Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    supachump is offline Registered User

Exclamation 100% Support from this FAN

I debated with myself if I should post this. Surely some of the so called "fans" that have given up on the Rams will have some sort of witty reply. However, I've felt an overwhelming urge to post something.

The Rams are in a sorry state right now. The front office is making bad decisions, the coach doesn't seem up to the job, our defense is unable to hold it together for an entire game, and our front line isn't protecting the Q-Back making him nervous and unable to find a rhythm.

A lot is wrong. But what is right is that the Rams are my team, and for a lot of you on this board, your team as well. Fans have the right to complain and want something better, but a fan should also stick with them and look at the positives no matter how few there seem to be at this particular moment. Contrary to a lot of you, based on the posts I've been reading, I could reluctantly accept another terrible season and another after that and another after that. No, I don't like the abuse and I do want something more, but I stick by my team no matter the outcome.

I don't expect everyone to feel the same way and I know that everyone reacts differently. But what I see, as bad as things seem, is a slight improvement from week 1 to week 2. This is what keeps me going. And I do think the team looked slightly better this week. Even if they play even worse next week, I'll still be here and still be a fan, because there is always hope. And when a team is down, this is what makes a fan. And the true test of a fan at that.

People with different opinions are welcome on this board is far as I'm concerned. That is what sparks good debate and what could help me something that I wouldn't see otherwise. But when someone becomes so negative that the only thing that comes out of their mouth (fingers?) is down right hatred and they are only sticking around here to spread that hatred. And by their own admission, are no longer a fan and unwilling to follow the team. Well, that's your decision and I support it, but why do you stick around here and continue posting such garbage? Do you feel a need to try and convince more people to join your Anti-Rams social club?

I applaud the fans that are sticking behind their team in these bad times. I even applaud the unhappy ones that are overwhelmed with anger, but still hold out a glimmer of hope and remain a fan.

Even more so, to the Rams themselves (not that they are listening), but I support you 100%, even in this bad time. You are my team and I stand behind you, just as I would a member of my family. Good times and bad.

btimsah Guest

Re: 100% Support from this FAN

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    I debated with myself if I should post this. Surely some of the so called "fans" that have given up on the Rams will have some sort of witty reply. However, I've felt an overwhelming urge to post something.

The Rams are in a sorry state right now. The front office is making bad decisions, the coach doesn't seem up to the job, our defense is unable to hold it together for an entire game, and our front line isn't protecting the Q-Back making him nervous and unable to find a rhythm.

A lot is wrong. But what is right is that the Rams are my team, and for a lot of you on this board, your team as well. Fans have the right to complain and want something better, but a fan should also stick with them and look at the positives no matter how few there seem to be at this particular moment. Contrary to a lot of you, based on the posts I've been reading, I could reluctantly accept another terrible season and another after that and another after that. No, I don't like the abuse and I do want something more, but I stick by my team no matter the outcome.

I don't expect everyone to feel the same way and I know that everyone reacts differently. But what I see, as bad as things seem, is a slight improvement from week 1 to week 2. This is what keeps me going. And I do think the team looked slightly better this week. Even if they play even worse next week, I'll still be here and still be a fan, because there is always hope. And when a team is down, this is what makes a fan. And the true test of a fan at that.

People with different opinions are welcome on this board is far as I'm concerned. That is what sparks good debate and what could help me something that I wouldn't see otherwise. But when someone becomes so negative that the only thing that comes out of their mouth (fingers?) is down right hatred and they are only sticking around here to spread that hatred. And by their own admission, are no longer a fan and unwilling to follow the team. Well, that's your decision and I support it, but why do you stick around here and continue posting such garbage? Do you feel a need to try and convince more people to join your Anti-Rams social club?

I applaud the fans that are sticking behind their team in these bad times. I even applaud the unhappy ones that are overwhelmed with anger, but still hold out a glimmer of hope and remain a fan.

Even more so, to the Rams themselves (not that they are listening), but I support you 100%, even in this bad time. You are my team and I stand behind you, just as I would a member of my family. Good times and bad.
    It's a little bit like the love of ones country, once Satan becomes president. Do they disown their country or the leader of it? Same here. The leaders of the Rams have taken this team's roster to the depths of hell.

It's that, that I judge. For I am still a fan! After all, what kind of fan would I be if I cheered on failure? All great programs have spoiled fans demanding success. It's called expectations, and without them a program is destined to fail.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

When I look at our team I am not blind to the fact we need to make changes. Will they? Scary thing is you have teams like Detroit that never do anything. Bottom line is you like them for who they are. If you don't like them, you move on. Are you only with a team because the win all the time or do you really like this team. Good thing to ponder. I like to see the Rams take the field. I hope they score and I hope they win. could never see myself wearing another teams jersey.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah
    what kind of fan would I be if I cheered on failure?
    Not as much of a fan as if you cheered in spite of failure.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Thirty-Nine is offline Registered User

100% Support from this FAN, too

You are my team and I stand behind you, just as I would a member of my family. Good times and bad.
    Great post; I'm not giving up either.

GO RAMS!

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

We had 2 bad games, but consider the competition. We are talking about the perennial playoff teams Giants and Eagles.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Amen supa!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

MikeB1603 is offline Registered User

I hear you Supa, I am willing to forget week 1 and 2 and move on. There are 16 games in a season, as long as we continue to make changes then we will eventually gel into a winning team.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Great post Supa...I support the team I think they are are talented, but I think the coaching staff must go. Linehan is over his head, Haslett is not getting it done with good players and the Offensive Line needs to be retooled.

Hey, I will always support this team. I just want to be in the mix of competitive teams that are be talked about for the playoffs, not the first pick in the draft.

Go Rams!!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

nice post and I do believe most of the clan are good diehard fans,everyone vents from time to time and we all handle the losing in different ways,I drink more beer and eat chili dogs,I don't really know if it helps but I like to think so.Alot of us made it through the 90's so this is not something we have never seen before,we all stuck with them then and we will this time to,hey we are all back from last season. I am sure this season will have some bright spots for us to talk about,we have a great young player in Chris Long who we will be talking about for years to come.As another poster said I could never wear another teams jersey nor do I ever want to,so count me in the 100% support club.

Frito is offline Registered User

I can't explain the feelings inside that I feel... it gets to the point of physical sickness somtimes. That's sick huh? Need therapy maybe? I'm guessing just from the way alot of you show up here everyday you feel the same.

I support the Rams every year. I will never switch Teams. I am a Ram Fan and always will be. It does make the good years that much better when you have the down years. Its a rollercoaster ride!

It is my love for the team that makes me so passionate about it too. I just wish I saw that passion on the field this year. This year the coaster is broken.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I respect anyone who stands by their team thru thick and thin. I will always be a Rams fan. With that said, however, I cannot emphasize enough that the product they've put on the field the past three seasons is completely unacceptable. I understand you can't win every year. I understand that occasionally teams have down seasons. But after a nine year run in the 90's as the unofficial worst team in football, I am unwilling to sit silent as the organization threatens to go right back into the toilet. Management has done a poor job in so many areas it's not even funny. No one has any idea if Chip Rosenbloom is able or willing to provide the kind of single mindedness of purpose needed to be an elite organization. THESE ARE THE RAMS- a team rich in tradition; Youngblood, Deacon, Merlin Olsen, Roman Gabriel, Dickerson, Slater, Faulk, and the list goes on. This is a team who was outstanding in the 70's and very good in the 80's. A team that has been to 3 Super Bowls. And now we are mentioned in the same breath as the Lions and Bengals. I can't accept that sitting down.

The thing that upsets me more than anything is that this team is not only underachieving, but they show no resolve and don't possess the mental toughness to win. They show no aptitude to overcome even the slightest obstacles. Compare them to the Giants of last season and to the team that answered the bell time and time again yesterday against us. And that is a direct reflection of both the coach who coaches these guys and the management who assembles them.

I wish I could do more than complain.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I will never ever jump off my RAMS bandwagon. You may hear or see me jumping up and down in anger but jumping off is just not an option for me.

GO RAMS!!!

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Great thread, and I also will never jump ship. We have the talent, we know this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

thoey is offline Registered User

Sorry, I went to give you positive rep, but didn't realize that it defaults to negative when I hit enter. If a mod could change my rep to a positive vote, I'd appreciate it. And maybe set the default to positive...
    This space for rent...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast