AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

20 Random Free Agency/Pre-Draft Thoughts

1. If the Rams don't land another FA, they should strongly consider using some of the cap space to sign Pisa Tinoisamoa to a long-term deal now, before he becomes a highly sought-after FA in 2007.

2. If Pickett leaves, the Rams will need another quality DT on the roster, but I don't think they need to consider using another first round pick to get one. Veterans like Sam Adam or Grady Jackson could work, or the Rams could take a DT in 3rd-4th round. Either way, they'll be relying heavily on Jimmy Kennedy's development.

3. I'm starting to doubt more and more that Michael Huff will be there when the Rams pick at No. 11.

4. I really see the Rams' pick coming down to Chad Greenway or Jimmy Williams.

5. The Rams' activity in the FA market is a nice side effect of the coaching change. You have to believe that the front office was intent on giving Linehan some players to work with so he can justify their decision to replace Mike Martz.

6. Toyoka Jackson is one vet I'd like to see back in the fold.

7. Corey Ivey is another.

8. I'd take a chance on Lavar Arrington or Julian Peterson at a reasonable price, but it seems that neither of these players has ever asked for reasonable compensation.

9. At some point this offseason, the Rams need to add another interior OL. Relying on two banged-up old vets (Timmerman and McCollum), a young player (Claude Terrell) and a guy who's never played a down in the NFL (Incognito) seems like a bad idea to me.

10. When I'm right I'm right - I said a couple of months ago that someone would vastly overpay for Archuleta. Figures it would be the Washington Snyders.

11. Speaking of Snyder, while I generally have no interest in watching celebrity poker, I think I would watch a match between Snyder, George Steinbrenner, Marc Cuban and Jerry Jones. Of course, I'd be hoping they could somehow all lose their shirts.

12. Between the coaching search and FA, this has been one of the more eventful offseasons in a while.

13. When my next mock draft comes out, I may have Matt Leinert going to the Lions. While I'm not a Leinert fan, I could see him thriving under Mike Martz's watch.

14. That said, I still think Omar Jacobs will be a better pro than Leinert.

15. This could be the first draft in a long time in which the Miami Hurricanes don't supply at least one first round pick. Eric Winston and Kelly Jennings will be taken in the first two rounds, but perhaps neither will be in the first round.

16. I'm moving to the Orlando, Florida, area in a few months. It struck me that I'll be within four hours of three NFL stadiums (Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville). Makes me wonder: which of those stadiums would I stand the greatest chance of getting beat up for wearing a Rams jersey?

17. It seems that Marshall Faulk has been quiet for a while about his status. I wonder if the Rams will put pressure on him to let them know his plans before the draft. If Marshall were to decide to retire, I'd think the Rams would consider spending a mid-round pick on a RB to back-up Jackson.

18. Is it me, or are there more players in this draft with sub-4.40 40 times than ever before?

19. Here's a good offseason topic to ponder: who is the fastest current Ram? Kevin Curtis? Travis Fisher? Ron Bartell? Aveion Cason? I'm pretty sure its not Marc Bulger or Orlando Pace.

20. Still smiling about the re-signing of Isaac Bruce. One day, I'd like to see the Rams take the unusual step of retiring a number to honor two players. After Henry Ellard and Isaac Bruce, no future Ram should wear the #80.

rampete is offline Registered User

Re: 20 Random Free Agency/Pre-Draft Thoughts

1) i'm under the impression that zyggy is not so high on pisa...and we all know by now, what zyggy likes stays and what he doesn't goes...

2) nailed it.
    3) unfortunately very probable...
    4) i'd add deangelo williams RB memphis to that small list.
    5) initial rxn was yes...but mulling it over i remember how active we were on defense in 2001 when lovie first came on board...zyggy is the wild card, imo...he can make or break a coaches wish list come true...

16) LMAO...

18) it's the shoes...

majorram is offline Registered User

Some nice points there AV

4) I see jimmy williams being our NO1 pick

5) AGREE

9) I was thinking the same about the O line, would love a seasoned Vet to come in at a mid price, who could back up or fight for a starting place.... sure the Rams will take a look at this through the mid rounds...WHAT about Richie???

10) Agree the Skins WAY overpaid Arch, I was reading that Gibbs had quoted that Arch was one of the BEST tacklers in the leaque hhhhMMMMM.... have YOU read his comments he made about the Rams on his introduction as a Skin????? interesting!!!

12) Agree this has been one of the best off seasons and there is still great stuff to look forward too..

17) Faulk WILL play this year, i just see this happening

19) 'Crazy legs' Bulger is the fastest Ram on the roster and thats Final!!!LOL

20) I don't care what people say the signing of Bruce has been the best this off season and those days that he was out there, CUT, were trying..... just ask my WIFE!!!

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

1. If the Rams don't land another FA, they should strongly consider using some of the cap space to sign Pisa Tinoisamoa to a long-term deal now, before he becomes a highly sought-after FA in 2007.
    I agree, he is in his prime, and will get better.

6. Toyoka Jackson is one vet I'd like to see back in the fold.
    7. Corey Ivey is another.
    We definately need these two back; add Brandon Green and Aveion Cason to the list.

9. At some point this off season, the Rams need to add another interior OL. Relying on two banged-up old vets (Timmerman and McCollum), a young player (Claude Terrell) and a guy who's never played a down in the NFL (Incognito) seems like a bad idea to me.
    Toniu Fonoti from the chargers would be a solid pick up.

I would still like to see a TE signed; Jeb Putzier, or Mark Campbell would work.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey