Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Post-Draft Look at the Roster

Carriker is not built like a classic NT, but he's hardly undersized for the UT position (he's 6'6 and 300+). I think he has the potential to be a very good player. Look at his first two years - multiple position changes and injuries. Nonetheless, he has been a steady player. I think he could come into his own this year.

Ryan is a "plugger." He gives good effort, and can play well at times, but is does not have elite talent by any means. I am hoping that by rotating him with Dorrell Scott (who has some natural talent), the Rams will have a good tandem at DT.

I don't expect the Rams to hold team to 80 yards rushing per game or 3.5 yards per attempt. However, I do think there will be improvement. Having sure tacklers like Laurinaitis and Butler behind the DL will make a difference.

dvbear55 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Carriker is not built like a classic NT, but he's hardly undersized for the UT position (he's 6'6 and 300+). I think he has the potential to be a very good player. Look at his first two years - multiple position changes and injuries. Nonetheless, he has been a steady player. I think he could come into his own this year.

Ryan is a "plugger." He gives good effort, and can play well at times, but is does not have elite talent by any means. I am hoping that by rotating him with Dorrell Scott (who has some natural talent), the Rams will have a good tandem at DT.

I don't expect the Rams to hold team to 80 yards rushing per game or 3.5 yards per attempt. However, I do think there will be improvement. Having sure tacklers like Laurinaitis and Butler behind the DL will make a difference.
    I agree with that. Carriker has some talent to be pretty good player at DT. Not necessarily NT, because with the addition of Dorell Scott, he can play at a position that he is a little more comfortable to play in and make some tackles. The switch from Witherspoon to WLB might also make a big difference because we can be able to stop runs outside like we never were able to last year.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

glad to just hear about the giants D-LINE being a major weakness BEFORE the superbowl year- gives me a little hope, but not too much. ID all but given up on that pathetic run D UNTIL TODAY. I suppose a lot rests on the new recruits.
    COME ON SPAGS!
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -05-15-2009 at 07:26 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12