day.

And AvengerRam spoke unto the Legions and said: "My friends. This quest is done, and unfulfilled. But more great days lie ahead. The Prophesy will be realized in the days to come, and the Legion shall rule once more. I leave you now with a final verse:"

In Golden Age of SpiralHorns
    Many a hero shall be born
    Some emerge from tasks so great
    Others merely pawns of fate

But glory's more than moment's act
    Its a path we travel, bound by a pact
    Our common goal is our true end
    Its that which binds us all as friends

We'll join again in days to come
    We'll lift our heads and and fight as one
    And one day when we all are old
    Our spirits will recall this age of gold

And with these words spoken, AvengerRam departed. Vowing to return as the Golden Age continues.

And so it shall be.

The End.

Book of SpiralHorns (Special Edition): "The Great Day of the Choosing"

Book of SpiralHorns (Special Edition): "The Great Day of the Choosing"

Many times since the quest of the Legion fell short has the sun risen and drifted again to slumber below the horizen. The Spiralhorns, scattered about, begin to feel the genesis of an awakening that will soon bring them together again for new pursuits of glory.

The greatest stirring is felt within the pios Karl, protector of the spirit of the Legion. And not knowing the impetus for this stirring which seems misplaced in this day long preceding battles to come, Karl goes forth in search of AvengerRam, bard and seer of the Legions. And finding his compatriot, he calls forth "what news of the Spiralhorns? And what makes my spirit for battle stir in this time of calm?"

And AvengerRam spoke, and said "Behold, the day of the choosing is upon us. For with each season of nature's renewal must also come a renewal of the Legion's company of warriors. Such is how it has always been, and so it must be before the days of battle come again."

And Karl inquired: "Can you see what this day of choosing will bestow?"

AvengerRam replied "It is difficult, even for one such as myself, to gaze clearly into this day. But I see visions... visions of warriors fleet of foot, from the mountains to the East, and from the murky lands of the South. I see fearless warriors from West ready to stand against the charge of our enemies. I see leaders of garrisons near to the homeland, ready to take on whatever role the Legion requires. I see a day that will bring hope to the Spiralhorns... hope that the prize that eluded us will be ours."

And Karl felt joy upon hearing these words, and he called forth to Legion: "All Spiralhorns, in all lands far and near, rejoice in this day of the choosing. For the seeds of our glory shall be planted upon this day."

And so it shall be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12