Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    eric2810 is offline Registered User

Re: With the 1st pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Rams select Sam Bradford (QB, Oklaho

I love the pick. Sam Bradford, our QB of the future, the face of the franchise. He has the image and skills set of a player who has tons of potential. I'm glad he's a Ram, and I can't wait for him to represent the Rams on the football field.
    I agree with Fat Pang on this one.
    Bradford is a solid pick for the Rams from virtually any viewpoint. I fail to see why 31 other teams passing on Clausen should cause anyone to view the Bradford pick as anything other than solid and potentially much more than that.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: With the 1st pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Rams select Sam Bradford (QB, Oklaho

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Gresham was drafted by the Bengals, so Bradford will not have that option. Golden Tate, anyone?

The name Trung Canidate should strike draft fear in anyone over the age of 12.
    It's hard enough to break in rookie QBs without breaking in rookie wideouts as well.

Bradford lives and dies with what we have now this year.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Ough my god. Tim Tebow was picked in the first round. Its not a suprise to me though. I though he was something great when he beat Ohio State and then rubbed Bradfords face in it the next year. With Kyle Orton there to teach him pro football. He will be something special.

I just got back from the ville and spent $60.00 on 2 Bradford Jerseys. I have some leave comming up and want to see us smear a team good. I hear the she-hawks are going to be in ST. Louis Oct 3rd with the philliskins the week before, but any one have better ideas. I may trade jerseys fer tickets if the seats are 2nd row 50 yard line.

svh01 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    I hope to end any further mention of Bradford as the worst pick ever with a single name.

Trung Canidate.

Bradford is a solid pick for the Rams from virtually any viewpoint. I fail to see why 31 other teams passing on Clausen should cause anyone to view the Bradford pick as anything other than solid and potentially much more than that.

I'm probably more excited about what is to be done with #33; with a variety of options open to us, I think this will be the real story of the draft for us.
    Worst PICK not player. Besides Lawrence Phillips would rank higher on that list than Canidate. The reason I say that is because we could have had a more productive draft by drafting Suh and getting a good QB in the 2nd. With Clausen on the board we could have had maybe the most NFL ready QB and arguably the best one in the draft. We could have had 2 of the top talents on BOTH sides of the ball. Even if we would have taken Colt McCoy he perfectly suited for the WC offense we are going to run. Unless we trade for more impact players we are destined to lose for about another 3-4 years.

Keenum is offline Registered User

I love Bradford's talents, but I am still concerned about his health, especially if our O-line can't pick it up. I think the key to his career will be keeping that shoulder healthy.
    Here is to a great Day 2 tomorrow!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I say we break bank getting this guy some protection.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

I just watched a video posted By Suh. He said in the videa that it was his dream to be the fist pick over all by the St Louis Rams. In his video he shows tape of him and Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo and GM Billy Devaney talking. It's real haunting to hear him say it, and then for it not to happen.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Still don't really have the words to express my disappointment and not drafting Suh. Even though all the signs pointed to Bradford, I'm a lover of defense much more than offense, and the idea of landing Suh and then McCoy later has been what I wanted for a long time.

I guess it's time to get over that and support Bradford, which I will do. His leadership, character and poise in the pocket are outstanding and things you want in your QB. I just pray his shoulder is as good as he and the doc says it is.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    I say we break bank getting this guy some protection.
    A-Freakin'-Men!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Remember somethin, people, there were first halves of games where the Rams D held the opponent to 7 or less. The anemic offense left the D on the field and they would simply wear down. In fact, this has been a problem for several years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

svh01 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Remember somethin, people, there were first halves of games where the Rams D held the opponent to 7 or less. The anemic offense left the D on the field and they would simply wear down. In fact, this has been a problem for several years.

The other side of that coin as of now we have done nothing to prepare for Bradford. We have not acquired any offensive talent. I don't think a bunch of Rookie draft picks are going to improve the situation. That's why I'm frustrated with this organization. I can understand building through the draft, but can't we at least TRY to win in the interim? We could have had a Brandon Marshall, Santonio Holmes, etc. but we didn't even try. We could even try to get a Jamal Lewis, Willie Parker or someone to back Steven Jackson, but have not tried. To watch teams like Cleveland and Detroit make moves while we stand pat is killing me. I hate being negative, but I don't see much to be excited about.

bigredman is offline Registered User

While there will be pressure to get the number one draft pick on the field, I agree with most experts that Bradford needs at least a year on the bench learning from a veteran and coaches the NFL game and work him in half way through the second year. Unfortunately, the quality of the veteran QB's on our team are not exactly Aw inspiring that we should want for Bradford to model himself after.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tom_SF is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I would of prefered Clausen who could come in and play right away, but I'll back Bradford here. Let's hope we upgrade our offensive line to protect this guy and some receivers that can get open.
    Not that I'm disappointed with Bradford, but Jimmy Clausen won't be picked until the second round. They could have picked Suh and coasted to the second round for Clausen, who will be a steal for whomever gets him.

For now, I want to see good receivers picked, not to mention people who know how to protect the quarterback.

majorram is offline Registered User

A little disappointed with the pick, his health worries me, would of loved Suh and Colt in the second but heh that with hindsight, have to get behind Sam, but please DON'T rush him in..

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Guys, there is a reason that Clausen and Colt fell to the second round, while i guarantee Bradford would not have gotten past 4 let alone 7.

Would it have been nice to get Suh and Clausen, sure. But hindsite is 20/20 and could anyone predict that Clausen would fall out of the first, not to mention the implications of picking Suh on this draft.

I believe and trust in Bradford until he gives me a legitimate reason not to, and all real fans of the Rams will feel the same way, otherwise its unfounded bias.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast