Thread: I miss our RAMS

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I miss our RAMS

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm feeling the withdrawal of no RAMS football. It's taken me a couple of weeks to recognize the symptoms; Unemotional, drowsy, inability to focus, weight loss, sleeping more and nonverbal during NFL playoff games. I finally went to the doctor and everything was checking out normal until it was time to do an ECG. The nurse came in and hooked me up and ran the test. She delivered the print-out to the Doctor. Some time later, the Doctor entered the room with a puzzled look on his face. He says, "I don't get it everything checks out okay". There I lay still attached to the monitor topless. It was then the Doctor began to look around the room to see my RAMS leather coat and hat on the hooks along with my RAMS sweatshirt on the chair. He then looked at me on the table and noted my multiple RAMS tattoos on each arm, raised his hand to his chin and said "Hmmmm, are the St. Louis RAMS still playing this year"? I answered "No", looking a little depressed. "It all adds up now", "My diagnosis is RAMS FEVER"!

Yeah, I've watched every playoff game this year but it's just not the same.
    I usually watch the playoffs with a few friends and/or relatives. None of which are RAMS fans. They are Giants, Cowboys, Titans, Steelers, Bills, Bears, Falcons, Whiners, Tards, Jets, Raiders, Packers, Vikings and the dreaded Patriots supporters. Because of where I live most of my circle of NFL fans are Patriots fans. I'm not the rub it in your face type of guy but boy would I love to see the Patriots get knocked out of the playoffs. It's very hard watching the success of the Patriots again compounded by the fact that the RAMS aren't playing anymore. While watching the Patriot playoff games I'm very stoic on the outside while my insides are SCREAMING for a Patriot loss. I'm sure everyone around me is wondering why I'm so quiet during the games?
    I wonder if they realize I have RAMS fever?

There are 2 Laram0's. A split personality if you will.

First and foremost is Laram0 the RAMS fan. Here's a bridf description of that character. While watching RAMS hames whether it be pre-season, regular season, playoffs or hopefully the SUPERBOWL. "There are no rules". The nervous tension is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Jumping up and down from the sofa to the front of the television. The verbal guessing of the next play call, yelling at the referees. Second guessing everything, frequently saying, "What the heck was that"? All the emotions, happy, angry and sometimes sad are in full bloom. Thankfully there are a ton of commercials during an NFL hame or I would probably wet my pants. There's no way the front of that television screen in leaving my sight while the game is in play. No bathroom, refreshment, snacks, answering of the telephone or cigarette breaks until the next commercial. I know I'm bad but that's the way it is.

Second is Laram0 the NFL fan. I watch the non-RAM games and admit I look forward to any and all NFL games. For the most part I sit on the sofa in a coma. The only variation from the comatose state would be watching a game in which the outcome has a direct effect on my RAMS. Several refrigerator runs, smoke breaks, bathroom stops, telephone calls etc. All during any part of the telecast. It's just not the same.

Getting back to the withdrawal. Visiting the ClanRam site keeps me informed on what's going on with my team. Right now most of the attention on the RAMS is old news, recaps, speculations etc. The upcoming draft and free agent potential gains or losses are really in focus. I'll be the first one to admit that I don't have a handle on the college players and where they fit into the draft. Thanks to the DRAFTNICK and many others for giving me tons of insight and potential RAMS of the future. So no fault of the Clan but until a player ia a RAM, I just don't get excited and the withdrawal continues to set in. If a free agent leaves or more importantly we sign a player the juices start up again. Once the draft has been completed, I'm back. Back to the researching and speculating of the upcoming season. How many days until the draft? It can't happen soon enough for me.

I feel like I'm all alone. Does anyone else feel the way I do? Doubtfully there any local focus groups that I could attend here in Patriots Nation.

Well, enough crying, I'm going back upstairs to my bedroom, set the alarm for "NFL DRAFTDAY" whenever that is. Roll up in my RAMS blanket, lye my head on my RAMS pillow, stick my thumb in my mouth and hopefully fall into RAMS dreamland.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: I miss our RAMS

Rams Fever is a dreaded disease that affects millions around the world. While there is no cure, symptoms can be relieved some by watching SB XXXIV at least once each week. Excessive alcohol consuption may help relieve the pain. Avoid contact with Patriots fans. Do not operate heavy machinery. May cause side effects. Side effects may include nostalgia, hope, and a desire to stare at beautiful women.

Do not worry. Rams Fever seems to begin fading at Drat weekend, and is usually nonexistant by week 4 of pre-season.

viper is online now Registered User

laram0, you pretty much described my state of being as well. I'm sure that many here feel the same way. But, at least we know what to call it now...RAMS fever! and I got it bad!

blood85 is offline Registered User

I've had it since 1978, some days are better than others.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Me being the only Rams fan that i really know its been tough but i definetely feel the same way.Since we were knocked out of the playoff race i been feelin lazy,bored,tired,sleepy,and havent really enjoyed watchin the playoffs.Ive watched every game but its been like "ahh w/e i dont rlly care who wins dis game".Ya know what im sayin.But im glad im not the only one feelin like dis 2.

O yea a quick question im bout to get a Rams tat and im wondering what yall think i should get on my right arm???Tell me what yall think bout my situation

BigGameHolt is offline Registered User

i feel you laram0, i live in CT where everyone is a giants/jets/pats fan, and only one other person besides me cares about the rams but even he pales in comparison to true Rams fans. i cant watch these playoff games without thinking that the rams could have done some serious damage in the weak nfc, and the nfc champion bears only beat us due to hesters two tds. so right now, rams withdrawal is hitting me hard especially when I see my SJ, Torry HOlt, faulk and bruce jerseys hanging in my closet waiting till next year.
    :clanram: BIG GAME Holt

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39WillRunYaOva View Post
    O yea a quick question im bout to get a Rams tat and im wondering what yall think i should get on my right arm???Tell me what yall think bout my situation
    I'm a big fan of naked lady tats myself, so I was thinking you should get a topless Georgia tat.

ramscoyote38 is offline Registered User

a topless Georgia tat....... How about cheerleaders instead?

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramscoyote38 View Post
    a topless Georgia tat....... How about cheerleaders instead?
    The cheerleaders wish they were as hot as Georgia.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

topless Georgia .....I hope you are talking about a younger version of her.:O

I am missing the Rams also. They could have done well in the playoffs if they kept playing with the intensity that they ended the season with.

I am not a big fan of the offseason or the draft. I try to pay attention to it, but there is so much information to look through. I get bogged down with all the data.

We have lots and lots of months to go before football starts up again.

Right now I am trying out match.com and I have to tell you, it is not a good replacement for talking about the Rams and football.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I too have been unemotional during the playoffs; of course the thought that "the Rams could beat any of these teams" has been running through my head. I've taken down all of my Rams gear that has adorned my living room during the season. It will be a long wait until they are again released to decorate my living room.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey