Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By J-RodRamFan
  • 1 Post By citr92

Thread: 20 Random Post-Week 1 Thoughts

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

20 Random Post-Week 1 Thoughts

1. The most notable thing about the game yesterday was the way the Rams overcame their mistakes and an 11 point deficit to win. The confidence built on a win like that is huge.

2. Sam Bradford started the season well. Remember that last year he did not have very good statistical games against the Arizona defense. 100.7 passer rating is strong.

3. Jared Cook showed why the Rams made him a FA priority.

4. After each picking up a penalty on the first drive, I thought Jake Long and Rodger Saffold had a good game in pass protection. Sam didn't get sacked all day.

5. Robert Quinn was a beast. He's going to have more games like that this year.

6. I wish the Rams would use more press coverage on the WRs, but I think that there is a (probably justified) lack of trust in the safeties.

7. The Rams must cut down on the penalties, particularly the dead ball fouls.

8. Though Tavon Austin did not get into the open field, he did a good job helping move the chains. His breakout day is not far off, I'd suspect.

9. Chris Givens had a tough time with Patrick Peterson. A lot of players probably will have similar problems.

10. Arizona is not a bad team. Carson Palmer is a HUGE upgrade for them at QB.

11. Greg Zuerlein was money.

12. Daryl Richardson did a decent job, particularly out of the backfield as a receiver.

13. Though it was only one play, it was nice to see Brian Quick make a contribution.

14. William Hayes was an under-the-radar move, but retaining him was a big deal.

15. I think the playcalling was a bit timid at times, but I expect things will open up as the offense truly comes together.

16. Cortland Finnegan will want to forget this one. Hopefully, he'll make us forget it soon too.

17. If Janoris Jenkins is our best cover corner.

18. Pulling out that game really takes the pressure off the Rams as they travel to Atlanta and then to Dallas. It would be great to steal at least one of those two road games.

19. I'm curious whether Isaiah Pead will get a chance this week.

20. "I love winning man….I love winning it’s like…..better than losing.” - Nuke LaLoosh

Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: 20 Random Post-Week 1 Thoughts

I was thinking the same thing about Pead. D-Rich looked great until he hurt his toe. He looked slow and was hurting after that. Not sure why he was in at the goal line, thought we would see Stacy in the red zone. I think if D-Rich does not get hurt we don't see anyone one else. Pead was two on my board so I think we will see D-Rich and Pead a lot.

Rodger Saffold, did he come back in and play? I missed that.

This was a huge win, now we need to win one of the next two! Or both!

TJ looked good to me he really brought the wood a few times.

Our teams where outstanding! Peterson did not really get a chance all day! GZ was 4-4! love those two guys.

Austin did have a big play that did not show up in the box score, he ran a 9 route and was held for a big pass interference call. I have to be honest I was a little worried about his hands but he made some nice catches and had a big third down catch.

Quick catch was really a great catch and run!

Sam got everyone the ball, he force a couple but for the most part found the open guy!

Cook is the real deal! I read right before the game he only started 11 games in four years with the Titans. What where they thinking? He is going to be so productive for us, no wonder Sam is so happy these days.

I watched a lot of games yesterday and a lot of teams looks rusty so we will clean up the mess. I was wrong about the penalties, they followed us into the season, fix it Fish.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

19. I believe you will see 70-30 split of carries between Richarson and Pead. I reallly do feel that way. Richardson played well but I think yesterday's game proves that he cannot be a workhorse back. He's good for 10-15 carries it seems.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    19. I believe you will see 70-30 split of carries between Richarson and Pead. I reallly do feel that way. Richardson played well but I think yesterday's game proves that he cannot be a workhorse back. He's good for 10-15 carries it seems.
    I agree, Richardson doesn't appear to be an every down back. I think he's a true 'change of pace' back. This is something that will work against this team if they try to utilize him that way. He's already nicked up.

I would like to see Peade step up. If he can't, then they should progress through the depth chart and give Stacy and Cunningham some carries. I am intrigued by Cunningham.

I was not impressed with Pettis at all. Was I missing something?

Kendrick looked good IMO.

Staffold came back in and played decently. The OL did well, and Sam slid around when there was pressure.

I think Givens is the first of a long list of receivers who will be hampered while being covered by Peterson.

Greg Zuerlien was money and other FFL players won't be laughing at that homer pick at the end of the season.
    Semper Fi!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Agree with your points. Especially #6 about the WR coverage. It seemed that we were too soft over the middle from our safties. I worry about next week when we have to face Tony Gonzalez and SJax out of the backfield. Overall, great win, not the way I would have scripted, but a win is a win. We better make plans to beat the Seahawks and ***** by sweeps or splits because AZ will be a tough match-up at home, especially when they get D. Washington back from suspension. I expect us to be better too.

Go Rams!

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

One thought for me I would add...TJ McDonald really is a hard hitter. I see him forcing some fumbles as the season rolls.
    citr92 likes this.

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Pulling out that game really takes the pressure off the Rams as they travel to Atlanta and then to Dallas. It would be great to steal at least one of those two road games.
    I personally think that we will eat Dallas alive. Dallas always at a disadvantage playing at home as they have no home field advantage. Romo is all over the place in his throws. Look for 4 sacks a couple picks against us.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by J-RodRamFan View Post
    One thought for me I would add...TJ McDonald really is a hard hitter. I see him forcing some fumbles as the season rolls.
    and thank goodness he's not in a USC uniform, that alone is worth 5 stupid penalty calls

would've been flagged for that hit because....idk refs are dumb

i mean for cryin out loud, he would hit someone where the coaches would teach you to hit, square in the numbers and he'd get called for targeting and his helmet wouldn't even make contact...

so yea, glad he can hit more freely now

and the O will get opened up in time

and the D will be allowed to press in time, just like last year
    J-RodRamFan likes this.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    19. I'm curious whether Isaiah Pead will get a chance this week.
    I would agree, and the same goes for Stedman Bailey. Austin Pettis barely got a few looks his way, so even though Bailey will continue to see an uphill battle for playing time, making catches in practice is the only way he'll gain Fisher's trust once gameday arrives. Stedman's gotta have that no fear, 110% mentality Givens had as a rookie last year.