Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaRam Guest

Re: With the 1st pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Rams select Sam Bradford (QB, Oklaho

I know that almost everyone here on this board will disagree with me, but I still think we should have traded for Michael Vick, and then drafted Suh, and then taken Colt or Clausen later in the draft. My reasons are this:

1. I like QB's that can run, even if Vick only has 2-3 years left of his speed, it would have been good for the Rams to have a QB that could run at times when our O-line falls apart, or when our young recievers run poor routes. His running is a game changer. Also, people underestimate his arm - he can still go long. I don't think a rookie QB can handle all the problems the Rams offense currently has. Also, I would have liked to see some excitement that Vick can bring to a game. It's been a LONG time since I've been excited to watch the Rams.
    2. I think Suh is a game changer. They type of player that only comes around every few years or so, and it will be hard to find someone else like him for years.
    3. gonna' throw this in here, but I would have liked to have traded for Brandon Marshall as well. He's better than any reciever we have.

I've been a Rams fan since the 79-80 super bowl. It's not easy to be a Rams fan where I live. Taking into consideration that the ownership sucks, and that they continuously make poor draft and trade decisions, I don't know how much longer I can take it. Sorry guys, I'm just dissapointed right now.

ethanramsyo Guest

Re: With the 1st pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Rams select Sam Bradford (QB, Oklaho

i kinda wish we went with the best OT in the draft with the first pick because there was still colt mccoy and jimmy clausen out there for our 2nd round pick. we would have a stronger line and a franchise quarterback with more protection

svh01 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    I believe and trust in Bradford until he gives me a legitimate reason not to, and all real fans of the Rams will feel the same way, otherwise its unfounded bias.
    It's not an inditement of Bradford per se, but more the fact that we have so many other needs and we had a chance to getting 2 potential franchise players instead banking our whole future on 1 player. Most of us (or so it appears) feel that there was less separation between the QB's so we could have gotten a good one later in the draft. If Bradford was the best player in the draft it would be different. No one thinks he was the top player. Most think he was maybe 4th or 5th at best.

The other issue for long time fans (been a fan since '76) have seen us make MULTIPLE bad moves in the draft and NEVER go after any big ticket player and dump prime players because we are too cheap to pay them (Eric Dickerson anyone?). The exception to the rule was the Faulk trade. It hasn't been a mystery for awhile that they were taking Bradford. So instead of getting talent for him to work with, we did nothing. Instead of signing him BEFORE the draft (or least trying) we did nothing which increases his chances of holding out. Seriously is it smart to give the player ALL of the power in negotiations? Play Bradford, Suh, Clausen, McCoy against each other to get the best deal. REAL FANS are getting tired of the "same ole Rams".

Sorry about the long post and not trying argue, just frustrated with the direction or lack thereof that the team is going.

GameTime Guest

I met Kurt Warner today and asked what he thought of Bradford. He said he was a great pick and has the tools to be a champion. I also got to rub the 1999 Lombardi trophy for good luck!

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

Quote Originally Posted by svh01 View Post
    It's not an inditement of Bradford per se, but more the fact that we have so many other needs and we had a chance to getting 2 potential franchise players instead banking our whole future on 1 player. Most of us (or so it appears) feel that there was less separation between the QB's so we could have gotten a good one later in the draft. If Bradford was the best player in the draft it would be different. No one thinks he was the top player. Most think he was maybe 4th or 5th at best.

The other issue for long time fans (been a fan since '76) have seen us make MULTIPLE bad moves in the draft and NEVER go after any big ticket player and dump prime players because we are too cheap to pay them (Eric Dickerson anyone?). The exception to the rule was the Faulk trade. It hasn't been a mystery for awhile that they were taking Bradford. So instead of getting talent for him to work with, we did nothing. Instead of signing him BEFORE the draft (or least trying) we did nothing which increases his chances of holding out. Seriously is it smart to give the player ALL of the power in negotiations? Play Bradford, Suh, Clausen, McCoy against each other to get the best deal. REAL FANS are getting tired of the "same ole Rams".

Sorry about the long post and not trying argue, just frustrated with the direction or lack thereof that the team is going.
    I guess when you say "MOst of us" you mean clueless fans? Most (all.." NFL teams clearly saw a huge gap between Bradford and Clausen as teams were willing to trade up for Bradford while others passed on Clausen not once, but twice..

I don't care how Mel Kiper rates prospects. His top 50 tight end Dorin Dickerson didn't get drafted until the seventh round...His highly rated Griffen didn't get drafted until the fifth round. A hughe number of his top 100 didn't get drafted at all.

Bradford was the top guy on the RAMS board and that's the only board they or I care about.

FA this year saw multiple 30 year old guys that got signed and overpaid with ridiculous contracts. The Rams is doing an ownership change with a limited budget and very limited money for crazy signing bonuses for short term players. Who cares if they are "big ticket"?

We didn't sign Bradford pre-draft because we were holding out for that great trade offer during drat day. it didn't come so we drafted Bradford. Demoff and Condon have a great working relationship and have been working on post draft contract templates already. they are supposed to open contract neogtiations tomorrow. Bradford is not holding out and has virtually said so himself. Just stop with that already.

What previous Ram regimes did concerns noone and shouldn't concern you, entirely new team with a new direction. Get over the past. I have no clue how you get the sense that this is the same old RAms. We have an entirely new offensive and defensive identity and the fact we drafted Bradford is unprecedented as we haven't drafted a QB in the first round since the 60's. Care to explain how we are the same?

This team has a clear direction and approach for the first time since god knows how long. I can't believe you don't see it.

Springfield Rams Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BamaRam View Post
    I know that almost everyone here on this board will disagree with me, but I still think we should have traded for Michael Vick, and then drafted Suh, and then taken Colt or Clausen later in the draft. My reasons are this:

1. I like QB's that can run, even if Vick only has 2-3 years left of his speed, it would have been good for the Rams to have a QB that could run at times when our O-line falls apart, or when our young recievers run poor routes. His running is a game changer. Also, people underestimate his arm - he can still go long. I don't think a rookie QB can handle all the problems the Rams offense currently has. Also, I would have liked to see some excitement that Vick can bring to a game. It's been a LONG time since I've been excited to watch the Rams.
    2. I think Suh is a game changer. They type of player that only comes around every few years or so, and it will be hard to find someone else like him for years.
    3. gonna' throw this in here, but I would have liked to have traded for Brandon Marshall as well. He's better than any reciever we have.

I've been a Rams fan since the 79-80 super bowl. It's not easy to be a Rams fan where I live. Taking into consideration that the ownership sucks, and that they continuously make poor draft and trade decisions, I don't know how much longer I can take it. Sorry guys, I'm just dissapointed right now.

I would have rather seen Campbell in here than Bradford, the Raiders got him for a 4th round pick in 2012.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I'm wondering why people feel the Suh/McCoy scenario would have landed us two potential franchise players, but the Bradford/Saffold scenario will not?

I think we grabbed an excellent combination of players.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Totally satisfied now that we have SB wearing the uniform of the STL Rams.

Two days ago, D-day, I still had a slight edge in preferring Suh, but I was also well aware that SB would be the most likely pick by the Rams.

I support this rookie QB 100% and I really believe -- presently -- that he will make a difference in helping the team not only improve but in being a part that restores the Rams. May Feeley and the Rams coaches do well in introducing SB to the NFL.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I met Kurt Warner today and asked what he thought of Bradford. He said he was a great pick and has the tools to be a champion. I also got to rub the 1999 Lombardi trophy for good luck!
    Pics or didn't happen.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Totally satisfied now that we have SB wearing the uniform of the STL Rams.

Two days ago, D-day, I still had a slight edge in preferring Suh, but I was also well aware that SB would be the most likely pick by the Rams.

I support this rookie QB 100% and I really believe -- presently -- that he will make a difference in helping the team not only improve but in being a part that restores the Rams. May Feeley and the Rams coaches do well in introducing SB to the NFL.
    Agree with ya 100% RR, whether you agree with the pick or not, Sam Bradford is now a St. Louis Ram, we should all support Sam in everything he does to return the Rams to prominence. Sure it won't always be sunshine and roses, but Sam is our man, the least we can do is support him.

We all have to remember that Mr. Bradford can not single handedly turn this franchise around. There will be some growing pains. He will make the wrong reads. He will throw some interceptions. He might lose us some games. And God forbid it, but he might even get hurt. Through all these tough times, we all have to remember, whether we wanted Suh, Clausen, McCoy, or Tebow(?) that Sam Bradford is our man, through good times and bad, we need to support him!

(Was that a little too preachy? Hey it was my 800th post, let a man preach a little )

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234