Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trevor is offline Registered User

Re: 10 Reasons for Optimism

Stop the injury madness and we can probably win some games!!!

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I am excited about this team, especially the D

I know we lost a lot of games last year, but for the most part that was hardly the Ds fault. We lost a lot of points from turnovers putting the opposition in good field position, or from turnovers being taken back for scores. We lost some points on bone-headed special teams play, although for the most part the special teams were good.

A lot of the games we played this year the D kept us competitive for long periods. But the O couldnt stay on the field, the D wore down, and teams scored on us a lot in the fourth quarter.

Look at the Niners game in week 17. In the first half the O had 4 three and outs, and only three drives where they actually managed to get a first down. This resulted in just one long FG from Josh Brown, and another FG that he missed. The Rams D forced the Niners to punt on every first hald possession except one where they stopped them on fourth down.

In the second half the Rams O had 5 three and outs to open the half, the last one giving us a FG only because Amendola had set the drive up with a great return. After this the Niners scored a long TD pass to Vernon Davis

But it was only after the NINTH three and out from the Rams O that the Rams D gave up the long pass TD to Vernon Davis.

Im excited to see what the D can do when we have an O that can actually stay on the field
    Since I have to spread rep out before giving it to you again, I'll just say here that your statements could not be more true. I saw a lot of things to cheer about from the D this year as well.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

IronRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Im excited to see what the D can do when we have an O that can actually stay on the field
    This, a hundred times over. A lot of pessimists would be amazed at what having a competent and well-rounded offense can mean to your defensive play. Frankly, as terrible as our offense was this year I am surprised that this team was within striking distance of as many wins as it was. A lot of the credit for that goes to the defense.

Edit: Ramsy's post below mine illustrates a big reason why I will remain optimistic. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day (or in this case, a season/offseason).
    Last edited by IronRam; -01-08-2010 at 02:25 PM.
    :ramlogo:

RAMSY57 is offline Registered User

Now that the dreadful 1-15 season is behind us. My optimism is coming from the fact that Devaney and Spags have another offseason and draft to continue building the foundation.

Better days are ahead of us.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12