Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 170-18-41-14-151-1-1

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: 170-18-41-14-151-1-1

I think way too much time has been spent on this thread debating the actual number of dropped passes (and how that term is to be defined). Whether its 11, 14, 23 or some other number, we can all agree that Sam has been greatly hindered by dropped passes, many of which killed potentially productive drives.

MrBagIndgang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I think way too much time has been spent on this thread debating the actual number of dropped passes (and how that term is to be defined). Whether its 11, 14, 23 or some other number, we can all agree that Sam has been greatly hindered by dropped passes, many of which killed potentially productive drives.
    No doubt. But he has also made some rookie mistakes and played some bad games.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MrBagIndgang View Post
    No doubt. But he has also made some rookie mistakes and played some bad games.
    You just keep missing the point.

Let's say have a ribeye steak. You season it with too much salt and a wet rub that is 6 months past its expiration date. You then overcook it and serve it on a dirty plate. It tastes like dung. You remark "man, that was a bad steak!"

Was it a bad steak? How can you even know if the steak was any good?

If you still don't get it, oh well.

Rampingitup is offline Registered User

First off, glad to have you back Av. And you are right. Some people don't get it because they don't WANT to get it. They want to have one single person that they can point fingers at and rage away. Has Sam regressed a bit? Personally I think the issue is more of him trying too hard to do too much to make up for everyone else. He ends up in 3rd and long situations due to short runs, because the O-line didn't block well, or receivers not catching the ball, or idiots getting flagged for metal mistakes (like not remembering the snap count) and then has to hang onto the ball to try and make something happen while getting creamed because the O-line again does not do its job.

And as for making rookie mistakes, most of the problems are due to what I just mentioned. AND he is learning his second offensive system in two years, AND he IS only in his SECOND year. I am so sick and tired of people expecting him to be the equivalent of a Superbowl Veteran QB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12