Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: With the 112th pick of the 2011 Draft, the Rams take Greg Salas, WR, Hawaii

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: With the 112th pick of the 2011 Draft, the Rams take Greg Salas, WR, Hawaii

Doesn't Amendola already do everything this guy can do, but has proven it at the NFL level? I trust the front office, as they know more than me, but man we sure coulda used help elsewhere.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I like the pick... we have too many WR that have too many question marks. Lets get as many guys in camp and let the cream rise to the top. Same as the TE pick.

One other note Greg Salas is from my home town and went to the same high school I did, the kid can
    ball!
    eric2810 likes this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Below-average speed, doesn't have an explosive second gear... Has a difficult time gaining separation down the field... Physical corners have been a tough matchup for him, gets knocked off his routes when corners get their hands into his chest...

Well at least he's gonna fit in just swimmingly.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    For those saying "but we already have Amendola," compare his size to Salas' height/weight.
    To be honest, the player on our team that Salas most resembles is probably...Austin Pettis.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

wow WTF!!!

I'm absolutely pissed. How many mediocre WRs do we need? Not only do I hate our draft, with all these WRs we now have, I'm wondering if they will even really try to sign a #1 WR.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

They obviously have a plan and im really excited to see what Sam can do next season.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

For those saying "but we already have Amendola," compare his size to Salas' height/weight.
    Irrelevant. Won't they both be filling the same role? Probably. Has Amendola's size limited him in that role? Not in the slightest. Will Salas' extra size help him do it better? Doubtful.
    msha likes this.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Are you guys serious? I mean our offense was far from explosive and guys were dropping balls all over the field like they were using ky jelly mistakenly thinking it was stick-um. Our defense wasnt horrible with the way it is now. Yes there are some needs but if we dont score more points we are not going to win many games. We had double digit leads in several games this past year and because we came out in the second half and were unable to produce any points in those games we lost. Now we are picking guys who are terrific route runners who are 4.5 guys with great hands. Just for the record Isaac Bruce was also a 4.5 40 guy with great hands and great route running. Our wr's were horrible aside from Amendola last year. Also how does anyone know these guys were are picking will be mediocre? Maybe they will or maybe they turn out to be very good.
    Last edited by rammiser; -04-30-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    Just Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by md8 View Post
    wow WTF!!!

I'm absolutely pissed. How many mediocre WRs do we need? Not only do I hate our draft, with all these WRs we now have, I'm wondering if they will even really try to sign a #1 WR.
    I'd guess not unless we start trimming the fat. Can you imagine having 10 receivers in camp competing for 5 spots? I suspect that these pickups probably do suggest that we're not hitting free agency to solve the problem.

sntlouisrams is offline Registered User

I get the rams need big reliable wrs, but i cant think that overlooking Guard, Linebacker and safety where there are much bigger needs is going to haunt us. Unless they plan on raiding fa for a Guard x2 OLB and x2 safties. That or couple of players maybe being looked at as changing positions from old roster. CBs moving into safety or de moving to olb. Anywho aslong as these picks contribute to a potent passing game next season wont be complaining too much.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Amendola is the only one that has no questions marks, we know what he can do. Avery not sure what he will be like coming back and can he stay healthy. Marty struggled learning the playbook and now he will have a new one to learn and less time with the lock out. Alexander big question mark on his health, Clayton not signed yet and is coming back from injuries. We still have holes at WR to fill.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by md8 View Post
    I'm wondering if they will even really try to sign a #1 WR.
    This. I'm thinking they stand pat at WR this year. I would love to have Sidney Rice, but we don't really ever go after those big name free agents (except for offensive lineman it seems). Two WR's in a row kind of confirms we won't be going after Rice IMO.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Untill the Patriots got Randy Moss did they have a superstar number one wr? The answer is NO. Branch looked like one but when he went to Seattleturned out to be a bust and went back to New England to play in the system he belongs in. That is our offense now and it makes perfect sense to me what Mcdaniels,Spags and Devaney are doing. They are getting the guys this offense needs to succeed. Guys who can catch and run good routes and win games. Not guys who have mediocre speed, cant run routes or catch. Think about the Seattle game and the two huge drops that could have put us in position to win that game. I like to think im smarter than our front office but it just isnt true. Does that mean all these guys will be really good, no. Neither will most the guys getting drafted in this years draft though. When the product is on the field I'll make my judgement.
    Last edited by rammiser; -04-30-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    Just Fix It

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Amazing to me how us fans think we know better than the guys who nothing but all day to go over tape and plan for football. I have yet to see or know of a fan who has transfered from fan to front office. I think I'm going to put m stock in the guys who took this team from 1-15 to 7-9. They've already stated they were going to build this team through the draft and do it the right way.

As great as we think Amendola is no other receiver on our team except for Clayton was able to really get separation. I'm not sure why they selected three Receivers but I suppose they have a plan.
    rammiser and Jonze like this.

I think the Rams' Front Office's view of our WRs differs from that of the fans.

Donnie Avery: We think he'll be fine. Maybe the Front Office is worried.
    Mark Clayton: We assume he'll be re-signed. Maybe the Front Office hasn't decided.
    Danario Alexander: Some here really like him. Maybe the Front Office isn't as convinced.
    Brandon Gibson: Some here think he's a player on the rise. Maybe the Front Office think he's peaked.
    Laurent Robinson: Most here assume he's gone. Maybe the Front Office has already decided.
    Mardy Gilyard: Some here think he'll come around. Maybe the Front Office disagrees.

and, finally...

Danny Amendola: Many here love the guy. Maybe the Front Office views him as a better "story" than he is a player.
    You make a good point. Many of us felt that we had decent mid-depth players, but it could be that the McDaniels coaching staff doesn't even think we have that. We could see an extreme makeover of our receiver corps if Pettis and Salas are in the top five.

Maybe Amendola, Clayton, Pettis, Salas, Alexander/Avery?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast