AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

A Long Day's Journey Into Bash (Part 1)

Another opening day is on the horizon, but this one is like no other.

For the first time in my nearly three decades as a Rams fan, I will be there. I will be in the Ramsí home city, in their stadium, among more Rams fans than Iíve ever seen in a single place. At my side will be Dez, Utterblitz, Bruce=GOAT, BigRedMan, AlphaRam and other members of my cyber-Ram family that we call ClanRam.

I guess one question must be on the minds of those reading thisÖ

What took me so long?

Geography, work, family commitmentsÖ all played a part. But now Iím finally making the trip, and I can hardly wait. I feel like a little kid, giddy with anticipation. I wonder what the Arch will look like, I wonder what kind of Rams souvenirs Iíll find. I wonder what the ribs at Hanneganís will taste like. I wonder what it will be like to watch a game in a dome (something Iíve never done). I wonder how loud it will be when the Rams score their first TD of the season.

I know that most of you are not able to join in the Bash festivities, so I give you this pledge: this is only part one of a two-part story. I will come back next week and, to the best of my ability, give you a taste of the experience Iím about to have. I will give you the ďinside storyĒ of the Bash, so that you, the readers, will feel like you were there with us (I may even have a photo or two if I can manage it). Hopefully, in doing so, Iíll prompt a few more to attend next year.

I havenít even departed yet, and Iím already convinced that it will be worth the trip.

See you next week.

Re: A Long Day's Journey Into Bash (Part 1)

One thing I would love everyone to do is bring a camera with them and take loads of photos to share with the ClanRam.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Av, I've never done the Bash maybe next year. I can tell you this though, you will love the Dome. Show up early for the game to enjoy the pregame festivities. There will be plenty of souvenirs to be had. Ah, yes please take pictures.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I am excited about the opening game and my third Bash.....I am glad you are finally making the trip Avenger. It is nice to turn cyber friends into real people.

This Bash is building some emotional momentium since it is a BIG game for the Rams and maybe they have something to prove. New Coach, new year, new players, first game of the year. I can't wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Sounds great guys, I'd love to hear about it and check out the pictures, I'm sure a lot of other people that aren't coming would as well. If St. Louis wasn't so damn far away, I'd strongly consider attending myself. Like Avenger I have still to watch my first Rams game at the Ed. Have a Blast and let's get that first W!

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Avengerram, although i've seen the rams play in seattle and arizona, i too have never been to a rams game in the dome.
    For an ultimate fan the ultimate dream is to watch their team in their own house, be a part of rams nation, cheer along w the fans, exchange hi 5's, mock the other team and their lonely fans, and drink all the beer u can.
    i envy you and all season ticket holders.ENJOY THE GAME.....GO RAMS!!!

maineram is offline Registered User

Av, last year was my first ever Ram home game and first ever Bash. you cannot imagine the feeling of being in the same city as your team let alone going to a home game of your team. I have been to 4 Ram games through the years as a long time Rams fan, but going to a home game is off the charts. Just being in the city and not having to listen to local sports football news 24/7, ( in my case the Patsies), and hearing, breathing, living my team is an unforgetable experience. I was in St. Lou for last years Bash for 3 days and it wasn't nearly enough. This year I will be in St. Lou for 5 days and just cannot wait to start the season there instead of here.

I will be a Bash regular from here on out, and it is the highlight of my year. I have six weeks of vacation each year and would gladly trade all but one for the opportunity to go to the Bash and a home game. You will see when you arrive, and see faces that go with all those names, that have been chatting about our favorite team.

Last year I was there as you are now. Take time to take it all in and enjoy the moments. It's over before you know it.

And yes take your camera, a picture is worth a thousand words !!!!

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !