RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

1st game, even with the errors...

I know it's the tendency of us Rams fans to react strongly to our team, whether it be a win we are celebrating or loss we are dealing with. I'm that way, too.

We all wanted that magical "W" in the books today. In reality, most of us expected it. After all, 'Zona no longer has Anquan Boldin or Kurt Warner, and Beanie Wells wasn't playing today. We have a new QB, Steven Jackson, and an improved defense. It should have gone our way...

To be realistic, things DID look better for the Rams. Bradford wasn't as eaten up by nerves as he might have been. Chris Long is turning into a beast, and is looking like a respectable replacement for Little. Saffold could be a short-order cook the way he was serving up those pancakes. Laurainitis looks like he could turn into the Incredible Hulk when someone gives him a dirty look.

We all knew we shouldn't expect an instant turnaround, or a repeat of the '99 Rams. But we still couldn't help but hope for just that to happen - after the last 3 years, listening to the jeers, the lack of respect, the snide remarks, even one measly win would give us that feeling we all desire so much: The feeling that we are part of a winning team.

It was only the first game. Bradford didn't look as bad as he might have. Our WR's, drops and all, could have done worse. Our defense could have played like Linehan was still the HC. But they didn't. They all played with heart, with purpose. Even with five seconds left on the clock, they still tried.

I won't promise you a 12-4 season, or even a 10-6 season. I will promise you that we will get better as the season goes along. We will win some games. We will NOT have a 1-15 record - that I will promise you.

In the meantime, let's focus on the next game...the Rams go to the Black Hole. Wouldn't it be sweet if we could walk out of that sewer smelling like roses?

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: 1st game, even with the errors...

Oakland looked like they have serious issues in their run defense, I expect SJ39 to play better that game while Clayton should try running better routes and improvement in those hands seeing that the coverage will be against Asomugha. Hopefully we'll pull off a win against the Faiders, coming out of that stinky black hole, smelling like roses.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Oakland looked like they have serious issues in their run defense, I expect SJ39 to play better that game while Clayton should try running better routes and improvement in those hands seeing that the coverage will be against Asomugha. Hopefully we'll pull off a win against the Faiders, coming out of that stinky black hole, smelling like roses.
    Don't expect the Raiders to lay down for us in the Black Hole.
    They got too much Chris Johnson today. They are actually better than Arizona. The Rams missed out on the W today, they can't be so sure of the W next week, Don't count your Kegs before they're Tapped!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

the ryan fumble just stings me sooo badly right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!! we could all be celebrating a win right now if he could hold the ball for 1-2 more steps. . that was our game changing/winning play for us and we couldnt deliver
    Torry Holt Dont play that