Varg6 is offline Registered User

Post-Game Reactions; Random Thoughts

Post-Game Reactions; Random Thoughts…
    By Jake Cohn (Varg6)

To me what killed us the most was obviously our defensive struggles, right? I for one am pretty much ashamed with the way they played last Sunday, and I hope they’re as disappointed as I was with them. It was absolutely atrocious how they played, they let Tomlinson walk all over them that game, and not only does it make everyone hate us again, and give us no respect (Not that I care, we’re always the underdogs, probably even against the upcoming Raiders game.). But, what kills me is that after that loss to Seattle, I honestly got a bad feeling about the defense. I don’t think they start off well, and they sure as hell don’t finish. Haslett must have his hands full right now with the lack of discipline that defense has on the field. Haslett honestly has to do something with this defense. I know I am going a little crazy here blaming the defense for everything, but for the most part, it is the truth. It is what it is…pathetic.

Now, do I think we have no talent on Defense? No, I honestly do believe we have a lot of young players that can do a great job; it’s just for whatever reason they have this instilled mindset of not finishing their battles on the field. That’s what is killing me the most right now; I just wish they’d use their potential talent on the field. We all know they have what it takes to stop an offense…gee, such as the San Diego Charger’s offense! Well, unfortunately I have no rhyme or reason as to why they don’t bring out that talent that we all know that they got, nor do I have an antidote for this cursed defense we seem to always have. I am truly hoping that in the next few years this defense with the drafts we’ve been having (Pretty much every draft we have, we draft our 1st round draft picks on defensive players.) starts showing why we drafted these guys at number one. I am happy with all the changes the Rams have had, but…I knew I had to be wise this season, I knew that this was a transition year. But I was thinking I was wrong when we were 4-1, I honestly thought things were starting to click, and perhaps this wasn’t going to be a transition year. Do we still have a chance? Of course, we’re 4-3, it’s a decent record, but with the talent we have on both sides of the ball, it’s a shame that we don’t have a better record…but that’s football right?

The offense is great. I didn’t think with the talent we have that our high powered offense from the Martz days were going to be over. There’s no way it can be over with guys like Steven Jackson and Marc Bulger on our team. It also doesn’t hurt having two future hall of fame wide receivers and some pretty damn good second string receivers too. The special teams aren’t too bad, but we don’t have a for sure kick off returnee. I thought J.R. Reed was great, and he is, but for some reason he is never active for games. I am not sure as to why Reed is never active, but whatever, what can you do? For the most part, we stop them 30 yards and back, no one’s ran a touchdown off a punt or kickoff return yet, so we’re in good shape for the most part in that area.

Furthermore, with a defense that seemed to have players that were going to make a huge impact (And for the first game, they really did.), they’re not keeping up with that mentality that had the first game. I remember watching the Denver game and seeing how well that defense played. Why? Because they were pumped and wanted to show the world how good they could be. Well, they did, and apparently that was enough for them, because we haven’t seen that good defense back yet, and it’s a damn shame. I really hope we see that defense again, because we’re going to need it up against Larry Johnson, who’s probably just as much of a threat, if not more dangerous than LT was last week.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Re: Post-Game Reactions; Random Thoughts

Agreed we were absolutely horrible on defense and let alone the fumble for a td on a drive that would of tied the game I am disapointed at haslett for letting the defense come out that bad when we had 2 weeks to prepare for the chargers Lt hasn't had a 100 yd game is a while before they played us and we get exploited for almost 200 yds and 3 tds its a shame and if it doesn't shape up and get things right we will be having the same conversation next week about larry johnsons 300 yd game
    Torry Holt Dont play that