AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

20 (Nearly) Year-End Random Thoughts

1. The Rams are sprinting for the finish line, with their best defensive and offensive games in consecutive weeks. If they beat Minnesota, look for them to be on a lot of "experts" lists of "teams on the rise" for 2007.

2. With one week to go, Steven Jackson is virtually certain to exceed 1,400 - a feat Marshall Faulk never accomplished. Now, before anyone thinks I'm saying Jackson is better than Faulk, let me clarify. Faulk never had as many carries as Jackson has had this season, so its not that Jackson is better. He is, however, more of a "workhorse" back than Faulk ever was.

3. Word is that Torry Holt's knee is sore again, much as it was at the end of last year. Sounds like he may need his 10,000 yard tune-up (i.e. offseason arthroscopic procedure).

4. I think Tye Hill is on his way to being a very good starting CB.

5. Alex Barron is way too talented to scrap due to problems that can be corrected.

6. Speaking of OTs, let's hope Orlando Pace's offseason rehab results in him coming into camp at weight and in shape next year.

7. Steven Jackson is the only Mike Martz draft choice to be selected to the Pro Bowl.

8. Why must Shaun McDonald tease us with returns like the one he had last week, only to disappoint in the long run (or, pardon the pun, lack thereof)?

9. That finishing strong thing... also good for attracting free agents.

10. Has Ron Bartell turned the corner and become a consistent contributer? Hope so.

11. What would Jimmy Kennedy bring in a trade? Not sure.

12. If you're the Rams' GM, which agent do you call first in offseason: Bulger's, Curtis', Jackson's? (I'm going with Marc's)

13. I really hate the Dallas Cowboys.

14. Was that Jon Alston I saw on Special Teams last week? 'Bout time.

15. Victor Adeyanju's willingness to play hurt shows why character counts.

16. Worst idea ever: Mike Martz for Head Coach at Alabama. No, nobody is saying it will happen. But can you just imagine the Mad Scientist trying to relate to the Bama faithful? Could be a pretty good comedy. Maybe get Will Ferrell to play Martz.

17. Already thinking about which Rams jersey to buy for '07 (I have Holt, Bruce, A.Williams and Youngblood). Frontrunners: Bulger, Jackson and Hill.

18. The NFC West should be interesting next year. Any of the four teams could rise to the top.

19. I'm an O.J. Atogwe fan. Not sure how big this club is, but we're looking for members.

20. Let's go beat the Vikings!

Wolf is offline Registered User

Re: 20 (Nearly) Year-End Random Thoughts

Valid points.

I did some calculations and at this point we could aquire a package of Ramen Noodles for Jimmy Kennedy.

=)

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    1. The Rams are sprinting for the finish line, with their best defensive and offensive games in consecutive weeks. If they beat Minnesota, look for them to be on a lot of "experts" lists of "teams on the rise" for 2007.

18. The NFC West should be interesting next year. Any of the four teams could rise to the top.
    The NFC west should be interesting next year. Any of the ff ff*cough cough* three teams could rise to the top. TARDS? NOT!

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

I have some observations of my own.
    1. Fakhir Brown-To me has been our second best free agent acquisition. If he doesn't get injured then we probably have a couple more wins.
    2. Travis Fischer-If he got injured earlier we might have a couple more wins.
    3. We still need a physical dt and mlb. This is going on 5 or 6 years now.
    4. Victor may have played injured but he is not the answer at de. I would love for us to acquire Justin Smith. We would have a very solid rotation.
    5. Pisa- Does this guy ever catch a break. Who breaks both hands in the same season.
    6. Glover and Chavous- Glover, we should of kept Pickett and Chavous, well thank god we didn't resign Archuleta.

thoey is offline Registered User

I agree. Imagine if the Cards upgrade their line a bit. RB's in the NFC West:

Jackson
    Alexander
    Gore
    Edge

Three of the four QB's could be pro bowl caliber (still unsure about the kid in SF).

WR's? Quite a nice selection between StL, AZ and SEA.

DEF's? SF and SEA are probably better than the other two, but a couple FA players could change that drastically.

I think it will all come down to the OL and the DEF's.
    This space for rent...

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

This team will be better next year, i dont care what people say

anyone questioning whether we should have laid down and died for a decent draft pick?

By playing hard we have started to see vast improvements in Bartell and Atogwe, and the OL is doing well. By getting the playing time it seems as though we have improved players to the point where drafting that particular position is a luxury

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

16. Worst idea ever: Mike Martz for Head Coach at Alabama. No, nobody is saying it will happen. But can you just imagine the Mad Scientist trying to relate to the Bama faithful? Could be a pretty good comedy. Maybe get Will Ferrell to play Martz.
    LOL

"Ya all just go down to the third tree and turn around, Cooter will sling U the ball."

19. I'm an O.J. Atogwe fan. Not sure how big this club is, but we're looking for members.
    I'm sold, we just need to strengthen the SS spot; (Alston?)

15. Victor Adeyanju's willingness to play hurt shows why character counts.
    I hope he emerges next year as an impact player; we still need to bolster the position though.

5. Alex Barron is way too talented to scrap due to problems that can be corrected.
    The team needs to bring in a solid backup OT during the off season,nothing like looking over your
    shoulder for motivation.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

I think we already have a solid backup OT. Steussie has played pretty well since Paces' injury. I think he is a free agent after this year and we definetly need to sign him. Alex has been some what dissapointing to me. I think I had to high of expectations for him. The fact that we spent a #1 on him had me believing he would be the next Orlando. Although inconsistent he has had his bright spots and I think he will be a very solid player. Next Orlando no but there are very few tackles on his level.