RamWraith is offline Registered User

Thomas on the radio

Thomas was on Bernie and Randy's afternoon drive show:

1. Carriker is up to 313 pounds
    2. Coaching staff felt that Jimmy Kennedy was just going through the motions during OTAs; one reason that they let him go.
    3. Ryan seems to be ahead of Jackson at DT
    4. Thomas thinks that there is still a chance that the Rams do someting with Jenkins....this is Thomas' view, nothing from the Rams

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Thomas on the radio

Interesting that this whole Jenkins thing still won't go away. Just seemed like something way too good to be true (The "him doing well" part).

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

1380 AM ESPN St. Louis

Today Bernie M. and Randy K. had Jim Thomas on and he had the following to say:

1. Carriker is at 313 lbs and looks good so far. But its still early.

2. He said Clifton Ryan is definently ahead of Keith Jackson at this point.

3. He brought up that he thinks the Rams may make a move for Jenkins before the season starts possibly before training camp. He did say however he did not want to get peoples hopes up.

4. Bernie said he heard some rumblings about the Rams might try Draft at MLB and put Spoon outside. He said that Draft led the Panthers #7 defense in tackles. Thomas responded saying while he does believe it intrigues them he thinks they will start with Chillar at SLB. He said Chillar is not as bad as some people have made him out to be.

Carriker is up to 313 and looking good so far which is good to hear.

I for one would be intrigued also with Draft at MLB and Spoon outside. Draft really provides us flexibility with the LB's.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: 1380 AM ESPN St. Louis

Rams might try Draft at MLB and put Spoon outside. He said that Draft led the Panthers #7 defense in tackles.
    111 tackles... I would not mind this move.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

What exactly does it mean that Bernie "heard rumblings" (apart from the constant rumbling in his stomach)? And, wasn't it Bernie who posted a message that Jenkins isn't coming to the Rams just a couple of days ago?

I'm itching for Rams news as much as the next guy, but this stuff isn't news.

z.nrd Guest

And Miklasz wasn't reporting anything. He heard a rumor AND ASKED THOMAS IF IT WERE TRUE.

Thomas is out at Rams Park constantly, being the beat writer, and so, he would know if any reporter did.

And notice what Thomas answered.

That's completely legit. Ask a question. Get an answer from someone in a position to know.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Yeah, if Carriker is going to be our DT, he needs to bulk up a little bit more. I think he's close.

If Kennedy was just going through the motions, I don't blame the Rams for getting rid of him. Maybe they saw he just didn't have the heart to play, and knew it would show this year and we ended up getting a good deal. Or maybe Kennedy just needed a change of scenery to get his fire going.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Nice to hear Carriker is continuing to add weight without a noticeable dropoff in performance. I'm very anxious to see him on the field on Sundays.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good information. Nothing that discovers another continent but good read, especially for this time of the year!

Glad to see AC and the Rams are in ongoing preparation mode for him to play DT. 315 lb. seems, IMO, just right for him to play his 1st year in the trenches. Maybe 320 would help with the center of gravity situation (he's tall) but let's see what the conditioning coaches resolve.

Hmm, no wonder Jimmy didn't last very long in the off season. If the Rams coaches indeed surmized he was 'only going through the motions' ... why, "thanks pal, here's your one-way ticket out".

I'm rooting for Clifton Ryan to step up and seize the opportunity. I hope he becomes a positive surprise. Good to hear a hint of progress there with CR.

:bash: Thanks Wraith and SB99.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

313 is probably enough to be honest

He doesnt need to add much more the that. He could add more, but i wouldnt want him sacrificing his speed and agility for a few extra pounds

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

1. Carriker is at 313 lbs and looks good so far. But its still early.
    How great is it to be Adam Carriker. The kid works out like a manimal, and now he gets to eat what he wants in quantities of regal proportion. Life must be good.

2. He said Clifton Ryan is definently ahead of Keith Jackson at this point.
    Well, that's great and all, but how do they look compared to DTs that have played a down in the NFL.

3. He brought up that he thinks the Rams may make a move for Jenkins before the season starts possibly before training camp. He did say however he did not want to get peoples hopes up.
    Nick, where's that dead horse animation of yours?

4. Bernie said he heard some rumblings about the Rams might try Draft at MLB and put Spoon outside. He said that Draft led the Panthers #7 defense in tackles. Thomas responded saying while he does believe it intrigues them he thinks they will start with Chillar at SLB. He said Chillar is not as bad as some people have made him out to be.
    I don't have a problem with Draft in the MIKE, but I'm not sure I'm excited about Spoon at the SAM. Seems like a waste of Spoon's talents, IMO.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Looks to me like AC is going to play at around 325 so the fact he's already up to 315 is just awesome. I'm impressed that he's doing what it takes to be a premier NFL player.

I'm not overly worried about Ryan or Jackson playing NT. Reality is that with the competition they are probably going to perform just as well as Kennedy would have produced as a backup. Jenkins is a non-issue at this point.