Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 20 Random Thoughts To Start Off 2012

MelloStang is offline Registered User

Re: 20 Random Thoughts To Start Off 2012

My random thought is ...Enjoy the 2012 season it will be the last in St Louis, L.A. here the RAMS come.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Brad, the only reason I'd say that Long should have gone over JPP would be that they both had 13 sacks, but JPP did it on a team that had leads. Chris had 3 sacks in the NO game, but most if not all the rest of the 10 came in games we lost and almost certainly were behind. If Long had been playing with a lead and the run defense wasn't giving up over 150 yards/game on the ground, he would have gotten at least 18 I tell ya.
    I thought Long was really close too, but I'm not sure you can give him a slight boost/grade on the curve because he happened to play on a lousy team. Jared Allen was also on a pretty bad Vikes' squad too.
    Next year, I expect Long to make the PB because I'm thinking there will be a lot more Quinn on the other side creating havoc and hopefully an upgrade at DT, either by personnel or by performance.

richtree is offline Registered User

For a man that I disagree with in many issues, I agree with all your statements.

I obviously am not as high as Blackmon as most people and watching the end of this season has made me think that our Offensive Line has to be the top priority. That said we can make the draft ultra successful by adding free agent offensive lineman and then use the draft as the athlete machine that it could be.

If we can get 2 Offensive Lineman in free agency that can start next season, go Blackmon. If not, then a trade down may be in order for more picks.

There is plenty of time for Draft Talk --(my favorite part) --- !!!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Blackmon just looks like "the guy." He's a beast. Having Blackmon, Lloyd, and Amendola alone is just an extremely exciting idea. Not to mention if we can grab him while still negotiating a deal for more picks and snagging him with, say, the fourth pick.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

The problem for the first half of the season was receivers dropping the balls that Sam was putting in their hands, off their helmet, or off their chests. The problem in the second half was Sam being hurt(accuracy, timing, power all affected) and no depth on the offensive line. We went from Saffold, Bell, Brown, Dahl, Smith to Goldberg, Brown, Huh?, Who?, and Dahl.

We get a healthy line(difference between 2010 and 2011) or at least 2 guys who can start reliably as depth players and Blackmon, and I think we can start making some noise. Between Amendola, Pettis and Salas, we should have the slot guys to match up nicely with Lloyd(assuming McD is back, and I think he will) and Blackmon.
    I believe!

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Brad, the only reason I'd say that Long should have gone over JPP would be that they both had 13 sacks, but JPP did it on a team that had leads. Chris had 3 sacks in the NO game, but most if not all the rest of the 10 came in games we lost and almost certainly were behind. If Long had been playing with a lead and the run defense wasn't giving up over 150 yards/game on the ground, he would have gotten at least 18 I tell ya.
    But Long also had to fight against the "respect" attitude. Long was held more, without the benefit of yellow flags to stop it, than his loving Mother and Grandmother ever thought of holding him when he was a baby. If Long had some DTs that could stop the run, and the threat of holding penalties when he was held, he easily gets 18 sack (possibly more). I also believe he would have had more tackles for loss if. These are the stats that put a DE in the PB, and he would have had them on a team that was more "respected".

gap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12