AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

20 Post Game Thoughts

1. I'll take it.

2. A good, hard fought game, by both teams in what obviously were tough conditions.

3. Troubling that the Rams didn't get that one score in the 4th to put it away.

4. Also troubling that Jackson didn't get the ball a few more times in the fourth.

5. Three Red Zone Sacks (Bear, Grease and Arch) were HUGE!!!

6. Too soft on the last drive. I hate the prevent defense.

7. Warner was game, and almost was the hero. He's still a good NFL QB, but the old magic just isn't there anymore.

8. Battered CB corps fought well against tough match-ups in Fitzgerald and Boldin.

9. Whatever is going on in the front office, the players are willing to play for Martz. How many players left injured and sick and came back?

10. Man, I'm glad the Rams finally get to play at home next week. Bet they are too.

11. The DTs are starting to play like first rounders are supposed to.

12. Leonard Little is back to his 2003 form.

13. Man, the Cards sure self-destructed with penalties in the 4th Quarter.

14. Reggie Hodges - you are our punter. Great job, young man.

15. The return units - still need work (though they didn't get too many chances). Coverage units did a nice job today.

16. I laughed out loud when the Rams had three blocks in the back on one kick return.

17. Sapaia did a decent job.

18. The Rams would be lost without Pace.

19. NFC West: Rams, Seahawks and Whiners 1-1; Cards 0-2.

20. The head coach named Mike who is in trouble is in Minnesota, not St. Louis.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: 20 Post Game Thoughts

Great list, Av.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ramavenger Guest

I thought I would come to the board and hear negativity But none so far. Great post Avenger!

I apologize for picking cards to win:sad: Please forgive me.

I almost feel sorry for Warner.

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

Secondary still scares me though. BTW, nice day for Groce!

This made my week

As always....

GO RAMS!!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Excellent list AV

WAY TO GO RAMS !

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    5. Three Red Zone Sacks (Bear, Grease and Arch) were HUGE!!!

11. The DTs are starting to play like first rounders are supposed to.

12. Leonard Little is back to his 2003 form.
    I agree the DL looked great I heard all the DL's names called today. Except when I heard Hargroves it was for a fight I think at this point he has been over hyped.

10. Man, I'm glad the Rams finally get to play at home next week. Bet they are too.
    Me to they tied their road win total from last year at 1. Now its time to get home work some things out and find their identity of who they are and how they are going to play this year.

16. I laughed out loud when the Rams had three blocks in the back on one kick return.
    Me to its like a circus out there that return unit just is not getting it.

17. Sapaia did a decent job.
    I agree he played solid.

20. The head coach named Mike who is in trouble is in Minnesota, not St. Louis.
    Our Mike may have been in a little hot water also if it were not for the penalty at the end of the game.

maineram Guest

Good post AV. Here's a few more;

When Big O is out, we are in trouble

Groce is becoming a nice addition to our defense

I'm not sold on Hawthorne as our FS

Where was the pressure on the last couple of drives ( I know 4th quarter 100 degrees) we need to put teams away defensively) overall D-line was money all game

Passing game was off today

Good thing that the Cards O-line self destructed late

Run Mr. Jackson..run Mr. Jackson...run Mr. Jackson

Maineram -

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

The announcers were praising Martz quite a bit for his play calling.

I thought Martz looked subdued today. He seemed to be missing his spark.

Special teams improved.

The Arizona secondary was hitting our receivers hard.

I thought we played too much zone defense. I guess it is a conservative way to play, but their receivers were able to catch balls in the middle all day long.

The score was too close for me.

The Rams were more disciplined than the Cardnals. Disciplined teams win games.

Man those ***** looked really bad today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sbramfan Guest

The Arizona secondary was hitting our receivers hard.
    OK, I know this was the case on one throw, and since our receivers were getting popped last week also, and caughing up the ball, I'm starting to wonder:

Is Bulger not getting the receivers the ball quick enough. It seems he is getting them the ball right as they are getting hit, and I would have to assume the play's aren't designed to deliver at the point of contact, rather before.

Or is it just coincidence that the last 2 weeks defenses have popped more balls out of our receivers hands than I've ever seen?????

I really don't know.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    OK, I know this was the case on one throw, and since our receivers were getting popped last week also, and caughing up the ball, I'm starting to wonder:.....

Or is it just coincidence that the last 2 weeks defenses have popped more balls out of our receivers hands than I've ever seen?????
    I would assume that the defensive coaches have seen that bit hits on the receivers can cause them to lose the ball and it can shake their confidence.

I would probably counter with more sideline throws and more short screens until this thought process passes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Here's a few more:

1. Emotion is important in pro football, but college type emotion can be a killer in the pros and there is a reason. Look back last week, Miami and SF both won at home, Miami pretty big. Both teams were sky high on what seemed like college emotion and both came out flat this week. SF real flat. College emotion is ok when a team like Texas takes on Ohio St one week then Rice the next because of the talent level. Texas could line up their third string and beat Rice's first, but in the NFL the talent level is so even because of the salary cap that emotion has to be controlled. Not saying don't be emotional, just control it.

2. The Rams offense is still getting used to the running game. The tempo of a running game is completely different from the GSOT days and I think the Rams WR's are still adjusting to it. They are used to bang bang bang plays, not RB right, RB left, pass. Don't think that the different tempo hasn't affected the passing game. However, the WR's are getting used to it. They looked more in tune this week. Not great, but getting better.

3. The D Line is playing lights out. Arizona's O Line got several penalties called against it trying to contain DLew. The run D is getting after it, with Pickett stuffing the holes and that hit Coakley had on Shipp in the 2nd QTR was a monster. Jimmy Kennedy is starting to really come on strong, he had a fantastic game.

4. Just like Claiborne said, defense is won with the front seven. If the D line and the LB's don't do their job, any secondary is going to get picked apart.

5. The Rams started this season with two road games and are 1-1 and this is a big stat due to the fact the Rams avenged a blow out road loss at Arizona from last year. Zona is 0-2 with Seattle next week. They go 0-3 after next week and all those pundits that picked them to win the division will have to turn in their prediction cards.