Varg6 is offline Registered User

What to Watch: Chargers VS Rams

What to watch: Chargers VS Rams
    By Jake Cohn (Varg6)

The Chargers offense has one of, if not the best running back in the league. Ladainian Tomlinson; LT. They also have one of the best tight ends in the league as well; Antonio Gates. Everyone who reads these articles know me, and how I worry, so you know after those two sentences that I am worried about Sunday’s game. I am really worried about our defense. I know we have a few starters back on defense ready for Sunday’s game, but we’re still giving up points to teams that frankly shouldn’t be scoring. Don’t get me wrong, we do have a better defense and all, but something sparked on opening day against Denver, and unfortunately I’ve yet to see that spark again.

Hopefully this bye week really made the defense hungry for the ball, and to get our offense back on the field because honestly, I am not too worried about our offense against the Charger’s defense, with or without the players they’ve lost for this week i.e. Shawne Merriman, Shaun Philips, Igor Olshansky, etc. Like Leonard Little said in one of the articles he was interviewed in, when we lost to Seattle, it was “ridiculous” that we gave up that many points in the 2nd half. With a W or an L last week, I tend to agree that it was ridiculous that we gave up that many points.

We gave up points even without Seattle’s MVP, Shaun Alexander. The Chargers however have all their starters, and they’re just as talented as Seattle’s starters, if not more talented and dangerous. This is the game where I for one need to see that spark once again, and actually for the rest of the season because without it, I think we’re doomed for this season. Our offense is still incredible and all, but we’re not going to be much of anything if our defense doesn’t hold up to what it says it will. Witherspoon has said it himself, they do NOT want to be a defense that makes the offense do everything, and hopefully they’ll hold them to 48 when the offense scores 50. That’s what worries me about this defense; they say they don’t want to be something, when they actually might be the thing they say they don’t want to be.

So all in all, although I’ve pointed out all the negatives, I do think we can win this game, along with the others (Especially when Hasselbeck will be out for when we play them again.) with this hard stretch during the month of November. Whatever happens Sunday, I am of course not going to be here to talk to you guys, and I’ll be trying to figure out the score the whole time at this stupid party, and I’m going to be a nervous wreck! Ahhh, hopefully we just win the next few games, because if we can do that, we can surely get to the post season, which I’d love, although…unfortunately I don’t see it for this year…But we shall see…

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: What to Watch: Chargers VS Rams

So you are going to a party Varg6, during the game? What kind of fan are you? Where are your priorities? Come on...skip the party.....

So you are predicting a post season already with a few more wins .... that is pretty bold of you.... we have some good teams coming up. I hope you are right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BoltPride is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    What to watch: Chargers VS Rams
    By Jake Cohn (Varg6)

The Chargers offense has one of, if not the best running back in the league. Ladainian Tomlinson; LT. They also have one of the best tight ends in the league as well; Antonio Gates. Everyone who reads these articles know me, and how I worry, so you know after those two sentences that I am worried about Sunday’s game. I am really worried about our defense. I know we have a few starters back on defense ready for Sunday’s game, but we’re still giving up points to teams that frankly shouldn’t be scoring. Don’t get me wrong, we do have a better defense and all, but something sparked on opening day against Denver, and unfortunately I’ve yet to see that spark again.

Hopefully this bye week really made the defense hungry for the ball, and to get our offense back on the field because honestly, I am not too worried about our offense against the Charger’s defense, with or without the players they’ve lost for this week i.e. Shawne Merriman, Shaun Philips, Igor Olshansky, etc. Like Leonard Little said in one of the articles he was interviewed in, when we lost to Seattle, it was “ridiculous” that we gave up that many points in the 2nd half. With a W or an L last week, I tend to agree that it was ridiculous that we gave up that many points.

We gave up points even without Seattle’s MVP, Shaun Alexander. The Chargers however have all their starters, and they’re just as talented as Seattle’s starters, if not more talented and dangerous. This is the game where I for one need to see that spark once again, and actually for the rest of the season because without it, I think we’re doomed for this season. Our offense is still incredible and all, but we’re not going to be much of anything if our defense doesn’t hold up to what it says it will. Witherspoon has said it himself, they do NOT want to be a defense that makes the offense do everything, and hopefully they’ll hold them to 48 when the offense scores 50. That’s what worries me about this defense; they say they don’t want to be something, when they actually might be the thing they say they don’t want to be.

So all in all, although I’ve pointed out all the negatives, I do think we can win this game, along with the others (Especially when Hasselbeck will be out for when we play them again.) with this hard stretch during the month of November. Whatever happens Sunday, I am of course not going to be here to talk to you guys, and I’ll be trying to figure out the score the whole time at this stupid party, and I’m going to be a nervous wreck! Ahhh, hopefully we just win the next few games, because if we can do that, we can surely get to the post season, which I’d love, although…unfortunately I don’t see it for this year…But we shall see…
    Good post. I think the biggest key to the Chargers success will be getting pressure on the QB. Otherwise I don't feel too confident about our secondary covering Holt and Bruce, especially since they have 5 years of experience working and developing chemistry with Bulger. If the Bolts can do this and establish a strong running game as well, I would feel optimistic for a Chargers victory. We haven't had a game yet this season where we truly had a strong, dominant rushing attack- and LT is overdue for a 100+ yard game .

Not sure if any of you guys already knew this or not, but it's something that I just found out about today and I thought it was really cool:

*This will be the FIRST game in NFL HISTORY to feature 3 Wide Receivers that have at least 10,000 or more receiving yards.*

1. Isaac Bruce-12,666 receiving yards
    2. Keenan McCardell-10,909 receiving yards
    3. Tory Holt-10,013 receiving yards
    Pretty awesome stuff huh? Another great NFL accomplishment shall be achieved this Sunday!

That is indeed a cool bit of trivia. 3 receivers with some big yards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That is pretty awesome, and Utter, its a family party, its kind of hard to get out of those my friend! And what I mean about these next few weeks is that, well simply its the hardest part of the schedule in my opinion, and I think if we can win those, we'd have a great shot at going to the post season, and last time I checked every team's goal is to get to the playoffs/superbowl...So hey...let me dream!!! It's my article and I write whatever I want!!! lol

I am not saying that it is not possible for the Rams to see some post season action Varg...I just think you are dreaming the dream a little early, but that is ok. It is your article and you can write whatever you want.

Have fun at the "family" party and see if you can get a tv in there to check the scores.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    I am not saying that it is not possible for the Rams to see some post season action Varg...I just think you are dreaming the dream a little early, but that is ok. It is your article and you can write whatever you want.

Have fun at the "family" party and see if you can get a tv in there to check the scores.
    lol, it seriously is a family party, its a barmitzvah. My cousin is turning 13, and he's having a party. I wish I wasn't going, but I have to dude.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    lol, it seriously is a family party, its a barmitzvah. My cousin is turning 13, and he's having a party. I wish I wasn't going, but I have to dude.
    lol, I say barmitzvah this.... It's football season and more importantly the Rams are playing. lol :beer: :waiting:

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

Varg, I feel for you. Too bad you couldn't have talked them into it last week during our bye. Luckily, in my family when these situations happen, my dad ALWAYS finds a TV and I tend to sneak off too to watch the game. We tend to give it away tho with our noise, we're not very quiet RAM fans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RammieGirl View Post
    Varg, I feel for you. Too bad you couldn't have talked them into it last week during our bye. Luckily, in my family when these situations happen, my dad ALWAYS finds a TV and I tend to sneak off too to watch the game. We tend to give it away tho with our noise, we're not very quiet RAM fans!!!
    hahaha, lucky. Well, the thing is, Jewish people can't drive or whatever on Saturday (ehh, I don't know, I'm not religious), can't do...well basically anything. So they couldn't do it Friday for some reason, Saturday, like I said, can't do anything day, and Sunday is the only day...its 1-4, so I can get in the rest of the game if we can get back in time, I have no idea where it is, but with my luck, it'll be like 5 hours away lol.

It is a good thing that the football players don't take that God's "day of rest" too seriously or we wouldn't have any football to watch on Sunday.

I know...I know....I am crossing over into that religious zone and pushing the limits of the no-religion talk here at the Clan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]