Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: 20 Post Titan Game Thoughts

The Rams were up by seven, and if the play is called an incomplete pass, they have 2nd and 10 in the Red Zone. The Refs got two looks at the play, and seemed to have blown it. Heck, while the play was being reviewed, the Titans had their defense on the field - even they thought it was going to be overturned!

I give Bulger an "A" this week.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    The Rams were up by seven, and if the play is called an incomplete pass, they have 2nd and 10 in the Red Zone. The Refs got two looks at the play, and seemed to have blown it. Heck, while the play was being reviewed, the Titans had their defense on the field - even they thought it was going to be overturned!

I give Bulger an "A" this week.
    I will give him a B+ to many turnovers and the play was almost as much Jackson as it was Bulger. I agree with RamWraith it was to close to overturn. However could of, would of, should of, does not count as putting a team away.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-25-2005 at 05:50 PM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Guys, i think the ref got the call right. I watched the replay ten times. i thought they blew it the first time i saw it, but on replay, i think that they got it right. i am going to post a separate thread on this.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

sbramfan is offline Registered User

The lateral play was close, but during the review I realized they probably couldn't overturn it.

The problem is that Bulger was going backwards when he threw the ball forward so it's one of those relative things....technically it started out on the 30 yard line, and landed on the ground just a hair before that, so it was the correct call.

But visually does not look like a lateral at all. Jackson should have covered it up just in case though.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

It was extremely close. Bulger released it on the 30 and it landed on the 30. Bulger's motion made it look like an obvious forward pass, but it would have been a matter of inches if any at all. Tough call, and probably too tough for a fan to make objectively. I'm just glad it didn't matter.
    I've seen teams that run the wus coast O throw incomplete on those passes regularly and it never gets called.
    The refs were trying to make it interesting.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

ReedleyRam is offline Registered User

I just hope that our hurt guys get back soon and that the rest of the team picks the tempo up for next week. Go Rams!

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Thanks Av for your insight. I appreciate your summary.
    I got a question on my other post answered here: Barron played very well. I'm so glad to hear that.

I'm starting to be more optimistic. :-)

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Well, again, I didn't see the lateral/fumble, but if it was a blown call as many have asserted, you could argue that Bulger was well on his way to putting the Titans away when that occurred (also, one of his three "fumbles" was that play, so that stat is a bit misleading).
    And you can thank Blaine "who?" for completely whiffing his block for the fumble-TD.

Agreed - the defense was getting consistent pressure, and most of the time it was without blitzing! The front four [front seven with Tyoka, Green, and Lewis] will be fun to watch this season. Leonard Little is playing possessed. Some of the smashing hits he put on McNair had a big impact on the game.

DeJuan Groce has been solid and probably cemented his spot on this team for a few years to come. Why don't they finally commit to him on punt returns?

Alex Barron is here to stay. AB vs. Michael Strahan will be a must-watch matchup next week. Glad to see Martz wasn't afraid to pull the trigger early on him, as predicted.

Torry Holt put some classic fluid hip-turning moves on the DBs, Pac Man in particular. I want Ike back as soon as possible, but I bet a lot of Fantasy Football owners are rooting hard for Kevin Curtis.

I don't believe Hawthorne came back into the game. If he's out next week, who do we want starting at safety? Furrey, seriously?
    Last edited by evil disco man; -09-25-2005 at 07:29 PM.

ReedleyRam is offline Registered User

Any word on our injured guys? How bad are they?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Furrey, seriously?
    I can't say it wouldn't make me nervous, because it would.....just as with any rookie starting safety (which Furrey really is). However, if he hits receivers consistently like he hit Henry yesterday....nobody will be coming across the middle without wincing. That shot to Henry was spleen-splitting.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

That shot to Henry was spleen-splitting
    On a side note.
    Travis Henry - Suspended for four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
    :tut
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Rambos is offline Registered User

as soon as Barron came into the game, the revolving door to Bulger shut .... firmly.
    That sums it up, looks the draft picks are starting to pay off.

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    That sums it up, looks the draft picks are starting to pay off.
    Woah boy.. While I too was impressed with what I saw, let's give him a full game or two. He's young, and I sure he will make some mistakes, but I was impressed how he didn't get overwelmed.
    This space for rent...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12