Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

With the 196th overall pick in the draft, the Rams select Keith Null, QB, WTAMU

Overview to follow soon.

Height: 6'4"
    Weight: 220
    College: West Texas AM
    Conference: Lone Star
    Hometown: Lampasas, TX
    High School: Lampasas

Analysis to follow soon.

Here's what I have found so far, since the overview isn't available, nor is the analysis. Be patient, I will find something.

General: After spending his first two seasons in a backup role, Null stepped into the spotlight and gave notice that he intends to be remembered as one of, if not THE top quarterback in WTAMU football history.

2007: In his first full season as the Buff's starting quarterback, Null showed that he was up to the task, leading WTAMU to an undefeated regular season. He started 11 contests and completed 356-of-528 passes for a WT and LSC single-season record 4,134 yards and 41 TDs (also WT and LSC single-season marks). His per-game average of 375.8 yards per contest was also both a WT and LSC single-season water mark. Plus, with one year yet to play, those numbers rank him among the top-10 among WT career leaders in both passing yardage (sixth) and total offense (seventh). Null opened the season by tossing for 349 yards and two TDs vs. South Dakota and followed with a 27-of-42 for 379 yards and six TD performance against Adams State. He registered three games of 400+ yards passing, with his season-best outing being a 498-yard performance against Washburn. In that contest, he connected on a season-long 79-yard scoring strike to B.J. Vickers. Null missed a pair of games (vs. Angelo State, vs. Central Oklahoma) due to injury, but returned to the lineup at Tarleton State, where he connected on 42-of 56 passes for 462 yards. He earned LSC Offensive Player of the Week honors for his exploits at Abilene Christian, completing 29-of-47 passes for 360 yards and four TDs.

2006: Null appeared in five games for the Buffs in relief of starter and current NFL standout Dalton Bell. In that role, he completed 10-of-16 passes for 154 yards and two touchdowns. In the season opener against Mesa State, he completed 4-of-6 passes for one TD and a season-high 90 yards. He also connected with Charly Martin for a 37-yard touchdown in the final moments of a victory at Texas A&M-Commerce.

2005: Null saw action in three games and made two starting appearances. He completed 42-of-68 passes for a 114.05 passing efficiency. His top performance came against Abilene Christian when he completed 33-of-54 for 336 yards and one TD, with his longest completion being for 42 yards.

2004: Redshirt season.

High School: Null was a first-team all-district, as well as an honorable mention all-CenTex selection in 2002. A standout two-sport athletics, he also lettered three years on the hardwood, earning all-district honors. Academically, he finished in the top five-percent of his class, earning academic all-district in both football as well as basketball.

Major: A Sports & Exercise Science major, Null was a 2007 first-team ESPN The Magazine/CoSIDA Academic all-District 6 selection as well as being named Lone Star Conference South Division Academic Player of the Year.
    BIOGRAPHY: Two-year starter awarded all-Conference honors since his junior campaign. Passing totals last season included 68.5%/5,097/48/15 after 67.4%/1,434/41/14 as a junior.

POSITIVES: Super-productive quarterback who lacks the arm strength to play at the next level. Sells ball fakes, looks off the safety, and knows where his receivers are on the on the field. Effectively leads the offense, shows great patience as well as poise in the pocket, and waits for receivers to come free. Throws with a fluid delivery and accurate in the short and intermediate field.

NEGATIVES: Does not consistently release the ball with proper footwork or throw tight spirals. Passes lacks zip, cannot drive deep throws, and the further downfield he throws the ball, more of an adventure he becomes. Does not show great pocket stature. Takes most of his snaps out of the shotgun, and he played in an offense that employed four receivers.

ANALYSIS: Null did a terrific job the two years he started at West Texas A&M, yet he lacks the physical skills to be anything other than a free-agent prospect and, at best, a practice squad player in the NFL.
    Last edited by Nick; -04-26-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: image added

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: With the 196th overall pick in the draft, the Rams select Kieth Null, QB, WTAMU

This is the only guy I didn't know anything about before hand. Can't really pass judgment on this one, but I will say I have really wanted Rashad Jennings for a couple rounds at this point maybe we can pick him up in the 7th

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: With the 196th overall pick in the draft, the Rams select Keith Null, QB, WTAMU

Refresh my memory...this was the school that put up that ridiculous score in the Division II or I-AA playoffs, right?

EDIT-yes and No. They scored 68...and lost. In Regulation. To Abilene Christian's 93.

Also Ryan Leaf was his QB coach.
    Last edited by PeoriaRam; -04-26-2009 at 05:08 PM.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Re: With the 196th overall pick in the draft, the Rams select Keith Null, QB, WTAMU

His pros say he is a really good drop back passer with good touch and the ability to go through his reads. He is in division 2 so the only con it says is that he doesn't face top competition and will need to learn how to deal with pressure. There obviously arent any good scouting reports on this guy but it seems like he should be good in 2-3 years when Bulger is gone. I'm guessing the FO was hoping Brandstater would fall.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Good luck finding a picture of this guy is all I can say.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Refresh my memory...this was the school that put up that ridiculous score in the Division II or I-AA playoffs, right?

EDIT-yes and No. They scored 68...and lost. In Regulation. To Abilene Christian's 93.

Also Ryan Leaf was his QB coach.

The Wildcats weren’t alone, however, in putting up gawdy offensive numbers. West Texas A&M racked up 68 points and 721 yards of offense on their own. Quarterback Keith Null – in his final game as a Buffalo – was phenomenal, throwing for 595 yards and seven touchdowns, both of which are NCAA playoff, LSC and WTAM single-game records.

Good stuff I like those numbers

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

wow... Never heard of him, sounds cool though.. I was kinda hoping that kid reily jaws has been going on about would fall to us.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Glad to have a young QB on the team, although i don't like the fact that Ryan Leaf was his QB coach

general counsel is offline Registered User

You sure cant say that we arent addressing needs. Developmental qb.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

from SI.com:

BIOGRAPHY: Two-year starter awarded all-Conference honors since his junior campaign. Passing totals last season included 68.5%/5,097/48/15 after 67.4%/1,434/41/14 as a junior.

POSITIVES: Super-productive quarterback who lacks the arm strength to play at the next level. Sells ball fakes, looks off the safety, and knows where his receivers are on the on the field. Effectively leads the offense, shows great patience as well as poise in the pocket, and waits for receivers to come free. Throws with a fluid delivery and accurate in the short and intermediate field.

NEGATIVES: Does not consistently release the ball with proper footwork or throw tight spirals. Passes lacks zip, cannot drive deep throws, and the further downfield he throws the ball, more of an adventure he becomes. Does not show great pocket stature. Takes most of his snaps out of the shotgun, and he played in an offense that employed four receivers.

ANALYSIS: Null did a terrific job the two years he started at West Texas A&M, yet he lacks the physical skills to be anything other than a free-agent prospect and, at best, a practice squad player in the NFL.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Jake, did you post this the same time I edited it into my post?
    Quote Originally Posted by evil disco man View Post
    from SI.com:

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    You sure cant say that we arent addressing needs. Developmental qb.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

GC, do you think he is worth a draft pick though? Most have him rated as a free agent.

Joe
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    GC, do you think he is worth a draft pick though? Most have him rated as a free agent.

Joe
    We are all obviously entitled to our opinion and since I know absolutely nothing about this particular player, I have none. I do however have faith in the new regime and apparently they felt as though he was worth a draft pick and just because "most" have him rated as a free agent does not mean that another team would not have snatched him up (Captain Obvious, I know). I, personally, am willing to trust our talent evaluators and I will wait to pass judgment until much later on.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolRamFan View Post
    We are all obviously entitled to our opinion and since I know absolutely nothing about this particular player, I have none. I do however have faith in the new regime and apparently they felt as though he was worth a draft pick and just because "most" have him rated as a free agent does not mean that another team would not have snatched him up (Captain Obvious, I know). I, personally, am willing to trust our talent evaluators and I will wait to pass judgment until much later on.
    Fair enough, but I was asking General Counsel's opinion.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I wonder if the Rams thought Brandstater would still be there. If so, they gambled and lost.

I know nothing about Null... can he fill the void at developmental QB?

(Well, someone had to say it!)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast