LA Rammer is offline Registered User

The 2000s St. Louis Rams "The Greatest Show on Turf"

The 1999 and early 2000 Rams were built for speed. Lots of speed. By playing their home games on artificial turf, the Rams gained a huge home field advantage as other teams were not able to compete with their speed on all player for player matchups. The other thing that made them difficult to beat was the incredible tempo with which they played. The result was an explosive and highly effective offensive performance that was unmatched in NFL record books, which culminated in a Super Bowl victory in 1999. In the early 2000 season, the media started calling them "The Greatest Show on Turf" an obvious play on the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus motto of "The Greatest Show on Earth." Only nine teams have scored over 500 points in a season, three of those teams were Rams teams from this era. The offensive team consisted of Kurt Warner, Marshal Faulk, Az Hakim, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, and Ricky Proehl. In a four game stretch of the 2000 season, the Rams scored more points than any team in NFL history by scoring 184 points, 46 points per game on average. Pictured above: Torry Holt and Marshall Fault celebrate another touchdown and Kurt Warner in a rare run.

http://www.ffbookmarks.com/photo_gal...reat_teams.htm

Man I'm glad to have experienced history!!! I wish we can do it again. Had nothing else to post, but here it is.

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Re: The 2000s St. Louis Rams "The Greatest Show on Turf"

nice post LA its allways nice too read about our rams ...

RealRam is offline Registered User

All the way to two SBs. Those were the days / GSOT / Rams!

Excellence, pure RAMEXCELLENCE.

Thanks Rammer.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Thanks man! I'm going to miss those days!
    RamsFan16

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    All the way to two SBs. Those were the days / GSOT / Rams!

Excellence, pure RAMEXCELLENCE.

Thanks Rammer.
    two SB appearances, one win, one loss...we should've had 3 appearances, and 3 wins...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

nice post, i sometimes watch the tapes of those games and i am still amazed at how easy they made it look. as far as having an advantage on turf,that might be true, but we were just better than the other teams.and a side note sb36 still hurts.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Probably the single most dominant offense over a three year period in the entire history of the NFL. My conclusion is based on not just the production, but there sheer number of weapons. Teams knew what was coming and they couldnt stop it, with one exception and that was tampa, as that was the one team that could get pressure with the front four only, had terrific linebackers and a great secondary. Even with the success that tampa had, i will never forget what i view as potentially the best performance ever by the GSOT, which was the four td faulk monday night game in 2000 where we scored 35 points off that tampa defense and still lost. Think about how good that defense was, playing on the roard, on grass, and they couldnt stop us and couldnt stop faulk.

Teams relied on blitzing warner repeatedly and that rarely worked as he was so brilliant and accurate that he just seemed to always find the open guy.

In addition, for the period of 99-01, marshall faulk was the single most dominant offense player in the history of the league. He was a terrific runner, top top quality both between the tackles where he was very underated and of course flawless in the open field. As a receiver, he is the best running back ever, truly a human mismatch. I can remember countless quality linebackers (ie zack thomas, derrick brooks) getting embarassed trying to cover faulk down the field.

Return to glory, bulger has weapons, if we block for him, we really do have the skill position talent to light up the scoreboard.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

I just read an article today ranking the top ten offenses for the last 25 years. RAMS of 1999-2001 ranked #2.

You don't want to know the number 1 ranked offense, believe me.

:clanram:

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0
    I just read an article today ranking the top ten offenses for the last 25 years. RAMS of 1999-2001 ranked #2.

You don't want to know the number 1 ranked offense, believe me.

:clanram:
    Well, those suckas closed that poll before I could get there to vote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]