Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 20 Random Thoughts on the Bradford Injury

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

20 Random Thoughts on the Bradford Injury

1. Yesterday was a bad day for the Rams. A really bad day.

2. Anyone want to seriously assert that we'll "rally around Kellen Clemens and play good football? Anyone? Didn't think so.

3. That said, I'm guessing that the Rams will still show some fight in their remaining games.

4. While the playoffs are no longer a reasonable goal for this year, the remaining games will provide vital experience to a very young roster.

5. Not sure who the Rams will bring in to back-up (or compete with) Clemens. Not much out there (not surprising).

6. Added to the "bad timing" aspect of this injury is the fact that it did NOT occur when Josh Freeman was still available.

7. I am not surprised that the Bradford-hater buzzards are already circling.

8. The notion, however, that Bradford's career is over is exceedingly premature, at best.

9. Yes, the Rams have 2 first round picks next year, but how many Round 1 worthy draft-eligible QBs do you see in this draft. I see three: Teddy Bridgewater, Brett Hundley and Marcus Mariota.

10. Other players who might be worth a look, but not in Round 1, are Johnny Manziel (I'm weary of his lack of maturity), Tajh Boyd and Zach Mettenberger.

11. The question will be... if the Rams are going to draft a QB, would it be to have someone to replace Bradford, compete with Bradford, fill-in for Bradford, or simply back up Bradford?

12. Whatever the answer is, it is clear that the Rams played with fire in terms of depth at the QB position. Hopefully, they won't make that mistake again.

13. Somewhat lost in all of this is the fact that Sam was having a very solid year. I believe that things would have continued to click more and more with Sam and his young group of receivers. Now, the whole thing is derailed and we may never know.

14. To those who are expressing the belief that this injury is somehow good for the Rams' long term prospects, I'll say this. You might be right. The Rams might, out of necessity, acquire a QB who will prove to be better than Sam (See unknown Kurt Warner replaces injured Trent Greene). Then again, you might be entirely wrong, and will find yourself singing "Don't know what you've got, till its gone."

15. Either way, I've seen a few posts that border on "cheering for an injury." Poor taste, if you ask me.

16. How will this offense generate points for the remainder of the year? My initial answer is... with great difficulty.

17. Expect Zac Stacy to see a lot more 8 man fronts.

18. Just say no to Tebow.

19. Matt Cassel, though (if he could be had for, say, a 6th round pick), could be an intriguing stopgap.

20. For those who feel like this is evidence of a black cloud over the Rams' franchise that just won't go away, I understand. I'm having a hard time finding my optimism too right about now. Still, you never know what's just around the bend.
    MFranke, live4ramin and rNemesis like this.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: 20 Random Thoughts on the Bradford Injury

Today is a very very sad day as a Rams fan. Hard to be optimistic year in and year out.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Just a brutal, brutal day. Absolutely no hope at all for this team right now. They weren't very good and were undisciplined WITH Bradford and they promise to be even worse without him. There isn't one quality guy on the list of potential signees being circulated. But not having a third string guy on the roster is assinine, pure and simple.
    macrammer likes this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

We will rally around Zac Stacy and play good football. (as optimistic as I can get)
    10m39s80i81t likes this.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

I would like to see Matt Cassel in a Ram's uni.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

10m39s80i81t is offline Registered User

#18 is my fave. I am curious though why not Derrick Carr in #9?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Carr is an interesting prospect as well. Probably not a first rounder, but likely a Day 2 guy.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I sat in disbelief watching the game yesterday. I had to exit the chat since I was just disgusted with the officiating (something I Never make an issue of) as well as the dropped passes and stupid penalties by the Rams. I took sometime to go fir a run. I come back just in time to see Sam get hurt.

I love Ram football.....it does not define me as a human being in how I enjoy my life family etc. BUT I am numb from yesterday as I know most if not all of you are as well. I think Av stated it eloquently....item 13 resonates very well for me......

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Macrammer, I agree with you. I wasn't able to watch the game and probably consider myself fortunate to have missed it. I think you are spot on about #13. This year would have seen some better performances out of our offense. I also feel like #20 resonates with me as I am sad to see this year unravel, but I remain optimistic that everything happens for a reason. Whether it comes this year or next, we will see a silver lining to this event and the Rams will rise from the ashes.

Go Rams!
    macrammer likes this.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 10m39s80i81t View Post
    #18 is my fave. I am curious though why not Derrick Carr in #9?
    i like derrick carr as well, if they get a QB, i'd pick him

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Macrammer, I agree with you. I wasn't able to watch the game and probably consider myself fortunate to have missed it. I think you are spot on about #13. This year would have seen some better performances out of our offense. I also feel like #20 resonates with me as I am sad to see this year unravel, but I remain optimistic that everything happens for a reason. Whether it comes this year or next, we will see a silver lining to this event and the Rams will rise from the ashes.

Go Rams!
    Two months ago, I planned on getting a flight down to Charlotte to see the game. Circumstances and commitments since prevented me from doing so.

Undoubtedly one of the best decisions of my life.
    macrammer likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Two months ago, I planned on getting a flight down to Charlotte to see the game. Circumstances and commitments since prevented me from doing so.

Undoubtedly one of the best decisions of my life.
    you should have been at the BASH!!!!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    We will rally around Zac Stacy
    The problem is, so will most opposing defenses.
    lostsoul and citr92 like this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is offline Registered User

11. The question will be... if the Rams are going to draft a QB, would it be to have someone to replace Bradford, compete with Bradford, fill-in for Bradford, or simply back up Bradford?

Fisher said today the knee looked good and the Rams see no reason not to think Sam will not be back next year. Now if he is not progressing with his recovery and it looks like he will have long term issues then and only then could I see a first round pick used on a QB. Fisher said Sam was playing very, very good and not just yesterday. Sam is his QB Fisher won't screw him over. I counted three TDs that should have would have counted. Tavon, Quick and Pettis should have all had TD catches.

Nine games left and Stacy's going to get a work out!
    mde8352gorams likes this.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

On #10 I would definitely stay away from Manziel, He reminded a little bit of Tebow until i seen someone compare him to Julian Edelman and the resemblance is uncanny. The main difference is Manziel is a little bit better passer. I haven't seen much of mettenberger but from what i have seen he has a terrible pocket presence.

As some have said I would go with Carr if we are going for an early to mid round QB.
    Kyle Fuller at 13!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast