Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: 20 Random Thoughts About ClanRam Usernames

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Re: 20 Random Thoughts About ClanRam Usernames

Raiders are a team easily disliked generally for the fanbase it seems more than anything. Plus for a time both teams played in LA so there is some history between the two.

I can't stand the cowboys for what its worth. Mainly cause Jones is an egotistical so and so. Also, at least in so cal IE area, they show nothing but Cowboy games. I'm sick of them!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffRams View Post

Haha, awesome gif

BTW: the N in the espn logo looks like boba fett
    LOL. I never noticed that.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyhater View Post
    Why do Raider haters get all the attention, but not Cowboyhaters? When I signed up on a Redskins board to do research years ago, I received all sorts of acclaim for my choice of nom.
    Because of the Rams history in LA along with the Raiders and that a large majority of Ram's fans here and country wide are from California. In fact, I think a post/survey last year on here indicated there are still more LA/California Ram's fans than Missouri Ram's fans.....

Cowboys? Who cares?
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Why do Raider haters get all the attention, but not Cowboyhaters? When I signed up on a Redskins board to do research years ago, I received all sorts of acclaim for my choice of nom.
    I'm guessing our inclusion in this thread had more to do with two members having a similar user name, as opposed to hating the Faiders. Truth be told, other than this thread, I don't remember any significant attention because of my moniker.

Not to worry, everybody will be with you on September 21.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Because of the Rams history in LA along with the Raiders and that a large majority of Ram's fans here and country wide are from California. In fact, I think a post/survey last year on here indicated there are still more LA/California Ram's fans than Missouri Ram's fans.....

Cowboys? Who cares?
    Many old geezer Ram fans like me have serious hate for the Cowboys because they always seemed to knock the Rams out of the playoffs back in the 70s ( in reality it was only once or twice) & were generally more successful. I don't even remember considering the whiners as a hated team back then. That didn't start until the 80s when they got on a roll.Ditto,imo, for The Raiders when they moved to LA in the 90s .I actually really liked the bad boy Raiders of the 70s & had left SoCal before their move from OAK so I never really thought of The Rams and Raiders as rivals. That ended when my friends and I had bottles and garbage thrown at us after the last regular season match-up in Oakland a few years back, though.
    ram3057, MauiRam and cowboyhater like this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Many old geezer Ram fans like me have serious hate for the Cowboys because they always seemed to knock the Rams out of the playoffs back in the 70s ( in reality it was only once or twice) & were generally more successful. I don't even remember considering the whiners as a hated team back then. That didn't start until the 80s when they got on a roll.Ditto,imo, for The Raiders when they moved to LA in the 90s .I actually really liked the bad boy Raiders of the 70s & had left SoCal before their move from OAK so I never really thought of The Rams and Raiders as rivals. That ended when my friends and I had bottles and garbage thrown at us after the last regular season match-up in Oakland a few years back, though.
    My sentiments exactly- I am not really an old geezer (45), but I vividly remember my childhood in which the Rams seemingly got to the playoffs every year only to be ousted either by Dallas or Minnesota. I never really had the hate for the Raiders that a few other west coast Clan Rammers have.
    MauiRam and cowboyhater like this.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Cowboys? Who cares?
    Well, I think for starters you might assume that Cowboyhater cares.

The fact is, I am a Ram fan BECAUSE I am a Cowboyhater. I noticed right away that Cowboy fans were unusually oboxious in their fandom, and I knew the team I adopted had to be their enemy, and had to be from the NFC. At that time, (mid '70s) the only serious competition were the Vikings and the Rams. I had no problem choosing the Rams, their history and that defense over the Vikes.

I have never been anywhere NEAR California, and I know plenty of Rams fans personally, going back to the mid-70s, and none from California. The Rams have been a national team in interest going back to the Waterfield/Van Brocklin Hirsch days. Guys like Roman Gabriel and John Capelletti had national appeal.

When I finally got to see the Rams in person in St. Louis against the Cowboys, Warner got injured, and the Cowboys won on a last second field goal that I had to witness from Row VV. After we left, Cowboy fans were standing on fire hydrants taunting the home team fans. They haven't changed, even though their team stinks.

The Rams have had a rivalry with the Cowboys ever since that expansion team started winning. The Rams and Raiders never had an on field rivalry, maybe a political one when the Raiders moved to L.A. for a while. Oakland is almost 400 miles away from L.A., Heck, the New York Giants are closer to the Redskins than the Oaklland Raiders were to the Los Angeles Rams.

Neither team has been particularly loyal to a location, the way the Packers or Bears are. The Rams started in Cleveland, went to L.A., and Anaheim (if you think that's a big deal, I don't but I don't live there), and finally St. Louis, with maybe more to come. The Raiders went from Oakland to L.A. and back again, even with no competitive team in the region. There's no reason to think that they wouldn't pack up in a jiffy if they were offered a new stadium somewhere, almost anywhere else.

The Rams and the Raiders had their longest sustained winning years in the '70s. The Rams won five consecutive NFC West titles, the Raiders won a whole lot as well, and NO ONE talked about them because they rarely played each other. For those of us who grew up with those Rams, you don't brush that aside, or the playoff games with the Vikings and Cowboys lightly. The Raiders are just the team for people who want to project a bad boy image. The expansion Cowboys were happy to pretend to earn the moniker of "America's Team".
    MauiRam and eric2810 like this.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

You got me. I really must be bored to even open this post...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I would submit that anyone who is getting in any way upset about this thread is well... missing the point of the thread entirely.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    You got me. I really must be bored to even open this post...
    If you are bored, so are many NFL fans right now. At this time of year, most of us welcome some light relief. I for one often have wondered about various user names, their origin etc. Threads of this nature give us a chance to either tell a story, or just read other members' stories. I really enjoyed reading Cowboyhater's, Azul e Oro's and NJ Ramfan's stories.

Over the years, Av's nimble mind has provided many venues for us Clannies to participate in during the slow/off season. One I remember in particular Av came up with was that each member (who wished to participate), provide a true story or event in one's past without divulging one's identity. All stories, events etc. were communicated to Av privately and members had to try and "pin the tail on the donkey" so to speak - guess which story belonged to which member. Some of the stories were really good! As I recall the hardest one was a member that got arrested or ticketed for drag racing when very young. We had a number of female posters back then, and for whatever reason, no one imagined it might be one of them. I believe her name was Caligirl ..

Being bored is perfectly ok this time of year, but please don't discourage Av from posts of this nature. It is one of the many things he brings to the table of ClanRam - not that discouraging him would do any good ..

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I would submit that anyone who is getting in any way upset about this thread is well... missing the point of the thread entirely.
    AvengerRam likes this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Well, I think for starters you might assume that Cowboyhater cares.

The fact is, I am a Ram fan BECAUSE I am a Cowboyhater. I noticed right away that Cowboy fans were unusually oboxious in their fandom, and I knew the team I adopted had to be their enemy, and had to be from the NFC. At that time, (mid '70s) the only serious competition were the Vikings and the Rams. I had no problem choosing the Rams, their history and that defense over the Vikes.

I have never been anywhere NEAR California, and I know plenty of Rams fans personally, going back to the mid-70s, and none from California. The Rams have been a national team in interest going back to the Waterfield/Van Brocklin Hirsch days. Guys like Roman Gabriel and John Capelletti had national appeal.

When I finally got to see the Rams in person in St. Louis against the Cowboys, Warner got injured, and the Cowboys won on a last second field goal that I had to witness from Row VV. After we left, Cowboy fans were standing on fire hydrants taunting the home team fans. They haven't changed, even though their team stinks.

The Rams have had a rivalry with the Cowboys ever since that expansion team started winning. The Rams and Raiders never had an on field rivalry, maybe a political one when the Raiders moved to L.A. for a while. Oakland is almost 400 miles away from L.A., Heck, the New York Giants are closer to the Redskins than the Oaklland Raiders were to the Los Angeles Rams.

Neither team has been particularly loyal to a location, the way the Packers or Bears are. The Rams started in Cleveland, went to L.A., and Anaheim (if you think that's a big deal, I don't but I don't live there), and finally St. Louis, with maybe more to come. The Raiders went from Oakland to L.A. and back again, even with no competitive team in the region. There's no reason to think that they wouldn't pack up in a jiffy if they were offered a new stadium somewhere, almost anywhere else.

The Rams and the Raiders had their longest sustained winning years in the '70s. The Rams won five consecutive NFC West titles, the Raiders won a whole lot as well, and NO ONE talked about them because they rarely played each other. For those of us who grew up with those Rams, you don't brush that aside, or the playoff games with the Vikings and Cowboys lightly. The Raiders are just the team for people who want to project a bad boy image. The expansion Cowboys were happy to pretend to earn the moniker of "America's Team".
    Oh, don't get me wrong. The Cowboys are probably #2 or #3 on my list of teams I dislike. But because the Raider fans surround me from the LA days, I can't stand them because of their fans. They're obnoxious, and still talk as if they are relevent. Not to mention the "bad boy" image they hope to portray, which usually just comes off as funny.

But trust me, I remember the "old" days and the playoffs with the Cowboys and dislike them as well.

Not a big Vikings fan for the same reasons as the Cowboys.

I suppose I could change my name to Ramfanraidercowboywhinerhater...
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Still haven't found me out yet. Phew

citr92 likes this.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Not a big Vikings fan for the same reasons as the Cowboys.
    I believe that the Vikings paid for their sins of the '70s by being the patsies in the greatest playoff game I ever had the pleasure to watch.

I am in Viking territory (75% Packers 10% Vikings 10% Bears 5% Other) and they have been keeping very, very quiet, as they ponder their future.

We still owe the Steelers and especially the Patriots as well.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    12. Whenever I see m-hi, I think of Lumberg saying "hi."
    The dash is in the wrong spot. I stole it from Todd Rundgren who used tr-i back when he started his website back in the 90's. It's his initials and he used it in a song as a take off of Tiera - Tee R uh. So back in the day I needed a handle so I used my initials.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234