Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: 20 Random Post Bash-Weekend Thoughts

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

20 Random Post Bash-Weekend Thoughts

1. I've said what I wanted to say about Sam Bradford in another thread, so I'll just leave it at this: yesterday there were flashes of both the Sam that makes me cringe, and the Sam that gives me hope. .

2. Zac Stacy did a nice job between the tackles. I look forward to seeing more of him in the weeks to come.

3. James Laurinaitis had a very good game, and is quietly having a very good year.

4. Right now, I feel a lot more comfortable with Trumaine Johnson starting at CB than Cortland Finnigan. Six weeks ago, I wouldn't have guessed that I would have felt that way.

5. Brian Quick does not make enough plays, but the plays he's made makes me want to see more of him.

6. Austin Pettis is better than I though he would be.

7. Tavon Austin is a dangerous man on punt returns... that is, he would be if his teammates could avoid a penalty on every return.

8. You have to be impressed by the way Stedman Bailey has embraced his role on punt coverage while waiting for his turn at WR.

9. There are at least 6 plays in our offensive playbook that should never be run again (they all involve quick lateral throws).

10. More designed roll-outs, please.

11. Alec Ogletree is a bit raw, but he is going to be a beast.

12. Nice to see Darian Stewart back on the field and making a key play.

13. Sure it was a 1-3 team against an 0-4 team, and the Cardinals played an MLB playoff game later in the afternoon, but the turnout at the game was a bit sad.

14. That said, the crowd that was there was fairly enthusiastic.

15. And, for once, no influx of fans from the other team's home (I mean, other than me).

16. A good time was had by all at the Bash dinner. The Morgan Street Brewery was a nice venue.

17. Thanks to Ram Man who throws a nice tailgate, and is very generous.

18. That 3-4 hours of perfect weather before the game during the tailgate time - I ordered that in advance. You're welcome.

19. After several (7, I think) years of being the Bash's "Julie the Cruise Director," I'm going to retire from my event planning role. I nonetheless hope to see the old gang at future games.

20. I think the Rams can win next week in Houston. That's just how I'm wired, I guess.
    RamDez, laram0 and rNemesis like this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Re: 20 Random Post Bash-Weekend Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    7. Tavon Austin is a dangerous man on punt returns... that is, he would be if his teammates could avoid a penalty on every return.
    I have to ask, and you know it's because I do not trust the officials, for those that saw the game live.

CBS did not show a replay of either of the "penalties" that negated TA's returns, but they did show a replay of the Jags' return penalty. Was this because the penalty was non-existent, or was it because CBS is just lame?

I ask this because the same ST can block for a kickoff without a flag (when TA isn't back there), but there always seems to be a flag on the field before TA gets moving on punts. Either the blocking techniques are vastly different, or the officials look at punt returns differently.

Again, CBS didn't show a single replay of the "penalties" on TA's returns. There had to be at least one camera that caught a penalty flag being thrown, but CBS chose not to show it to the fans.

gap

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

The Rams special teams have been dreadful, and Tavon has undoubtedly been killed by his teammates.

The flip side of that is Tavon Austin needs to catch the football. He had at least three drops yesterday. and there's no excuse.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Tavon did not have "at least three drops." I saw two, and one of them was probably thrown too hard for a 5 yard pass. But, yes... he needs to NOT drop the ball.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

I did not see a replay at the stadium either and I was looking for it.