Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By AvengerRam
  • 1 Post By sjacksonrules
  • 2 Post By Curly Horns
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: 20 Random Post-Bash Weekend Thoughts

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

20 Random Post-Bash Weekend Thoughts

1. Every Bash is fun, but there's nothing like a win!

2. I don't know... maybe the trivia questions were too easy this time?

3. Jake's on the Landing added toasted ravs to the menu!

4. Great to see some of the old guard, and some new Bash attendees.

5. Greg Zurlein is not human.

6. Its nice to see a game from the endzone view once in a while, as you can see things that you'd miss watching from the "TV angle." For example, on TV, Bradford's interception probably looked like a horrible throw. From the endzone, it was obvious that Brandon Gibson had run the wrong pattern on a timing play.

7. All things considered, the O line did a very nice job. Part of that is due to smart gameplanning and play calling.

8. I think the Rams can go ahead and delete that kickoff reverse play from the playbook.

9. TekeRam called the fake field goal play seconds before the snap.

10. Best use of multi-media at the dome: in the fourth quarter during a time-out, they had a montage of movie clips featuring famous scenes of coaches firing up teams (from movies such as Rudy and Remember the Titans). Mixed in with these scenes is Tom Green from Road Trip repeating "Unleash the Fury!!!!"

11. I was jealous of those kids who got the free J-Lau bobble-heads!

12. The crowd was a bit more sparse than I'd like, but they were loud at the right times.

13. That said, there were very few Seahawk fans.

14. Janoris Jenkins is a guy who you really notice (for good reasons) despite his rookie status.

15. Michael Brockers got his feet wet, and I saw him move the pile a few times. Truth is, most of Lynch's yards were not between the tackles but, rather, the result of a poor job of sealing the ends.

16. Russell Wilson is a nice story, but I don't think he's the Hawks' long-term solution at QB.

17. Union Station was pretty dead - only one Rams gear shop left. But, the shop owner told me that with Stan buying the place, she expects it will be getting a huge face lift.

18. A record of 2-2 (2-0 at home) feels pretty good.

19. I'm expecting a lot more of you to jump on the Bashwaggon next year!

20. Don't argue with me on the boards this week. No matter what the subject is, I'm just going to go with, "Well, you may have a point there, but I predicted the exact score of the Seahawks-Rams game."
    RamDez, Rambos, live4ramin and 2 others like this.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: 20 Random Post-Bash Weekend Thoughts

Good post AV, and I totally agree about the end zone view. It's nice to see the quarterbacks eyes move back and forth and watch the play unfold right in front of you.

Joe
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I was thinking the same thing about attendance but u have to consider te cards played at 1 and they are in the middle of a playoff push
    Ramendola16 likes this.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

6. Its nice to see a game from the endzone view once in a while, as you can see things that you'd miss watching from the "TV angle." For example, on TV, Bradford's interception probably looked like a horrible throw. From the endzone, it was obvious that Brandon Gibson had run the wrong pattern on a timing play.
    On tv live, it looked like Bradford was throwing to a spot. He didn't look tentative at all. A moment later they showed a replay, and it was clear that Gibson ran the wrong pattern. My wife who watched the game with me went off on Bradford at the time, but after replaying it a couple of times she got it ..

7. All things considered, the O line did a very nice job. Part of that is due to smart gameplanning and play calling.
    Any comments on Wayne Hunter's performance? I'm thinking we got the better end of that trade with the Jets - salary cap implications aside.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

We had an awesome time. It was an extreme pleasure meeting everyone. The game was fantastic and the victory was sweet (I told you all that we would win).

Nice to finally see the city of St. Louis. Downtown looks a little depressed. The Arch is the most amazing man made structure I've ever seen. I'm glad I didn't have to help build it, although, I would have been right at home doing the lighting underneath.

All of those that attended were very nice and well mannered. r8rh8rmike is pretty much as I expected. In some ways it seems like I've known him all my life. laram0 is also as I suspected, he's got a good nature with a great sense of humor.

The big shocker for me was AvengerRam. In person he is not quite as I expected him to be. Although, when I now reflect over all the years, his personality does fit with his ClanRam chatter. As his moniker states he truly is "mild mannered". Hey, he even thanked me for the big hug I gave him when we met....lol

Just a great experience and I highly recommend it to anyone that is thinking of going.

Thank You All.....

AvengerRam and live4ramin like this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

How I'm perceived before people meet me at the Bash:

How I'm perceived after people meet me at the Bash:

Just one more reason that EVERYONE should attend!
    Curly Horns likes this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    10. Best use of multi-media at the dome: in the fourth quarter during a time-out, they had a montage of movie clips featuring famous scenes of coaches firing up teams (from movies such as Rudy and Remember the Titans). Mixed in with these scenes is Tom Green from Road Trip repeating "Unleash the Fury!!!!"

11. I was jealous of those kids who got the free J-Lau bobble-heads!

12. The crowd was a bit more sparse than I'd like, but they were loud at the right times.

13. That said, there were very few Seahawk fans.

18. A record of 2-2 (2-0 at home) feels pretty good.

19. I'm expecting a lot more of you to jump on the Bashwaggon next year!

20. Don't argue with me on the boards this week. No matter what the subject is, I'm just going to go with, "Well, you may have a point there, but I predicted the exact score of the Seahawks-Rams game."
    10. That was kewl.
    11. DITTO
    12. I would like to know who keeps scheduling RAMS home games the same day and time of a Card baseball home game. I would be willing to bet this is done on purpose. It happens WAY to often to be a coincidence. The RAMS need to find a way to send a message to the league this this will no longer be allowed.
    13. This amazed me, and may be a point to give reps to the PSL holders. Did they purposely not sell to hags' fans, or was it a last minute decision to go to a Cards pre-playoff game, so they didn't have time to sell?
    18. Darned straight it feels good.
    19. I think I will start saving now.
    20. I don't believe it because you couldn't get me lotto numbers. Maybe you may have edited your post. ;/

gap