• 1 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By RAMFANRAIDERHATER

Thread: ClanRam 2011 NFL Power Rankings: Week 4

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

ClanRam 2011 NFL Power Rankings: Week 4

ClanRam 2011 NFL Power Rankings: Week 4
    By Nick
    10/5/11

Another week, another set of rankings! Letís cut the chatter and get right down to it, shall we?

WEEK FOUR POWER RANKINGS

1. Green Bay Packers (4-0; Last Week: 1)
    -Rodgers scored six touchdowns and looked virtually unstoppable.

2. New Orleans Saints (3-1; Last Week: 2)
    -Saints maintain their #2 ranking despite failing to truly put Jacksonville away.

3. Baltimore Ravens (3-1; Last Week: 3)
    -Flacco was awful, but the Ravens defense made Sanchez look worse.

4. Houston Texans (3-1; Last Week: 4)
    -Can they maintain a Top Five spot in the rankings if Andre Johnson is out for a while?

5. Detroit Lions (4-0; Last Week: 6)
    -Once again, the Lions find a way to win, scoring five times in the second half.

6. New England Patriots (3-1; Last Week: 5)
    -Solid performance overall, but the defense allowed over 500 total yards, so Iím dropping them slightly.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-1; Last Week: 10)
    -Solid win by the Bucs in the primetime spotlight, even though this was closer than it should have been.

8. Atlanta Falcons (2-2; Last Week: 12)
    -Falcons are starting to come around with a win over Seattle, though I think they have the talent to beat the Seahawks by more than two.

9. New York Jets (2-2; Last Week: 7)
    -Hard to knock the Jets too much for losing to arguably the AFCís best team.

10. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2; Last Week: 8)
    -See description for the NY Jets. Run defense is a little concerning at the moment.

11. San Diego Chargers (3-1; Last Week: 13)
    -Miami hung in there for a little bit, but this one was over early in the second half.

12. Dallas Cowboys (2-2; Last Week: 11)
    -Started strong against Detroit, but another Romo meltdown lost this game.

13. New York Giants (3-1; Last Week: 15)
    -The Giants mustered to win this game late in the fourth quarter, well done.

14. Buffalo Bills (3-1; Last Week: 9)
    -The Billsí momentum comes to an end as they drop one to the Bungals.

15. Tennessee Titans (3-1; Last Week: 16)
    -The Titans are slowly climbing up the chart after another win, and I say closely because Iím not convinced theyíll keep this up.

16. Chicago Bears (2-2; Last Week: 17)
    -Technically the Bears won, but some would argue Carolina looked more impressive in this game.

17. Washington Redskins (3-1; Last Week: 19)
    -I thought Washington would be one of the worst teams in the league this year, and here they sit at 3-1. Hmmm.

18. San Francisco ***** (3-1; Last Week: 20)
    -The Dream Team isnít quite the dream they thought they were, but props to San Fran for taking them down nonetheless.

19. Philadelphia Eagles (1-3; Last Week: 14)
    -After all the hype, the Eagles are 1-3. Ouch.

20. Oakland Raiders (2-2; Last Week: 18)
    -Losing to the Patriots is nothing to be ashamed of, especially since this game was fairly close.

21. Arizona Cardinals (1-3; Last Week: 23)
    -Arizona nearly pulled it out against New York, so I bumped them a couple spots here. Definitely the second best team in the NFC West right now.

22. Carolina Panthers (1-3; Last Week: 24)
    -Panthers move up after an impressive showing in a loss to Chicago.

23. Seattle Seahawks (1-3; Last Week: 25)
    -Seahawks nearly overcame the Falcons, so thereís something to be said there.

24. Cincinnati Bengals (2-2; Last Week: 29)
    -Bengals gave the Bills their first loss, so maybe theyíre not quite as hopeless after all.

25. Cleveland Browns (2-2; Last Week: 21)
    -Colt McCoy had himself a game, but this wasnít a close one after a few minutes of the second quarter.

26. Kansas City Chiefs (1-3; Last Week: 32)
    -Congratulations to the Chiefs on their first win! I wish I knew how that felt this seasonÖ

27. Denver Broncos (1-3; Last Week: 22)
    -Denver looked like a high school squad out there against Green Bay. WOW.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-3; Last Week: 30)
    -Jacksonville gets a bump for this being a four-point game against the Saints at the half, and keeping New Orleans out of the end zone in the second half.

29. St. Louis Rams (0-4; Last Week: 28)
    -Rams continue to shoot themselves in the foot, but at least they put up more of a fight this week. Barely.

30. Miami Dolphins (0-4; Last Week: 26)
    -I think Miami has officially filled out their application for the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

31. Minnesota Vikings (0-4; Last Week: 27)
    -Losing to Kansas City should be enough to put you in the final spot, exceptÖ

32. Indianapolis Colts (0-4; Last Week: 31)
    -Without Peyton Manning, the Colts just arenít the same team. At all. As in, theyíre probably the worst in the league.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: ClanRam 2011 NFL Power Rankings: Week 4

I'd say at this point were dead last. At least the Colts were very competitive and almost beat the Bucs. The Vikes have had several leads that they blew. We've had a total of like 3 minutes with a lead. Enough said.
    THOLTFAN81 and Tampa_Ram like this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I know you, and most sports web sites have us at 30 or around that but not dead last, but......

Could the Rams actually beat the Vikings or the Colts?

The vikings have been taking nice leads in the 1st halfs of games then collapsing massivly in the 2nd halves. But the thing is, we dont really play well in the 2nd half, besides the loan good drive in the 4th of last weeks game we havent done much.

The colts Havent played well with Manning out, but, besides there first game they have played somewhat competitive and kept the games close.

Now we lose fletcher and danny is not coming back this year apparently. unless the rams come out after the bye and start at leas playing competitive, they wont stay at 30th. Right now the rams are, in my eyes, playing like the worst team in the league.

I pray and hope they get better and competitive, all i want is the rams to win!!!

GO RAMS!!!!!

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    I know you, and most sports web sites have us at 30 or around that but not dead last, but......

Could the Rams actually beat the Vikings or the Colts?

The vikings have been taking nice leads in the 1st halfs of games then collapsing massivly in the 2nd halves. But the thing is, we dont really play well in the 2nd half, besides the loan good drive in the 4th of last weeks game we havent done much.

The colts Havent played well with Manning out, but, besides there first game they have played somewhat competitive and kept the games close.

Now we lose fletcher and danny is not coming back this year apparently. unless the rams come out after the bye and start at leas playing competitive, they wont stay at 30th. Right now the rams are, in my eyes, playing like the worst team in the league.

I pray and hope they get better and competitive, all i want is the rams to win!!!

GO RAMS!!!!!
    exactly what i said on another post.. i dont think we could beat the fins, vikings, or colts. we are bad.. now. was wondering if Nick could edit this to put us #33 out of 32 teams...
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think you could probably make a case for any of the 0-4 teams being the worst team in the league.

For instance, fans of the Colts, Vikings, or Dolphins could make the case that the Rams were right there in a position to tie against the Redskins last weekend.

If the Rams continue to lose though, you can bet they'll continue to drop down the rankings, as they have every week.

I don't envision them slipping too far in next week's rankings, given the fact that St. Louis has a bye. But you never know.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

pretty soon your going to have to put us in the college rankings, wont deserve to be ranked in the nfl at this pace.

Heck, at least we will be in the top then 10

jk? god this is a frustrating season.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think you could probably make a case for any of the 0-4 teams being the worst team in the league.

For instance, fans of the Colts, Vikings, or Dolphins could make the case that the Rams were right there in a position to tie against the Redskins last weekend.

If the Rams continue to lose though, you can bet they'll continue to drop down the rankings, as they have every week.

I don't envision them slipping too far in next week's rankings, given the fact that St. Louis has a bye. But you never know.
    haha You mean if one of the other 3 teams win? Then we are getting depromoted!! I'm calling the police this should be illegal to have injuries like this....

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

true enough, but at least theyve shown some fight in more then one game. and tbh, without that drive in the 4th, we would be completly inept.

p.s. i have a fealing we will fall to at 31 in rakings aftrer the bye.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

at this point, I don't know if we could beat North west-eastern Kentucky State University...

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Wow, 29th! I'm pretty happy with that.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

29th, 30th, 31st, 32nd...

Does it really matter? They all suck.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968