Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 0-2. Big Deal.

blood85 Guest

Re: 0-2. Big Deal.

I for one, like fellow ramfan, RFS, am also looking for bright spots.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Last week people were complaining that the team was playing flat and that the defense lacked fire. You can't say the defense lacked fire today. We appear to have a snatched a sleeper with the 5th round selection of Clifton Ryan. Line him up next to Carriker and we are way better off than last year. By mid-season our defense could end up being our strength. As Sam has already pointed out, we can bounce back and likely will. Losing the players we have (and starters at that), placed a heavy burden on the remaining players and coaches. The team didn't fold, instead the guys played their hearts out and came within a whisker of winning. Were it not for the play where Nate Clements was able to punch the ball from Torry's grasp into and through the endzone, the game might have had a different outcome. Even though we lost, I think some of our younger players will come out of this game with a lot more confidence, based on their performance today. Next week I expect us to be better overall -- no reason to think we can't handle Tampa Bay. Believe !!!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

0-2 may not seem like a big deal, but at the moment we're 2 games behind the whiners, maybe 3 when you factor tie breakers in the division race. We've got a huge mountain to climb after a mere 2 weeks into the season. 0-2 looks pretty bad to me.

Truth is offline Registered User

Cool Re: 0-2. Big Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    i disagree. I agree with the concept that we played a gutsy game very shorthanded. However, 4 of our next 5 are on the road and many of our injuries are critical guys who arent coming back so fast. If by "recover" you mean that we still have a shot to go 8-8, i dont necessarily disagree. However, anyone who thinks we have a shot at 10-6 at this point with this team under these circumstances is spending too much time with the hookah pipe, and believe me, i would like nothing better than to be wrong.

Bottom line is that its one week at a time. Playing pretty well doesnt count for much in the nfl, its about wins and losses. We have to find a way to get it done vs tampa if we want a shot at saving the season. moving the ball wont mean squat if we cant convert in the red zone and the turnovers are just murdering us.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    What he said.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

theodus69 Guest

You have to win these kinda games and that makes or breaks you. Today , unfortunately wasn't that day. But that should have been a win.
    Other thing is, wasn't our guy pushed to Hall by a niner on the fumble return? looked that way to me.
    And Holt losing that ball on the 7 ................that really hurt!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Well, yes, it's certainly been done before. A team off a lousy 0-2 start (in any sport, but particuarly in the NFL with only 16 games to play) ... later gets back on track and, yes, even makes the playoffs.

It hopefully will begin next week at Buccaneers. :r

I think the Rams will be able to watch today's film with an honest brain and realize they were...oh, so close! If they -- and I mean everybody, coaches, players -- can just feel the strength that comes in acknowledging that they have indeed improved, that the defense performed relatively well, and that the offense let some opportunities slip away by one or two plays in spite of the enormous setback caused by injuries, then we'll have a good chance.

For one thing, let's take care of the football! :bash:

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

This ones a real tough one for me. On one hand I REALLY hate to lose, on the other hand at least I can say that my boys went down like warriors, fighting to the very end. Still, the reality is that my team is 0-2. A really bad spot considering the abundance of injuries and bad luck that has seemed to recently curse us. But I can't find it in my heart to give up hope. Im going to untuck my tail and hope for the very best, week to week, no matter the cost. Besides the Whiners will come back down to earth very shortly and the West will be wide open again soon enough.

jkramsfan Guest

i know a loss is a loss, but the way we are losing really stings, having the lead in the 3rd quarter with a chance to extend it and not doing it really sucks,I know this team is so much better,we have to get over the injury excuse and have these backups step up and play like pros.the next couple of weeks will be tough with a banged up Bulger but the great thing about the NFL is anything can truly happen.

Country Guest

This is a huge hole to half to climb out of and unless the Rams can turn it around and win a couple in a row it is going to be terrible season.

nuclearman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

Bottom line is that its one week at a time. Playing pretty well doesnt count for much in the nfl, its about wins and losses. We have to find a way to get it done vs tampa if we want a shot at saving the season. moving the ball wont mean squat if we cant convert in the red zone and the turnovers are just murdering us.

Totally agree gc - we have to get the job done there should be no excuses - less experienced players have to step up and the more experienced players need to show the way - this is the NFL!!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I see more reason for hope in this game than last. The defense started playing with some fire, and with the exception of giving up one big play to Gore, they were playing pretty stout against the run. Bartell looked a lot sharper than he did in the preseason. Wade held up on the other side. The two things we really need to fix are: we have got to figure out something with this offensive line, and we have got to stop fumbling.

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

I was left felling numb after the game we should have won that game. I am very happy that we can move the ball. I am very happy that the defense looked great. Pretty much every sack on Alexis was a cover sack. Gore had one big play but was kept in line most of the game. We had a hard time in the red zone last year in the beggining then clicked. I am hoping the same happens here. A couple of bad bounces what can u say? We can beat Tampa and should beat them.

Im not sold that all hope is lost in this division. This division might have a 9-8 winner again this year. If this game was against someone else the doomsday attitude may not be so prevelant on this board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12