AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

20 Random Post-Niner OT Loss Thoughts

1. The road woes continue. Ugh.
    2. That pass interference penalty should not have been called (not catchable). But if you live by the flag, I guess you die by the flag.
    3. Chris Long gets the game ball as far as I'm concerned. He was nearly unblockable.
    4. This loss was on the DBs.
    5. Why didn't Fletcher start?
    6. Let's hope Saffold is okay.
    7. Another great performance by Jackson.
    8. What Bradford is doing with this group of receivers is nothing short of remarkable. If we can get him some receivers who actually separate from defenders, look out.
    9. Oh, Fells... you should have had that pass on the last regulation drive.
    10. I think Alex Smith's 49er career just ended, and Troy Smith's just started.
    11. Can't believe Seattle won so easily. This division is unpredictable, to say the least.
    12. Sam Bradford did a nice job on the 2 minute drill. Good experience for the next time he needs to get a late score.
    13. In case you were wondering, Randy Moss had one catch today and his team lost.
    14. The Rams should take 2 WRs in the first 4 rounds next year, and maybe sign one in FA.
    15. Mardy Gilyard, where are you?
    16. Seriously... what happened to our DBs today? 3rd and 32 and you let them complete two passes to get a first down?
    17. I look forward to the rematch in St. Louis.
    18. As much as the close losses hurt, they beat the blowout losses of the last two years.
    19. Bradford has been in the league for 9 games. Just thought I'd remind you of that, as he certainly does not look like a rookie.
    20. KC was blown out by Denver. The Giants were beat soundly by the Cowboys. If you think you know what's going to happen next... you're wrong.

AtlantaRamFan is online now Registered User

Re: 20 Random Post-Niner OT Loss Thoughts

Couldn't agree more. Such a frustrating loss. The Rams did catch a number of breaks via the penalty, but they missed their share of chances as well. This team has come a long way in a short amount of time. Hopefully no one gets too down on this loss

robot is offline Registered User

1. Troy Smith is overrated.
    2. Get ED out of here.
    3. Fire Pat Shurmur
    4. Get JJ in next year's draft.
    5. Dump Dockery
    6. Draft CB
    7. I hate to say this . We aren't going to make the playoffs but we deserve to be in it.
    8. Really, Sam has been amazing.
    9. Chris Long is going to have a breakout year.
    10. OL <-------------Is breaking out. Give them some credit.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

1. Yes, very frustrating. Can't seem to put anyone away on the road despite having a lead.
    2. I'm going to refrain from commenting on the PI call until I see it a few more times.
    3. Long is really coming along and is a force on this defensive line.
    4. They contributed, but the offense's inability to sustain drives in the second half probably made for a tired defense.
    5. No idea, sounded like he was in the doghouse or just wasn't playing well in the staff's opinion.
    6. Agreed.
    7. Definitely, love the sideline catch at the end of regulation.
    8. He definitely needs some more playmakers on the outside.
    9. That was a tough catch. Bradford could have helped him by leading him rather than putting it behind him.
    10. Wouldn't be surprised, but can Troy keep it up for the rest of the year?
    11. Definitely. Heck, the entire league is.
    12. Overall, I agree. Especially considering he's a rook.
    13. Nice to know, I hadn't caught the stats on that one yet.
    14. Not sure I'd argue with that.
    15. Sung to the tune of Scooby Doo?
    16. Completely gassed and tired, I take it.
    17. Same. Hopefully we have a better plan of attack and are more focused.
    18. I dunno, this one hurts quite a bit.
    19. He shows amazing poise.
    20. Well said!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    2. That pass interference penalty should not have been called (not catchable). But if you live by the flag, I guess you die by the flag.
    I hear what you're saying Av, and I'm more than happy to die by the flag, but the flag has to be remotely legitimate. That PI was an absolutely rediculous call, at the most critical of times. There is a big difference between a handfull of jersey that allows a QB extra time to make a big play and a pass that sails ten feet over the head of jostling opponents.

How many whiner QB's have made a name for themselves by beating the Rams?? The list seems endless and continues to grow.....

Rich86 is offline Registered User

18. As much as the close losses hurt, they beat the blowout losses of the last two years.
    couldn't agree LESS. its almost merchandise breaking frustrating every time i see us go up late in the game, just to give it up in the waning seconds. i mean in spite of giving up damn near 500 yards to the 2-6 ***** we still had them right where we wanted. we are 1-2 in the division, on self inflicted mistakes and it's so annoying.

but yea i cosign most especially #19 man sam bradford is amazing. he's just decided he's not going to throw picks anymore, altogether which is pretty cool with me. i wish shurmur and spagnuolo would take the training wheels off and allow him to throw down field the way singletary allowed smith.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

3. Chris Long gets the game ball as far as I'm concerned. He was nearly unblockable.
    If I were to make 20 notes about the game this would be #1-19 (#20 would be our secondary to a man should be embarrassed to look themselves in the mirror). IMO this was the best game Long has had and one of the most dominant games I've seen by a DE in a while. He absolutely abused Anthony Davis all freaking day.

Edit: Oh, and regarding Fletcher not starting - that confuses me as well, I think he's played really well this year for it being essentially his rookie year.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
    couldn't agree LESS. its almost merchandise breaking frustrating every time i see us go up late in the game, just to give it up in the waning seconds. i mean in spite of giving up damn near 500 yards to the 2-6 ***** we still had them right where we wanted. we are 1-2 in the division, on self inflicted mistakes and it's so annoying.

but yea i cosign most especially #19 man sam bradford is amazing. he's just decided he's not going to throw picks anymore, altogether which is pretty cool with me. i wish shurmur and spagnuolo would take the training wheels off and allow him to throw down field the way singletary allowed smith.
    So if we are going to lose, we should lose big and not even be competitive about it? i don't know how you disagree that games we take to OT are less painful than 44-3 blowouts week in and week out.

AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

1. Brandon Gibson
    -on two third down plays, he could have gotten the first down in the fourth quarter. instead he tries to make something happen and goes backwards to try to go around defenders and doesn't get the first down. the fade comeback route on the left side in the fourth quarter should have been a first down. As much as i would love to blame our loss on the Penalty, we had our chances to win this game and couldn't pull through.
    2. I did not like the play call by Shurmur to dump it off to SJAX on third down, i would have preferred a shot into the endzone. That is all.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    So if we are going to lose, we should lose big and not even be competitive about it? i don't know how you disagree that games we take to OT are less painful than 44-3 blowouts week in and week out.
    In a perspective where the football fan masses meet, losing in OT is less agonizing than it is being blown out but coping with close games personally, it's quite painful to deal with..

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    In a perspective where the football fan masses meet, losing in OT is less agonizing than it is being blown out but coping with close games personally, it's quite painful to deal with..
    Oh I agree, but I like throwing down my remote in disgust and going to do dishes as the game ends, instead of 5 minutes into the first quarter. It hurts at the time, but it feels a lot better later going into a game thinking you have a chance to win it rather than wondering how fast the other team will put it out of reach, which was generally after their first TD.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

loved 19 & 20...

perspective

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by robot View Post
    2. Get ED out of here.
    3. Fire Pat Shurmur
    5. Dump Dockery
    6. Draft CB
    7. I hate to say this . We aren't going to make the playoffs but we deserve to be in it.
    Maybe a stupid question... but who's ED?

Boosh is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysBackwards View Post
    1. Brandon Gibson
    -on two third down plays, he could have gotten the first down in the fourth quarter. instead he tries to make something happen and goes backwards to try to go around defenders and doesn't get the first down. the fade comeback route on the left side in the fourth quarter should have been a first down. As much as i would love to blame our loss on the Penalty, we had our chances to win this game and couldn't pull through.
    I agree 100%, I was screaming at the TV "Just fall forward!!". I think this game more than any other showed how much we need a #1 WR.

Anyone else notice how much the announcers were swinging from the ***** nuts?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

1. The road woes continue. Ugh.
    4. This loss was on the DBs.
    5. Why didn't Fletcher start?
    6. Let's hope Saffold is okay.
    7. Another great performance by Jackson.
    8. What Bradford is doing with this group of receivers is nothing short of remarkable. If we can get him some receivers who actually separate from defenders, look out.
    9. Oh, Fells... you should have had that pass on the last regulation drive.
    11. Can't believe Seattle won so easily. This division is unpredictable, to say the least.
    12. Sam Bradford did a nice job on the 2 minute drill. Good experience for the next time he needs to get a late score.
    13. In case you were wondering, Randy Moss had one catch today and his team lost.
    14. The Rams should take 2 WRs in the first 4 rounds next year, and maybe sign one in FA.
    15. Mardy Gilyard, where are you?
    16. Seriously... what happened to our DBs today? 3rd and 32 and you let them complete two passes to get a first down?
    17. I look forward to the rematch in St. Louis.
    19. Bradford has been in the league for 9 games. Just thought I'd remind you of that, as he certainly does not look like a rookie.
    20. KC was blown out by Denver. The Giants were beat soundly by the Cowboys. If you think you know what's going to happen next... you're wrong.
    4, 5, 16. - I wouldn't put it all on the DBs, but all of the sudden it feels like there's a gaping chasm in the roster across from Bartell. Did the coaches bench Fletcher to send a message or did they really think Dockery was the better play? Either way doesn't bode well.

8, 13, 14, 15. - Amendola was lights out. Gibson is strictly possession; no yards after the catch. Robinson has lost his mojo. Gilyard might as well not have dressed for all we saw of him. We may have to consider more three tight end sets--for the passing game!

Very true about Bradford. You'd never know he was a rookie from the way he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by robot View Post
    2. Get ED out of here.
    3. Fire Pat Shurmur
    5. Dump Dockery
    6. Draft CB
    1. Was Troy Smith rated at all before this game? He definitely looked better than any of the other quarterbacks the ***** have used this season.

2. But Eric Dickerson is retired!

3. To be fair, the offense looked quite a bit better when players were catching balls and not drawing holding penalties. Maybe we just need to add a chapter to the playbook for 3rd and 15.

4. I would assume you mean Julio Jones? Or maybe Jerril Jernigan? Jarvis Jenkins?

7. We hardly deserve the playoffs at this point. Don't forget how our offense stalled for most of the game and the refs disallowed 2 ***** touchdowns and an interception. Had the refs been less rigidly enforcing the rules, this could have been a blowout. I think we all need to keep that in mind while fuming about the blown PI call at the end.

10. We gave up 3 sacks and couldn't run block. Jackson was dancing like he did as a rookie just trying to find a hint of daylight. On one play he got hit almost before he had the hand-off. A very poor day for the OL, IMO.