Current Standings

San Francisco 1-0 (1-0)
Arizona 1-0 (0-0)
St. Louis 0-1 (0-0)
Seattle 0-1 (0-1)

The Rams were not able to contain Michael Vick and his supporting cast, so the Rams dropped their first game to the Eagles. My other two picks were correct, though Arizona had a real scare against the improving Panthers. AV's Prediction Meter: 2-1 (.667)

Week 2 Predictions

Steelers 33 Seahawks 6
This one does not look good for Seattle. Its bad enough to have to travel to Pittsburgh and play the Steelers on their home field. But, to make matters worse, the Steelers will be looking to redeem a horrible first week performance against the Ravens. Seattle will be significantly outmatched in this one.

Cowboys 27 Niners 16
Like the Seahawks, the Niners will be facing a team stung by a tough first week loss. The Cowboys have enough offensive talent to move the ball against the Niners' defense, and I doubt San Francisco will get two special teams TDs again this week.

Redskins 23 Cardinals 19
From a talent standpoint, the Cardinals match up fairly well against the Redskins. However, after going 1-7 on the road in 2010, Arizona must prove they can win away from home. Also, the Cardinals' pass defense, which gave up 422 yards passing to Cam Newton, is a major weakness that even Rex Grossman should be able to exploit.

Rams 26 Giants 21
I could talk about the Rams rallying together and facing adversity, but my analysis is more basic than that. Eli Manning was sacked 4 times and hit 7 more against the Redskins. The Rams should be able to get to him with similar, if not greater, frequency. If they do, Eli is prone to make mistakes. On the other side, I think the Rams will do a better job of protecting Sam Bradford this week, allowing him to get his first MNF win.

Projected Standings

San Francisco 1-1 (1-0)
St. Louis 1-1 (0-0)
Arizona 1-1 (0-0)
Seattle 0-2 (0-1)

The Rams should be right in the thick of the race after two weeks. That is the name of the game for Weeks 1-8. If the Rams finish the first half of the season within two games of the division lead, they should be able to surge in the second half, with a far more forgiving schedule, the division games, and some key reinforcements (i.e. Mark Clayton).