Varg6 is offline Registered User

Positives from the Seattle-St. Louis Game...

Positives from the Seattle-St. Louis Game
    By Jake Cohn (Varg6)

(SORRY FOR THE DELAY, SCHOOL IS KILLING ME!)

Trust me everyone, I know that this was a truly heart breaking loss. I was so angry Sunday, I don’t think anyone on this board realizes (Unless they saw me actually freaking out, which none of you didn’t.) how psychotic I went on Sunday. I was absolutely devastated; I don’t care what anyone says about the turnovers, we simply should’ve won the game. That was one of the worst calls to stop the clock ever, and although it is correct in the rulebook(s), it obviously has major flaws, and that is why they’re considering changing that rule. I think even ‘Hawks fans can agree that that is a bad rule.

But anyways, despite the vomit-inducing loss, for the most part (offensively) we played some damn good football. Even though Marc threw an interception, the whole leagues’ Quarterbacks have, it took him 6 games to do so. That is no Marc I know, so with that in mind, that is some great news, and that’s only going to continue. I can honestly say we did play a good defense, and overall a good team, they’re the defending NFC West Champs, and won the NFC Championship. We put up a fight that should’ve made them lose, so hell, despite the loss, we all know inside that we should’ve won and we have a great future ahead of us.

That future however, I don’t think will be this year. We’re going to see sparks of excellence, don’t get me wrong, but I just have my doubts still with this season, playoffs wise. One of those reasons is mainly the defense. The only word I can give our defense is…premature. It just hasn’t blossomed into what it should be yet, and hopefully it will bloom at the perfect time during this season (@ SD would be lovely.). But if not, I seriously think next season will be an excellent year for us. I still have hopes of us doing pretty well this year, but the playoffs may just be out of our reach this year, and keep in mind that has NOTHING to do with the talented team we have. We’re just in general too premature for anything to happen right now. This is a transition year, and it’s a pretty damn good one if you ask me. We still have a great chance at getting to the playoffs, but we still just have to keep in mind, it’s just a transition year.

I think for the most part, the coaching staff has done an excellent job thus far. Linehan knows what he’s doing, and you can tell by his calmness on the field and how he talks after the games in the post-game conferences. I am a big fan of what Linehan is doing, and some of us do believe that our running game is still awful, but that isn’t the case. Linehan is giving Jackson the ball and Jackson is doing what he wants to do. Get yards! Now, this may not necessarily mean running the ball, because this man has some hands too, he can catch it and become a receiving threat as well. He’s not as fast as Marshall Faulk, but he is a balanced back like Faulk, and that is something that made us such a great team.

So, heading into this bye week, I can only hope for one thing, spirit. We lost spirit in the 2nd half of that football game, everyone knows that. Hopefully our defense really learned a lesson and proves that they learned by dominating the whole game this time against the Chargers. We have a bye week, so it’s an extra week to study the opponent and really get some more intensity in there. This team is really destined to be a soon to be superbowl winner, not many people agree with that, but with the talent on this football team (That also includes the coaching.), there’s no way we can’t go all the way. Just wait and see, if we can win against Seattle (Which we basically did.), we’re going to see some great things in the next few years. I must say, despite the nauseating loss, I feel damn good to be a Rams fan. I am truly proud to be one.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Re: Positives from the Seattle-St. Louis Game...

i feel that we made the same mistake with the seahawks that they made with us when shaun mcdonald won the game in overtime ... see when the rams went up 21 - 7 as a fan i had well assumed as we all did that this game was about to be a given win ..... the problem lies here ......as fans its ok for us to feel that way but for the players on the field to feel that the game has become a given because the score is very favorable is a BIGGG!!! mistake and once you become lax in your approach you will start to give up plays and you also got to realize that the seahawks never felt they were going to lose that game so they turned it up a couple notches in the 2nd half and we went down a couple notches but all in all i liked the chemistry we showed on offense and the chargers are gonna be in for a SHOCK !! when The Rams come to town ....5 - 2 is alright with me Lets Go Rams
    Torry Holt Dont play that

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz View Post
    i feel that we made the same mistake with the seahawks that they made with us when shaun mcdonald won the game in overtime ... see when the rams went up 21 - 7 as a fan i had well assumed as we all did that this game was about to be a given win ..... the problem lies here ......as fans its ok for us to feel that way but for the players on the field to feel that the game has become a given because the score is very favorable is a BIGGG!!! mistake and once you become lax in your approach you will start to give up plays and you also got to realize that the seahawks never felt they were going to lose that game so they turned it up a couple notches in the 2nd half and we went down a couple notches but all in all i liked the chemistry we showed on offense and the chargers are gonna be in for a SHOCK !! when The Rams come to town ....5 - 2 is alright with me Lets Go Rams

Let us hope man, 5-2 would be wonderful to achieve against the Chargers, it'll be tough, like I said I hope we learned a lesson.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm sure we'll go into the Chargers game as a 6 or 7 point underdog. But anything can happen as we saw on Monday Night. The Bears were steam rolling through their schedule and the "MIGHTY" Cardinals gave them a huge wakeup call.

PS- Loved your article