laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

City of St.Louis owes the support to our Rams.

The city of St.Louis had the Cardinals from the 1960 season through the 1987 season. The Cardinals played in a total of 4 playoff games winning "only" 1 in those 28 seasons. That 1 playoff win was back in 1964 in what was called the 3rd place game. Their best run was 1974 (10-4), 1975 (11-3), 1976 (10-4).
    They made the playoffs in 1974 and 1975 but lost in the Divisional round to the Vikings and Los Angeles Rams respectively. In the 28 seasons the Cardinals existed in St.Louis they amassed a record of 186 wins with 202 losses and 14 ties. The City was sick of a losing non-playoff football team.
    So they moved to Arizona. St.Louis went 7 seasons without an NFL team representing their city.

So here come.....

"The Los Angeles Rams" moved to St.Louis before the start of the 1995 season.
    The Rams have a won/loss record of 100-92 since being in St.Louis. More importantly they have brought a ton of excitement to the City of St.Louis.
    The high flying offenses along with the numerous playoff appearances. The Rams have been in the playoffs 5 of the 12 years since moving to St.Louis. Played in 10 playoff games and 2 Superbowls. WINNING SUPERBOWL XXXIV!! Compiled a playoff record of 6-4 during those playoff seasons. So yes the City of St.Louis definitely received an upgrade in a big way.

Because the Cardinals are still an active team though playing in Arizona, I do understand and accept the fact that the City of St.Louis is split to a certain extent. I'm sure alot of the locals are still Cardinals fans and don't support our Rams. Makes perfect sense to me. I live in Massachusetts yet will support the Rams Franchise no matter where they call home. I am a transplant from Los Angeles where our Rams called home when I first got hooked on the Rams.

The Rams have brought a winning attitude to this City and the City needs to find a way to support our team 150%. Every team in the NFL experiences the roller coaster rides. The ups and downs. It's easy to support a team on the up swing it's the downs when creativity needs to take place. St.Louis needs to find a way show the appreciation our Rams Franchise deserves. I'm not saying the Rams are moving again but it wouldn't surprise me if the support from the City and the Fans isn't there. They've done it before and I'm sure they'll do it again.

Just food for thought.....

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: City of St.Louis owes the support to our Rams.

nice post, i think if you take the baseball cardinals championship season and then the rams don't play up to our (fans) expectations and so the fans start to stay home,thats the way it is now,look at yesterdays ravens game, they booed them at halftime and they were only down 6 points.what the hell was that,your team is 13-3 and your team is playing a divisional playoff HOME game and you boo them.i think it has a lot to do with our what have you done for me lately society we live in.if we put a good team on the field the fans will support them,do i think thats right ? NO,a real fan supports his or her team through good and bad(remember the 1990's),diehard fans will always be there,but regular fan loyality and even player loyality for that matter have gone the same route as the pet rock and the mood ring.so, thank god for the die hard Rams fans holding down the fort until the bandwagon fans jump back on.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Nice post guys.I have been a Rams fan since i started watching football and will never change my team no matter where my beloved Rams move.I appriciate all the die hard fans because without them I dont know how many fans we would have with all the moveing we have done.People jump on and off the bandwagon all the time take the chargers for example this season now everybody is like"i knew they were the best team in the NFL" but we'll see today how many people really like them.All da true Rams fans be strong and everything will go good for our team the great St.Louis Rams.

aff15loader is offline Registered User

The Ravens fans booed them because they decided to run the ball and the clock out when they could have took some shots down field..nothing wrong with that

blood85 is offline Registered User

I grew up a Los Angeles Ram fan, In the Late 70's In the Central Valley of CA. I grew up amongst many so called "steeler fans (I.e. bandwagon)", and will always support the Rams.

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

From what I can tell, St. Louis HAS supported the Rams. Most of what you are probably basing this is the week 16 blackout. That would have been a hard sell for any losing team in the NFL. The Rams had 11 straight years of sellouts of 65000+ in the dome when the majority of the teams have been sub-.500. That is support no matter how you spin it . Even on the day of the blackout, Rams fans answered the call by putting 63000 butts in the seats. That is pretty good for a bad day. Did you see the stands for the Jets/Miami game on Christmas day in Miami. It was baron. There were just as many Jets fans there as Phins fans. The Raiders never filled up the Colisseum this year.

And as for being invaded by Bears and Cheifs fans invading the Dome, first consider the geography of the teams, then consider how loud that dome is, then consider how the Rams played during those games. Case closed.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

I agree with what your saying about the Bears game but it did sound like they invaded our stadium.But none the less the city has gaven the Rams their support and we will continue to support our team.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

I notice that you didn't mention that nearly every home game prior to this season had been sold out since the 1995 season. But that's ok. Bottom Line: The Rams are still new to the city, whereas Baseball have been the lifeblood of the city since the 1870's.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    nice post, i think if you take the baseball cardinals championship season and then the rams don't play up to our (fans) expectations and so the fans start to stay home,thats the way it is now,look at yesterdays ravens game, they booed them at halftime and they were only down 6 points.what the hell was that,your team is 13-3 and your team is playing a divisional playoff HOME game and you boo them.i think it has a lot to do with our what have you done for me lately society we live in.if we put a good team on the field the fans will support them,do i think thats right ? NO,a real fan supports his or her team through good and bad(remember the 1990's),diehard fans will always be there,but regular fan loyality and even player loyality for that matter have gone the same route as the pet rock and the mood ring.so, thank god for the die hard Rams fans holding down the fort until the bandwagon fans jump back on.

In case you hadn't noticed, the Cardinals won their first WS in 24, twenty-four, viente-quatro, years. Almost a quarter-century ago. That's un-Cardinal like. So, of course the Rams were going to take a backseat this year. And, I have some real estate in Alabama that I will like to sell you if you can show me a city in the entire nation that doesn't have their fair share of bandwagon fans