Varg6 is offline Registered User

Offensive/Defensive Rookie of the Year...

Offensive/Defensive Rookie of the Year for the St. Louis Rams
    By Jake Cohn (Varg6)

Offensive Rookie of the Year for the Rams…

Not a huge surprise to anyone, but I think Joe Klopfenstein will definitely be the best offensive rookie for the Rams. He’s got great hands, and so far can block pretty well. I’d love to see him and Dominique Byrd really succeed as a great duo at the tight-end position. As we all know, Linehan uses two tight-ends a lot in his offensive scenario(s), and we’ll be seeing them a lot going out for passes, especially in the red zone. Obviously, since the start of training camp, Klopfenstein has been the number one starter for the tight end position, so it still is anyone’s job at this point. But, honestly, I think Joe has and will always have the edge at tight-end. He looked pretty good during pre-season, and I expect a lot from this rookie. He’s no Vernon Davis, but he’s still got incredible talent, and will be a force to be reckoned with when the season starts.

Defensive Rookie of the Year for the Rams…

Our defensive rookie of the year will more than likely be Claude Wroten. He was a steal in the draft because of issues he’s had off the field, and so far there has been no problems whatsoever with this guy and it’s been great. Face it guys, he’s going to be one hell of a lineman for the Rams! He started twenty one of twenty five games over a span of two seasons and made 93 tackles, 48 being solo and 12.0 sacks and 34 pressures. To me, that’s really great, and I think he’ll definitely be starting this season. He looked excellent during the first pre-season game, and according to other resources, he’s looked great in camp as well. So, hopefully Wroten will have a good rookie season, and continue on being a great lineman for us Rams!

Runner ups…

Offensive

I think our definite runner up for best rookie player offensively for the Rams this year would be Tony Palmer. I think he’s going to be a good right guard for us in the years to come. He’s very powerful, an excellent anchor, and so far looks good in everything, including the pre-game. Palmer will definitely be put to the test eventually, maybe even this season. But either way, I think he’ll probably be put in at different times during regular season games, and will definitely help out with the line with Incognito and the other guys in the front.

Defensive
    Our defensive rookie of the year for the Rams is without a doubt, Victor Adeyanju. He’s quick, athletic, strong, and just very talented. He looked excellent during the pre-season game against the Indianapolis Colts, and I think has the talent to start his rookie season if there are any injuries. He’s one of those guys who you can count on to work hard, and play correctly as was taught in practice. Adeyanju is definitely a rising star in the years to come, I can almost guarantee it, I have a lot of faith in this guy. My faith probably leans towards either him or Wroten the most in regard to best defensive player in the years to come.

Why not Hill?

Yeah, why not Hill? Well, first off, these are just predictions and opinions based off of just my knowledge of all those players I mentioned. Tye Hill is our first-round draft pick, and probably should be the first defensive player to be picked. But at this point, with the…I don’t want to call it depth, but there are no other words, so…with the depth at cornerback, he won’t be starting so soon, and I think Hill will be a great player for us one day. But at the moment, I think he will be frustrated throughout his rookie season, and probably next season he’ll be starting and ready to go with no mistakes, he’ll be a great player one day, but I doubt our defensive player of the year.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Re: Offensive/Defensive Rookie of the Year...

Incognito would be my choice for the offensive rookie of the year. Since this is the first year he will actually play he still qualifies as a rookie. I think he will be the most important of all the rookies on offense. We need him to do good for the QB, RB, TE, and WR’s to have time to work.

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    Incognito would be my choice for the offensive rookie of the year. Since this is the first year he will actually play he still qualifies as a rookie. I think he will be the most important of all the rookies on offense. We need him to do good for the QB, RB, TE, and WR’s to have time to work.
    He would've been, but I thought, well technically he's a second year player.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Very good job V6! :-)

I also like Joe Klop as the main candidate for the Rams' R.O.Y. He will most likely be our starter TE and as such carry a heavy load of responsibility and performance. I believe he is a smart, studious and hard working athlete that will not only step up to his duties but ... fulfill them.

Richie Incognito, another strong candidate. He and Klopfenstein ought to have a great time proving their skills and strengths -- not to win the ROY merit, of course, but to establish themselves as quality achievers in the NFL.

Tye Hill. I agree with your comments on our No.1 draft pick. I hope he has a GREAT rookie season, even if he remains part of our depth for now.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I like Klopfenstein myself....and we have needs at TE so he may end up being the rookie of the year. Good choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Just to clarify, when you wrote Palmer, did you mean Setterstrom? As far as I can see Setterstrom has been far more impressive than Palmer so far, I'm suspecting Palmer won't even make it to the beginning of the season before he's cut or on the practice squad. Of course you may feel differently, if Palmer *was* what you meant?

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    I have to agree with you 100% here. He is going to be an important key in jump starting this weak running game. He will become an important factor in keeping Marc Bulger upright.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense
    I have to agree with you 100% here. He is going to be an important key in jump starting this weak running game. He will become an important factor in keeping Marc Bulger upright.
    lol, like I said. INCOGNITO WOULD HAVE BEEN OFFENSIVE OF THE YEAR!!!!

It's just, technically, he's a second year player. We may consider him a rookie, but I did all rookies from this draft. Sorry...