Thread: A False Start

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

A False Start

St. Louis, Mo. (Sept. 10, 2006)

"RAMS ride Defense, Wilkins past Denver"
    ----------------------------------------
    Thanks to the St. Louis RAMS new-look defense and Jeff Wilkins 6 field goals the RAMS beat the Broncos 18-10. New Defensive Coordinator Jim Haslett put together a gameplan that his squad used to force 5 Bronco turnovers and sack the very elusive Jake "the snake" Plummer 4 times.

San Francisco, Ca. (Sept. 17, 2006)

"RAMS lose to Whiners 20-13"
    ----------------------------
    RAMS offense has scored 1 touchdown in 2 games. QB Marc Bulger is sacked 6 times. RAMS "D" zero sacks!!!

Glendale, Az. (Sept. 24, 2006)

"RAMS 16 Cardinals 14, thank you KW"
    -----------------------------------
    Marc Bulger and Kurt Warner took turns trying to fumble this game away.

With the score 16-14 in favor of the RAMS. With 1 minute and 58 seconds left in the game Marc Bulger loses a fumble to the Arizona defense at the RAMS 30 yard line. The Cardinals move the ball down to the RAMS 18 yard line on three consecutive running plays. Then it happened. Kurt warner fumbles the snap and Will Witherspoon recovers. Game over. Thanks Kurt

**NOTE**
    Rams offense has scored 2 touchdowns in 3 games.

St. Louis, Mo. (Oct 1, 2006)

"RAMS outscore Mad Mike Martz 41-34"
    ------------------------------------

RAMS offense finally wakes up and scores 4 touchdowns and gains 427 yards of net offense. Bad Lions team racks up 34 points against Haslett's defense.

Green Bay, Wi. (Oct. 8, 2006)

"RAMS hold on to win in Green Bay"
    --------------------------------
    With the RAMS leading 23-13. Packers QB Brett Favre (after being very quiet for 3 quarters) finally woke up. Favre began the rally halfway through the 4th quarter. He hit rookie wr Greg Jennings for a TD with 6:42 remaining in the game. (23-20) Favre then got the ball back with 2:46 left on the clock. He drove the Packers to the RAMS 11 yard line with :44 left in the game. On the next play it happened again. (dejavu KW) Favre was pressured by Jimmy Kennedy and Leonard Little poked the ball away from Favre. The ball bounced around before landing in the hands of Jerametrius Butler.

***NOTE***
    The RAMS used to be the most stylish team in the NFL. Now they're winning ugly--to the tune of a 4-1 start.

Game 6- RAMS lose vs. Seahawks 30-28
    Game 7- RAMS lose at Chargers 38-24
    Game 8- RAMS lose vs. Chiefs 31-17
    Game 9- RAMS lose at Seahawks 24-22
    Game 10- RAMS lose at Panthers 15-0 (Scott Linehan with his Offensive Coordinator history sees his team shutout!)

Even though we started the 2006 season (Scott Linehan's first as a headcoach) with a 4-1 record. We could have been just as easily 2-3 if it weren't for Kurt Warner's fumble and a lucky play by our defense in stripping Brett Favre.

****FAST FORWARD*****

Scott Linehan has been our Headcoach for 35 games now. His record is a dismal 11-24.(after a lucky 4-1 start) Alot of us gave Linehan the benefit of the doubt for last seasons 3-13 record because of all the injuries our team had to deal with.
    What are the excuses for the pitiful start to this season. There are none.
    Oh yeah...look at who we've played to start out the 2008 season some would say. Yes, me too. Forget about the competition and where the games have been played. We've been BLOWNOUT in all 3 games. It would be one thing to be 0-3 and had lost close or even competitive games. That would even be unacceptable by most.
    This is Linehan's 3rd season, Jim Haslett's 3rd season and the very seasoned Offensive Coordinator Al Saunders 1st with our team. The RAMS organization has done all it could to help Linehan succeed. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. It's all gone for not. He's in over his head. The players can't stand him and no matter what they won't go the extra mile for him.

I have been one of Linehan's strongest supporters but I'm at the end of my rope. It's time for our RAMS to move on. Linehan and Haslett need to go, period.

I'm still a firm believer that all the blame shouldn't be cast on Linehan or even Haslett. The players are to blame also. Each and everyone of them have made stupid, costly mistakes probably more than one.

Unfortunately the heat rises to the top.

GO RAMS!!!!

Win one for us the fans.
    Last edited by laram0; -09-23-2008 at 05:28 PM.

easyfour is offline Registered User

Re: A False Start

I hate to say it, but the Rams just can't seem to get the right personnel, both upstairs and on the field.

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

Re: A False Start

This is even worse than the Rich Brooks years, No city will pay their hard earned money to watch a uninspired and undiciplined bunch of rich spoiled not ready for prime time athletes, won't call this bunch Pro's. No leadership anywhere in the clubhouse at any level. Pay the money and pull Jimmy Johnson, Parcells from where they are but don't blame St. Louis. I won't spend my money on these guys.