Varg6 is offline Registered User

Random Thoughts (11-8-06)

Random Thoughts (11-8-06)
    By Jake Cohn (Varg6)

What is wrong with our Defense?

There is no real loophole or anything like that, donít get me wrong. There are so many different excuses to make but what I honestly thought at firstÖnow I realize was wrong. I thought at first that this defense did not have the mindset to be a good defense because of Marmieís coaching. Now we have Jim Haslett who is clearly the man for the job, and I donít care what anyone says, Iím sticking with Haslett. What I thought was that our defensive players were good and talented but they just didnít have the proper coaching and mentality to have a stable defense. Well, I was wrong. Our defensive players are just not that good. I honestly donít think its Jim Haslettís fault at all to be honest. Itís just number 1, you canít fix an absolutely awful defense in less than a year, and number 2, itís not like we had that talented of players anyways. I honestly thought we did have talented players, but like I said I was dead wrong. The plays that some players are making on us are disgusting; I want to puke sometimes when I watch my defense. I honestly get nervous when the defense is on, not necessarily when the offense comes on.

Can Marc be an MVP?

Yes, of course he can be. All you hear about is how Trent Green is so underrated. Well excuse me! How can you be underrated when youíre always talked about being underrated? Being underrated is literally when no one realizes how well you play! And this is the typical Marc situation. I know heís hurt a lot but right now weíre a lot better with protecting him, even though the line is still dreadful. So, considering the situation and what this man is doing, I can honestly say he deserves the MVP award. But what he really deserves is a good defense, and unfortunately for him that probably wonít happen for at least a few more years.

Closing Notes

The whole Haslett situation is really ridiculous. I think we all expected too much because of how good of a defensive coach he was (is). I think we need to give him time to not only work in the kinks of the defense, but to also instill a better mindset for the players, and to get better players. Most of the free-agency acquisitions, actually all of them are above average in my opinion and it is an excellent start to a defense that can eventually become quite dominant in the future. It simply needs time, and unfortunately things donít happen overnight, and trust me, I know everyone knows that I can be very pessimistic, especially during the game(s) on the chat room, but I know what is reasonable, and I know what is unreasonable, and what is unreasonable is to give Haslett this amount of time to re-do a pretty God awful defense.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Re: Random Thoughts (11-8-06)

I agree haslett is still a good coach and I agree that the defensive players aren't as good as we all thought but . . . . Sometimes it comes down to playcalling so I am not letting jim off the hook just yet him and his defensive players should be held accountable for their play on the field and it is up to both of the two to fix it but haslett is a good coach
    Torry Holt Dont play that

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Random Thoughts (11-8-06)

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz View Post
    I agree haslett is still a good coach and I agree that the defensive players aren't as good as we all thought but . . . . Sometimes it comes down to playcalling so I am not letting jim off the hook just yet him and his defensive players should be held accountable for their play on the field and it is up to both of the two to fix it but haslett is a good coach
    Definitely. Trust me, don't get me wrong, I am not calling Haslett a saint just yet (no pun intended), but its mainly the problems of those defensive players. The play-calling sometimes has to do with it, but mainly the players are the ones that aren't so hot.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams