Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Final (?) Word on Bradford from a Suh Supporter

Let's try to keep it civil, people.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

clarasDK is offline Registered User

I was also a supporter of the Suh/McCoy combo.

But there is a reason that 32 teams have passed on Clausen and McCoy. Teams with a lot of scouts and coaches getting paid top dollar to do nothing else than watch games, videos and pro days with these guys. It seems none of them thought Clausen or McCoy where first round QB's so who am I to argue?

I see it this way now. We got the best QB this year, and we are in a very good trade position tonight.

And if nothing else Bradford brings a spark of hope to the Rams team. As easy as he could be a bust or get injured, he could also be a stud helping the Rams wins lots of games for many years!

And the pick of a QB with the first pick shows me that the organisation want to win and are willing to pay big bucks to get the player they think can get us going in the right direction again.
    Last edited by clarasDK; -04-23-2010 at 02:52 PM.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Punahou you make very negative post that are generally always unfounded. How in the heck can you call this a bad decision without ghaving seen anyone play or work. The decision to pick Bradford was unanimous by our scouts and coaches and generally every analysts agrees it was the right pick. I'm not getting your animosity here.

It should tell you something that every team in the NFL passed on Clausen and Mccoy.....Jacksonville optiing to pick up Tyson Alualu before both...

I don't agree with taking leftovers at QB because of a defensive tackle...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't agree with taking leftovers at QB because of a defensive tackle...
    So there's no talent to be found after the first round?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Part of the fun of the draft is the "what if's" and "we should haves" that comes with who gets chosen. While the Suh/McCoy strategy sounds good we now have Bradford, this guy was looked at by many as the best QB in the draft and lets face it we needed a QB. I like the pick, I would have liked Suh also, I think what we need to remember is alot of pro football people got to look at all of the QB's in the draft and have 1st hand knowledge of what they can do and what makes them tick, with that being said there must be a reason that is known league wide why Clausen dropped out of the round 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

punahou is offline Registered User

Just look around the league that is the NFL-- to say that many of us 'fans' arent as savy at evaluating talent as a lot of these people currently working in the NFL is absolutely wrong.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post

The reason being that WE, the FANS-- ultimatley PAY Spanuolo, Devanney, Bradford, and the Rams themselves by attending games, buying concessions, and buying team accessories (which we can do worldwide I guess).
    When you say "we the fans" understand I think you are talking for a small but vocal group. Kind of like the Tea Party of football.

Most fans I have talked to and read their posts are fine with the Bradford pick. Even while the majority of the ones that wanted Suh are disappointed they understand.

So feel free to rant all you like I just wish you would change it from "We" to "Me" in the future.

atcchris is offline Registered User

Since we're doing opinions, here's mine.. suh/C.McCoy would have left us with a starting DL and an average QB. If you observe all of C. McCoy's games, and his many more int's than Bradford's you see him OFTEN throwing the ball right to a defender. For Sam, you don't have many int's to observe, but the ones that you do see are mostly tipped passes or some youthful forces.

Bradford has taken plenty of hits. Too many brainiacs quote the fashionable "he was hit two times in 2009 and both times he was injured." To that, I say that the first hit sprained his shoulder joint, and the 2nd hit re-aggravated it. He was hit in the Baylor game, just not unluckily in the same place. Sam's a gamer... so is McCoy, but I guarantee you Bradford's accuracy and arm are head and shoulders above McCoy's.

And McCoy is just as prone to injury.

As for Suh, the previous sooner is correct... he's had multiple knee injuries, including one which caused him to redshirt as a freshman. Obviously he's come back from them... so who's to say he can and Sam can't?

This is not to even begin to talk about the disaster that Clausen would have been.

This Bradford supporter says this: I definitely believe we would have gotten an all-pro in Suh. I don't believe we would have gotten an all-pro in C. McCoy. We got Bradford and a pretty good OL instead.

I just don't get all the erroneous things put out by Sam's critics. First it was the bullsh that he took the vast majority of his snaps from the shotgun. Sorry, but we ran the I quote a bit at Oklahoma, especially his freshman year. He's been under center FAR more than C. McCoy. Then the questions about his durability. If someone would do their due diligence, they'd see the games he's stood tall in the pocket and taken lots of hits. The previous poster didn't even mention the OSU game where same went flying through the air.

So.. yeah.. I can def. stand having Bradford and the OL rather than Suh and McCoy.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by atcchris View Post
    As for Suh, the previous sooner is correct... he's had multiple knee injuries, including one which caused him to redshirt as a freshman. Obviously he's come back from them... so who's to say he can and Sam can't?
    No says Bradford can't, we are just worried he may not. See, Suh's knees have been tested at full speed, full contact. Suh has been leg-whipped, held, tackled, and dog-piled and he still finished the season with astonishing speed and quickness; his knees are strong.

No one really knows what Bradford's shoulder will do once he takes a punishing hit. Every Bradford and Ram's fan will be holding their breath the first time it happens. At $50-$80 million, it is normal for fans to be worried. I wish Bradford could pass from atop an armored Mad-Max style dune-buggie.

Good news is that this league currently goes a long way toward protecting QBs before anyone even suits up to play. If Bradford can play at even 75% of his potential, and stay reasonably well protected, I think we will see him putting up solid numbers and winning games as a Ram.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12