AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

20 Random Pre-Opening Day Thoughts

1. The Rams have a favorable early schedule, with an opportunity to get some road wins against some very beatable opponents. If the Rams can win 5 of their first 6, they will be in a position to go 11-5 merely by winning out at home from there.

2. I'm looking forward to seeing the full "Steven Jackson" effect. We've seen how he can impact the game in small doses in preseason. I want to see how he looks running against a tired defense in the last 10 minutes of a game.

3. The Rams need to continue blitzing early and often. If the Rams can force turnovers like they did in 2003, they'll be tough to beat.

4. Chris Claiborne will be in the Pro Bowl this year. You heard it here first.

5. At some point this season, Mike Martz will be accused by the national media of running up a score.

6. Did you notice that of all the big name players that held out, the only ones who seem to have failed to get new contracts are Drew Rosenhaus' clients (T.O., Javon Walker).

7. Non-football Note: My father, who is a 65 year old semi-retired physician (he's now a Med School Prof.) is in the Gulf region assisting a medical team. This is the second year in a row he's aided Hurricane victims. I'll never be the hero he is.

8. There will be times that Marshall Faulk will be a major part of the Rams' success.

9. There will be times he sits on the sideline for most of a game, and he won't look happy about it.

10. The Special Teams should take the Hypocratic Oath - "First, do no harm."

11. On the radio, I heard a commentator claiming that Jerry Rice was the best football player ever. I disagree. The best players I've ever seen: Walter Payton and Lawrence Taylor.

12. A while ago, I gave a plug for University of Miami's newest TE, Greg Olsen. Though the Canes lost tonight, he started his campaign with a 8 reception, 137 yard night.

13. I think Mike Martz is smart to pull back advanced rookies like Claude Terrell and Jerome Carter and not put them in the opening day starting lineup. Don't be shocked, though, if either or both is starting by the end of the year.

14. I still have great hope for Alex Barron.

15. I kind of wish Alex Smith were starting this year.

16. Only two cuts really surprised me: Michael Stone and Joey Goodspeed.

17. How can you not like Mike Furrey? The guy fought his way onto the team, and now has remade himself into a safety to make the team.

18. The Red Zone offense will be vastly improved this year.

19. For all those new members - Welcome to the Clan!

20. For all the diehards who have stuck around all offseason - FINALLY!!! SOME REAL FOOTBALL!!!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: 20 Random Pre-Opening Day Thoughts

Good Read! Yea I also agree that Claiborne will be a Pro Bowler
    RamsFan16

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

5. I would love to see number 5 happen. I am tired of close games and the media needs something to complain about.

7. Thanks to your Dad and those like him. We have many people to be proud of during the tough times.

17. You have to like Furrey. I do.

***** coming up for the first game is a nice way to start the season.

Go Rams!!!!
    :clanram:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Very nice read........

I'm very curious as to how Marshall will be applied this season.

Claiborne and Hargrove are going to have huge seasons !

What's up with Coakley ???

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

20. For all the diehards who have stuck around all offseason - FINALLY!!! SOME REAL FOOTBALL!!!
    Here here!

Chiledog is offline Registered User

Nice job, AV. I especially agree with #2. I have high expectations for Jackson and the great things he will do and open up for us this year on offense.

As for #7, you are a hero in your own right to us at ClanRam, assured to win on any Smack-Talking board. And when you are elected to public office (I assume that is what you are practicing for by posting all the polls), I hope you won't forget your friends at ClanRam! Also, my hat's off to your Dad for the work he's doing.

-
    "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie', until you can find a rock." Will Rogers

Rambos is offline Registered User

[QUOTE1. The Rams have a favorable early schedule, with an opportunity to get some road wins against some very beatable opponents. If the Rams can win 5 of their first 6, they will be in a position to go 11-5 merely by winning out at home from there.][/QUOTE]

2-0 for sure.