Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

The Official Pro Bowl All-Snub Team

Ah, it's time for the Pro Bowl rosters. Time to see undeserving athletes such as Michael Vick get recognized because of their hype rather than their actual performance through the season.

...wait a minute, you mean to tell me Michael Vick wasn't named to the 2007 Pro Bowl roster?! My God, is there a chance that fans and the NFL players/coaches actually sent the right players to the Pro Bowl this year? Are we done having a popularity contest in Hawaii to end our NFL season?

*takes a minute to look over the rosters*

It would appear the answer is no.

I've accumulated an entire team of players who were snubbed from this year's all star game. Some were snubbed because other more deserving players were chosen ahead of them. Others were snubbed simply because there wasn't enough room to include them even though they had years deserving of recognition. But I submit them all to you for your consideration, because they deserve being singled out.

OFFENSE
    QB: Tom Brady (Patriots) - Third in the AFC in touchdowns despite not having a legit #1 or #2 receiver
    RB: Brian Westbrook (Eagles) - Better ypc and more TDs than Tiki Barber, MUCH better as a receiver as well
    FB: Justin Griffith (Falcons) - More TDs than Strong, has Michael Vick throwing to him
    WR: Javon Walker (Broncos) - Better ypc average and more TDs than Andre Johnson.
    WR: Roy Williams (Lions) - More receiving yards and better ypc than Anquan Boldin, equal # of TDs, doesn't have a Fitz to take attention away from him either
    TE: Desmond Clark (Bears) - Superior ypc average and similar touchdown number... with Sexy Rexy throwing to him.
    T: Marcus McNeil (Chargers) - Has played exceptionally well at left tackle as a rookie for San Diego
    T: - Walter Jones has allowed 9.5 sacks without Hutchinson, John Tait has allowed 3; Chicago's running game is more productive as well
    G: Mike Goff (Chargers) - 14 game starter hasn't been flagged or allowed a sack all season. I might need to repeat that for it to sink in.
    G: Chris Naeole (Jaguars) - Flagged twice & given up 1.75 sacks all season, one of the leaders of Jacksonville's 2nd ranked running attack
    C: Nick Mangold (Jets) - Has started 14 games as a rookie and has given up only half a sack.

DEFENSE
    DE: Leonard Little (Rams) - Superior to both Peppers and Smith in solo tackles, sacks, and forced fumbles.
    DE: Trevor Pryce (Ravens) - Schobel may have the slightly better stats, but it's hard to see Pryce on a dominant playoff team not making it.
    DT: John Henderson (Jaguars) - Had a solid year w/o Stroud for much of the time, yet gets passed over for Seymour who primarily plays DE
    DT: Warren Sapp (Raiders) - Leads all DTs in the league with 8 sacks, yet is excluded
    LB: Bart Scott (Ravens) - More deserving than teammate Terrell Suggs, who is more of a DE in their defense anyways.
    LB: London Fletcher (Bills) - 3rd in AFC in tackles, has 3 INTs and a defensive TD. Al Wilson hasn't even topped 100 tackles.
    LB: DeMeco Ryans (Texans) - Only NFL player with over 100 solo tackles at this point in the season, also has 3.5 sacks and an INT... as a rookie.
    CB: Asante Samuel (Patriots) - More tackles and interceptions than Chris McAlister, same # of passes defensed
    CB: Walt Harris (*****) - Six INTs and 4 forced fumbles, yet gets passed over by DeAngelo Hall (4 INTs, 0 FF) and Ronde Barber (3 INTs, 2 FF).
    S: Chris Hope (Titans) - 112 tackles, 4 INTs, and a defensive touchdown. Instead John Lynch makes it with 68 tackles and 0 INTs.
    S: Kerry Rhodes (Jets) - More tackles, sacks, FF's, and INTs than Polamalu.

SPECIAL TEAMS
    K: Josh Brown (Seahawks) - Could have gotten in on the number of game-winning kicks alone; Gould hasn't even attempted a 50+ yarder
    P: Mike Scifres (Chargers) - Lower average but better % of punts in the 20 and half the touchback percentage as Brian Moorman
    Now that's one hell of a team, isn't it?

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Re: The Official Pro Bowl All-Snub Team

LB: DeMeco Ryans (Texans) - Only NFL player with over 100 solo tackles at this point in the season, also has 3.5 sacks and an INT... as a rookie.
    How sweet it is
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

I know Josh Brown has hit some clutch FG's for the Seahwaks this season but I would still put Jeff Wilkins ahead of him and Gould.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Fletcher has 2 TDs, one intercepted, one fumble recovery.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'm on board for most of these, especially John Henderson, London Fletcher, Leonard Little, Javon Walker (productive not only on a new team where he hadn't had time to develop chemistry but also with different QBs on his new team throwing him the ball), and Mike Scifres.

However, I think Mack Strong is a better lead blocker than Griffith, so I'd rather have him if it was me picking.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

You should edit your picks NICK
    because Roy Williams is in at the expense of Tory Holt not going.But it is for the better se he can take care of his injury so hes back for the next season 100%.