Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: #2 pick it is

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: #2 pick it is

Take Blackmon no matter what.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Just to point out a positive as well, we will pick first in round 2!! #2 and #33!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Ideally, you try to trade down for more picks. Of course, fans of teams with top five picks say that every year, so it's easier said than done.

At this point, if the Rams can't trade down, I'd flip a coin between Kalil and Blackmon. I think either would help this team immensely.

LARAM is offline Registered User

If I'm not mistaken, the Free Agent pool of wide recievers is pretty good this (D. Bowe, D. Jackson, V. Jackson).....Why blow 30 mil on an unproven WR (Blackmon). When we could sign a proven player. Also how is Blackmons character? Anyone know?.

My opnion. Morris Claiborne looks like a Patrick Peterson clone. This guy is the real deal, and will solidify an already decimated Secondary. Ya we had injuries this year.....but good lord we stunk back there.....Mikell was great, but he cant play all four postions back there.

Just me...if I'm gonna take a 30 mil chance on a player, I would do it on Claiborne not Blackmon....WR's are a dime a dozen.......Claibornes looks to be special.......Check out his highlights on youtube.....This dude is solid, and I'm sure were gonna be hearing alot more about him as the draft approachs. The guy is a game changer

or trade down.
    Harry S. Truman likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Blackmon or gtfo.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Blackmon has good work ethic and good guy from what ive read. Claaiborne isnt a returner is he? I dont watch much college but i always see that guy the honeybadger returning punts for lsu. And the reason we may have to draft a reciever is becuase draftees dont have a choice in where they land and fa's do

Rambos is offline Registered User

I'm still going with Kalil....

Harry S. Truman is offline Registered User

LA Ram, excellent post and great breakdown. Very well thought out young man.

My issue is this.. Of those names you mentioned, how many do you feel won't be franchise tagged?

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

We have a lot of choices here. I'd definitely think about dropping back with the Dolphins for a pick or so and Jake Long.

Claiborne brought back a 99 yard KO for TD....I think it was against WV. Honey badger is primary returner, I think Claiborne was the #2 returner.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Am i the only one not sold on Kalil?

He's a one year starter and every USC game i've watched i've never seen him really dominate anyone like you would expect. He just doesn't play with that fire O-line guys do. He just seems kind of soft.

Sosa, I'd leap for joy to get Long but I doubt Miami trades him.

You do bring up some valid ideas though. To me, the Rams' three best trade options are Cleveland at 4, Washington at 6 and Miami at 9. Ideally, Cleveland looks the most enticing with two first rounders this year, a move all depends however on how highly they value RGIII and how confident they are that Minnesota isn't going to trade down. Granted, a lot can happen, Griffin could have an atrocious combine, etc. However, at this stage, I'm getting these three on the pipes. If Cleveland coughs both firsts, I bite, take Claiborne or Blackmon at 4 and the best available offensive lineman with Atlanta'a pick... Or, if some how Kalil falls past 3, I draft him at 4 and Kendall Wright or Michael Floyd with Atlanta's pick.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post
    My opnion. Morris Claiborne looks like a Patrick Peterson clone.
    And yet Peterson only went fifth overall. In fact, the last time a cornerback was taken with a Top Three pick was Shawn Springs in 1997.

Claiborne may be a great prospect, and he'd probably be #3 on my board for the Rams at this point in the draft, but I don't think NFL teams value the position enough to spend such a high pick on it.

I could certainly be wrong, though. The injury red flags to Bartell and Fletcher as well as the lack of depth at the position certainly makes CB an area to examine at some point this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    Am i the only one not sold on Kalil?

He's a one year starter and every USC game i've watched i've never seen him really dominate anyone like you would expect. He just doesn't play with that fire O-line guys do. He just seems kind of soft.
    He started last year too bud. Only allowed 3 sacks in two years as a starter, none this year. I'm completely sold on him.
    lostsoul likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry S. Truman View Post
    LA Ram, excellent post and great breakdown. Very well thought out young man.

My issue is this.. Of those names you mentioned, how many do you feel won't be franchise tagged?
    Well lets take V. Jackson for example.....I may be wrong, but isn't he already franchised this year. So does that mean SD would have to give him the big contract this year..... If so time will tell if they offer to give him the big bucks. If not he's available to the highest bidder. With all the talk of cleaning house down there, anything is possible at this point.

Desean Jackson...well I don't see Philly going big with him.....But he's a whole other animal.....

Dwayne Bowe....Probably will be resigned by KC......but if new coaches are brought in they might go another direction...probably not though

Not sure about other free agent WR'S. I think there is a list going around here somewhere. But from what I remember there are some other pretty decent WR's that will be available.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast