throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

20 Post Titan Game Thoughts

1. That was a weird game.

2. The score does not even remotely tell the story.

3. I haven't seen the replay yet (was listening on the radio), but if the lateral/fumble was as bad a call as Savard and Snow indicated, then the Refs really are to blame for this being a close game rather than a comfortable win.

4. Welcome to the NFL Alex Barron! Jim Hanifan said that he played extremely well, and he should know.

5. I think we can safely assume that Barron has beaten out Sapaia, who was horrible today.

6. Jackson, accused by some people of being soft, showed toughness getting back into the game.

7. Jackson and Faulk combined for 98 yards rushing on 18 carries. Not bad.

8. While the Rams had only two sacks, it seemed that they had something they have previously lacked - consistent pressure.

9. Run defense held up nicely, limiting Titans to 3.6 yards per carry.

10. Torry Holt continues to show why he's a top 5 WR.

11. Hope Ike's toe (turf toe) is okay.

12. Curtis filled in nicely.

13. Dane Looker had a couple of key plays.

14. How about how the safeties got the Rams back into the game after a putrid start? Arch and Hawthorne combine for three takeaways and a TD.

15. Unofficially, the Rams leading tacklers - Claiborne and Coakley (as it should be).

16. DeJuan Groce continues to show he is a worthy starting CB.

17. Chris Johnson is a contributer at CB. Guess that trade might not have been such a bad idea.

18. When the Titans started that last drive, who wasn't thinking that it would end on the Rams' one yard line?

19. Marc Bulger took some hits and really played a good game.

20. 2-1 start... I'll take it!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: 20 Post Titan Game Thoughts

No. 3 on the list is crucial. I too listened to the game and all ("audio") indications seemed to point that the Ref. HAD to overturn that call!

Official's error.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

It was REALLY close. Not sure there was enough to prove either it was or wasn't. It looked like a tie to me and in that case should go to the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    No. 3 on the list is crucial. I too listened to the game and all ("audio") indications seemed to point that the Ref. HAD to overturn that call!

Official's error.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I was not pleased with the officials. They were making odd calls and messing with the outcome of the game. I can't believe they called nothing when Bulger got hit in the neck and then the call a 15 yard penalty on #60 giving a little tiny shove to knock a big ol' defensive guy over.

This game was bizzare. Lots of turnovers. Lots of penalties.

Good going Arch...we needed that interception. :up:

Barron had a nice play recovering that fumble late in the game. Good to see him playing. :up:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Three hours before kickoff I posted my reservations about the game. In our family picks, my father-in-law had the Rams by 61/2. I didn't take it. I picked 24-20 in the board here. I knew it would be close, i knew we would win....but I also said it would be a turning point. whether or not the Rams use it as such is up to them.
    It was nice to see that Faulk could still do what I thought he could. As I am so fond of saying to Tawn, old men can still get it done.
    I do wish that the defense did not have to fire up our offense. Our O should have been ready to go from the kickoff.
    Very tight game, like I thought, but still a good win.

No. 6: Jackson is tough alright. :angryram:

I hope the Rams trainers work on his ribs all week and help keep the Train on track!

Our O should have been ready to go from the kickoff. --RFSam
    True...

We need to get that BIG OFFESNSE going earlier and produce points! :football:

RamWraith is offline Registered User

This was my favorite! How about a big cheer for the newest starter in the NFL!!

How about the fumble recovery!!

4. Welcome to the NFL Alex Barron! Jim Hanifan said that he played extremely well, and he should know.

Yes, from the radio braodcast, you could tell that Coach Hannifan was keeping a highly knowledgeable and experiened eye on the young Barron. The big rookie did well.

No. 70 made a very good impression on his 'first game / first time' debut. Now let's keep it up in that OL.

I was at the game and the refs blew that call big time and everyone of the crowd knew it.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

3. I haven't seen the replay yet (was listening on the radio), but if the lateral/fumble was as bad a call as Savard and Snow indicated, then the Refs really are to blame for this being a close game rather than a comfortable win.
    It was extremely close. Bulger released it on the 30 and it landed on the 30. Bulger's motion made it look like an obvious forward pass, but it would have been a matter of inches if any at all. Tough call, and probably too tough for a fan to make objectively. I'm just glad it didn't matter.
    This doesn't tell the half of it. The kid was outstanding on both pass blocking AND run blocking. He should be starting next Sunday.
    9. Run defense held up nicely, limiting Titans to 3.6 yards per carry.
    In the first half, I thought someone had rolled back the calendar because it looked like our 2004 run D. The line was sucking up blockers, but the backers were filling all the wrong gaps...I was thinking the Atlanta playoff game all over again. However, the LBs finally got it together and slowed down Brown.
    17. Chris Johnson is a contributer at CB. Guess that trade might not have been such a bad idea.
    Not to metion forcing the fumble that Hawthorne recovered.
    19. Marc Bulger took some hits and really played a good game.
    I just wish he would protect the ball a little better.
    20. 2-1 start... I'll take it!
    As will I.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

as soon as Barron came into the game, the revolving door to Bulger shut .... firmly.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Bulger played okay 21/28 (Good) for 292 yards 3TDs (Great) 3 Fumbles, 3 Sacks, and 1 INT. I would still like to see him throw the ball away I cant remember the last time he did this year it may help the sacks and fumbles. Granted the OL is a big part of that and Barron looks like a player that can help he was all the way down the field when Jackson made the tackle to save the TD and then he recovered the fumble. Its great to see the big guy plays with motivation. I guess this was not the week AV that Bulger puts the other team away.

Curtis did a nice job in place of Bruce.

Good day for the DBs especially Arch, Hawthorne, and Groce.

Faulk was averaging 8 yards a carry for 50 yards and 3 catches for 31 he looked good.
    Jackson only had 11 carries for 29 yards if you take out the 19-yard run that Sapaia blocked for him. I understand the guy was banged up but he will have better performances then today.

Next game is the Giants on the road. That will be tough. I was hoping for a little better game going into that one. But we did find out about Barron and his progress.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-25-2005 at 05:25 PM.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    I guess this was not the week AV that Bulger puts the other team away.
    Well, again, I didn't see the lateral/fumble, but if it was a blown call as many have asserted, you could argue that Bulger was well on his way to putting the Titans away when that occurred (also, one of his three "fumbles" was that play, so that stat is a bit misleading).

STLRAMSFAN Guest

There is a new one for you lets blame the refs not the team this time. Every stat that does not agree with your point of view seems to be misleading.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-25-2005 at 05:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast