Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S. L. A. P.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Post Re: S. L. A. P.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    LT had a poor day? He scored both of his teams TDs against the best defense in the league, and he never fumbled. A few carries in the preseason wouldn't have helped LT against the Bears, they were going to shut him down yardage wise either way.

Gore also scored a TD, and never fumbled. The Arizona D played Gore very well and made Smith beat them.

Even though Moss is a WR he had a nice day without playing in the preseason also.

I think it's a weak argument to blame any of Jackson's poor play on preseason carries. The fact is Carolina plays good D and some preseason carries would not change that.
    First off, the bears ARE NOT the best defense in league. LT was shut down the second half, the stats are misleading. Yes he had a rushing TD and a passing one, but he only ran for 25yds. 25!!. he was totally shut down rushing in the second half, he had 17 rushes averaging 1.5 a pop. i agree totally with THEFIELDGOAL and we should take more shots. i also think avenger is right about jackson being rusty.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz View Post
    Can torry still do that kinda stuff to corners I am shure he can but the OC has to call it
    i think torry still has it. linehan's dink-dunk isnt so great, i really am hoping he utilizes our GREAT receivers more, geeshe its making me sick.
    Last edited by prof22693; -09-14-2007 at 08:43 PM.

Re: S. L. A. P.

sorry double post mod delete this please
    Last edited by prof22693; -09-14-2007 at 08:42 PM.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by prof22693 View Post
    First off, the bears ARE NOT the best defense in league. LT was shut down the second half, the stats are misleading. Yes he had a rushing TD and a passing one, but he only ran for 25yds. 25!!. he was totally shut down rushing in the second half, he had 17 rushes averaging 1.5 a pop. i agree totally with THEFIELDGOAL and we should take more shots. i also think avenger is right about jackson being rusty.
    You must have missed the part where I said the Bears would shut down LT yardage wise whether he had some preseason carries or not, I know what he ran for. LT still had 2 TDs which won them the game and to me that's a good day. I will take 2 TDs and a win over yardage any day. Whether the Bears are the best defense or the second best you are really nitpicking about who's a better defense, oh wait you didn't even name who you think is the best defense. I will just assume you think it's Baltimore and the difference between who's better, Baltimore or Chicago is very minimal.

Jackson hardly looked rusty in the first half when he was running over the Panthers defense. He sure did look bad in the second half AFTER Pace went out of the game and our offense went into a shell though. Coincidence, I think not.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

STLLAMBS is offline Registered User

The breakdown was great. But, I must be one of those glass half empty kind of guys. Because, the loss of Orlando Pace on the O-line is going to have a devastating effect on our entire offense. Linehan has to be held accountable for allowing us to go into the season so dangerously thin on the O-line. With the more recent injury to Tye Hill in the secondary, I think Linehan blew it again. By starting the season with other teams cast-offs and subs being thrust into a starting role on a team lacking the ability to consistently pressure the quarterback. I was not feeling a great deal of confidence in our defensive backfield going into the season, and without Hill and Brown, I think it's our weakest link. While I'm rolling, I love Will Witherspoon as an outside linebacker. As a middle linebacker I believe he's a little too light in the ass to handle those 300 lb. O-lineman. We need a big stud MLB!!! I feel better now !!! THANK YOU!!!!
    Joe Loubier

Ntchwaidumela is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz View Post
    Can torry still do that kinda stuff to corners I am shure he can but the OC has to call it
    We haven't had a real 'burner' since Alexander Wright, and maybe a Kevin Curtis (pre-leg fracture)

Tory IMO doesn't have 'pure speed' but uses his awesome smarts and routes/fakes to give him the break away.

Bruce at 35 has certainly lost a few steps, but he was never a burner either. Perhaps thats why we now find ourselves in this dink/dunk nonesense. We just don't have genuine deep threats.

Just my two penneth'

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    You must have missed the part where I said the Bears would shut down LT yardage wise whether he had some preseason carries or not, I know what he ran for. LT still had 2 TDs which won them the game and to me that's a good day. I will take 2 TDs and a win over yardage any day. Whether the Bears are the best defense or the second best you are really nitpicking about who's a better defense, oh wait you didn't even name who you think is the best defense. I will just assume you think it's Baltimore and the difference between who's better, Baltimore or Chicago is very minimal.

Jackson hardly looked rusty in the first half when he was running over the Panthers defense. He sure did look bad in the second half AFTER Pace went out of the game and our offense went into a shell though. Coincidence, I think not.
    Point is, LT wasn't running no where near as well as he usually does. and jackson wouldn't fumble twice in a game, doesnt matter if he ran into his teammate, he can do better. i think jackson can still do well this year, even without pace. he seemed to get comfortable towards the end of last year.

We haven't had a real 'burner' since Alexander Wright, and maybe a Kevin Curtis (pre-leg fracture)

Tory IMO doesn't have 'pure speed' but uses his awesome smarts and routes/fakes to give him the break away.

Bruce at 35 has certainly lost a few steps, but he was never a burner either. Perhaps thats why we now find ourselves in this dink/dunk nonesense. We just don't have genuine deep threats.

Just my two penneth'
    Yep, i agree. i still think daunte can burn people though, and torry can still do the deep ball. boldin and fitz are slower than holt and bruce are now, and we can certainly get it done if they can, i just wish we wouldnt dink/dunk so much
    Last edited by prof22693; -09-16-2007 at 09:49 AM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

So we lose another game via lack of execution and the dreaded turnover.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12