AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'll admit it... I'm confused.

This is proving to be a most confusing season.

The Rams started the year looking like an expansion team. Actually, they looked worse. Expansion teams usually have a lot of fire, but little talent. The Rams have some talent, but showed no fire and no heart. The need for a change, long advocated by some (ahem) became obvious to all.

Enter Jim Haslett as the Head Coach (and welcome back to the starting lineup, Marc Bulger, and to the team, Fakhir Brown) and suddenly everything has changed. The team is playing defense, forcing turnovers, and, most of all winning.

So, therein lies the confusion. What kind of team do we have here? Clearly, the Rams are not as bad as their uncompetitive start would suggest. Likewise, I think we should be careful not to overestimate the team. I really don't know what to think at this point.

That said, being the optimist that I am, here are three factors to consider:

1. The Rams success has been due, in part, to players who wil only get better.
    Chris Long has been a factor. Donnie Avery is becoming a real playmaker. Keenan Burton is now in the rotation. These players will only get better with experience. Other young players are also rising with experience: Atogwe, Carriker, Ryan, Bartell and even (dare I say) Incognito and Barron all seem to be on the upswing.

2. The schedule will become favorable in the second half of the season.
    After a tough start to the season, the Rams' schedule eases up in the second half, with games against many sub-500 teams. If the Rams can finish the first half of the season at 3-5, an 8-8 finish (or better) is attainable.

3. The NFC West is up for grabs.
    Seattle is a mess. The Niners are having their problems as well. Only the Cardinals seem to have their act together. The Rams are not out of this yet, not by a long shot.

So where will this all end up? Well... I just don't know. At this point, I can see a the Rams only winning 2 or 3 more games, and I can see them having a winning record.

One thing is certain, though.

Things have become interesting again.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: I'll admit it... I'm confused.

Of course. The Bucs' old uniforms were not exactly fear inducing.