Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    psycho9985 is offline Registered User

2005 as I see it shaping up

Rams 11-5 Tards 9-7 Seaweed 9-7 or 8-8 Whiners ? last.

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Re: 2005 as I see it shaping up

Sounds good, we shall see!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

If we can get a starting RT and starting FS in the first 2 rounds of the draft, and they produce like they should, and Little being a free man, we could be looking at a 13-3 team here.

I mean with all the depth we can add in the draft with our NFL record breaking 12 draft picks, it'll be hard for the FO to strike out on all of them.

general counsel Guest

I think Zig is right, no limits to what this team can do if we seriously fix the right tackle spot, keep leonard little AND stay healthy, provided however, i still think that the eagles are better on paper in that circumstance. We are as good as anyone or everyone else. But, and here is a big but, that means REALLY fixing the right tackle spot, not having another revolving door there with some decent guys and that is not going to be easy.

As an aside, in response to the original post in this thread, i think that the chances of the whiners winning 8 games border on none. Maybe 8 games over the next two years. maybe.

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    Rams 11-5 Tards 9-7 Seaweed 9-7 or 8-8 Whiners ? last.
    Well done, psycho. Assuming we pick up Brown in the 1st, and find a decent FS (be it someone new or Arch), I think we can be 3 games better than last year.

Of course, there's always the unknown...injur.....no, I'm not even going to say it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

theodus69 is offline Registered User

The 90's sucked and I remember when Trent Green came to town and I was thinking 8-8 would be great! And since then 12-4 is what I always expect now anyway so I'll go with the 13-3 for next year. that's the GOAL!!!! :tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Good job by all here on their analysis...However, providing that we get the above listed problems fixed, I see two more variables determining the outcome:

1) Turf...if we get the new and improved turf, I believe that Jackson will stay healthy; as well as assisting our OL in staying healthy. This is a must!!

2) Martz...this is not a slam on him, but it all depends upon how he motivates and molds the team during the offseason and training camp. We must come in more prepared and team oriented. Also, his play calling must be more multi-dimensional to include all of our weapons.

On a side note...personnel on D has improved. It is my hope that even Marmie can't screw this one up with his schemes...

I am not attempting to be negative with this...this is just my honest opinion on outside variables that can make or break the success of the team... :ramlogo:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

I see no better than 10-6 due to inadequacies on the Defensive line and Special Teams. The 2000 Rams team had a much better offense, and they were no better than 10-6. I do think that will be good enough to win the division and maybe get to the Championship Game. The NFC is a sad sack conference. Last years Rams would have been 6-10 in any AFC division (look at our record outside of our pathetic division).

I would have been a little more optimistic,but I still keep thinking of the Marmie factor.

I see no better than 10-6 due to inadequacies on the Defensive line and Special Teams.
    I don't think the big problem with the defense was the defensive line. I think it was with small linebackers who couldn't get off their blocks, and when they did, they bounced off the runner. We addressed that issue by adding a sure-tackler in Dexter Coakley, and a big MLB in Chris Claiborne.

Nothing has shown me that Martz has been willing to focus on Special Teams until this year. We've begun to concentrate on Special Teams studs like Michael Stone, and possible Michael Hawthorne. Could this be the year we finally make a commitment to special teams?

While I understand your concern, somewhat, the offense will be much better than last year if we do get a solid RT. With the emergence of Shaun McDonald and Kevin Curtis last year, and the addition of better blocking TE's and more than likely a receiving TE (Dreessen, Jones) in the draft, and the tag team of Marshall Faulk and Steven Jackson in the backfield, this offense could be the best in the league once again.

The defense is shaping up pretty nicely. With the two solid linebacker additions, we no longer have concerns there, especially if Pisa's moved back. The defensive line (as long as Little's free) will be a force. Little's one of the best in the league, Pickett has become a strong player, and Jimmy Kennedy has shown a lot of improvement. They say it takes 3 years for DT's to make the transition from college to pro. Well it's time for Kennedy. Then there's Anthony Hargrove. You saw what he did against Walter Jones last year. I'd expect more of the same. He could turn out to be one of the biggest steals in last years draft. If we can get a solid FS in the draft (Bullocks, Nicholson) or in post-June 1st free agency (Schulters), the secondary is just fine. Archuleta should be healthy back at SS, and Butler and Fisher are very solid at CB.

Also keep in mind that we have more draft picks this year than any team's ever had, including 5 possible draft picks on the first day. There's plenty of opportunity to add a starter or two and plenty of depth before the season starts.

I don't know about you but with all that in mind, I expect much better than 10-6. It's all starting to come together.

viper is offline Registered User

I agree with your summation Zig. I'm sure we'll find a solid RT in the draft (i.e. Brown) assuming he doesn't get picked off unexpectedly. If that occurs, I'd say Barnes is our next option. My concern for the upcoming season is at free safety. Shoring up the secondary will be critical to our success this year. The Little situation also concerns me. That is a big IF. If we lose him, we'll need to scramble. I'm hoping the FO has a solid contingency plan in place by the time the draft rolls around.

Other than that, I see a great season shaping up. With a good FS and Little: 12-4, without one or the other: 10-6.

Go Rams!!! :ramlogo:

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I think some of you are forgetting that the Rams have hinted about the possibility of D Lew playing DE. If Little isn't available this season, I'd almost bet that D Lew would be starting at DE.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

That could give us a nice thunder and lightning effect on the edge. But I hardly doubt Lewis will be nearly as successful as Little.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    That could give us a nice thunder and lightning effect on the edge. But I hardly doubt Lewis will be nearly as successful as Little.
    You're right, and I wouldn't expect him to be. But I don't see Little's departure (If it happens) to be the end of the world. I'm sure the Rams will be looking at some D line help in the draft, and there will probably be someone available after June 1. And don't underestimate the presence of TJ. He does a pretty good job when he's in the game.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    Dont hold your breath zig thats a big and fast dude for his size Martz might have a plan.Remember he is suppose to be Smartz cuz I dont think Marmie thought of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast