RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

2006 Rams getting no love?

Is it just me, or are the 2006 Rams getting absolutely no respect?

I understand that a 2005 team, with a 6-10 record would be "suspect", but the 2006 Rams are flying under the radar in a big way. If you read all the "experts" picks and all the experts predictions, the Rams are no where to be found. Best recievers? Not the Rams trio. Best QB's? Bulger no where in sight. Best Running backs? Jackson is an afterthought. I won't talk about the defense because, quite frankly, they don't deserve any respect because they were absolutely awful in 2005. But damn, nobody is giving the Rams any chance of making the playoffs, and no chance of winning their division. ...and you know what, I LOVE IT.

The Rams DO have a chance, and they CAN win their division and I think they WILL make some noise before the year is over. This team has done an incredible amount of overhaulin' and, barring injuries, can bounce back. We all know that this offense is capable of playing with ANY team. Can you imagine the Rams previous offensive attack, with a running game? Well, if Jackson stays healthy, you've got it. The Rams should finish in the NFL's top 5 in offense. In fact, mark this down. I predict they will. Now, if the defense and special teams improves, we can compete with the Seahawks for West division champions. I honestly believe that. Hey, I don't expect the Rams defense to become the greatest defense to ever play the game overnight. In fact, I still think they're undersized and undermanned. BUT, I do love the direction they're going in. Defense is about mindset and attitude as much as it is about talent. ...and I think that Haslett can drive that into this group of players. They're as tired as I am about being called a "soft" team. Mark my word, if any opposing team looks at the schedule and automatically chalks up a win when they see the Rams on it, well, they're in for a surprise. This team will fight. They will battle. ..and they will win.

I DO believe.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Re: 2006 Rams getting no love?

I'm fine with flying under the radar, it makes it more sweet when we win it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

I hear that brother. My point was that if opposing teams look at the Rams like the sports writers and so-called experts do, they're terribly mistaken. I saw a difference in this team on Thursday. I know it's only one pre-season game, but I know this team. They will surprise people.

But I am a realist. This team is 1-2 years from being a "serious" contender for the Superbowl. With their schedule, I think a 8-8, or 9-7 record would be considered a remarkable improvement. Before you jump on me and say, "well hell, last year they were 6-10, so if they're so improved, why only 8-8?" I will say that last year's schedule was ridiculously easy, and they still only managed a 6-10 record. I thought they'd go 10-6, at least, even with that pathetic defense. So, with a more difficult schedule, a couple of more wins should be achievable. They should win both 49er games as well as both Cardinal games and a split with the Seahawks is very do-able. There's 5 wins right there. A win against the lowly Raiders is a must, because they really suck. But games against the Chiefs, Broncos and Chargers will be tough. So we're 6-4 in those games. Then, we've got the Lions, Redskins, Panthers, Vikings, Packers and Bears. Tell me we can't win 3 of those games? I would think that a win against the Lions, Packers and Vikings/Bears is very possible. That's 9-7. With injuries, and a few good/bad bounces, it could go either 8-8. or 10-6. What do you think?

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

I'm fine with flying under the radar, it makes it more sweet when we win it all.
    I like flying under the radar... I seem to remember something good coming from that. Like maybe a SB win?!?

GO RAMS!!:ramlogo:

DaRamsBaby Guest

i think we will split games with the cardinals too cuz they now have a running attack and a great passing attack

bruce4life is offline Registered User

with the cardinals though they still have a suspect o-line... oliver ross is huirt right now and alex steponivich is coming off surgery

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I absolutely agree, it does make everything better, and all your friends are like dude Rams aren't bad man. (Even though, they know we kick some serious a**!)
    Last edited by HUbison; -08-14-2006 at 10:29 AM.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life
    with the cardinals though they still have a suspect o-line... oliver ross is huirt right now and alex steponivich is coming off surgery
    I still have a lot of respect for Warner's abilities.. his bug-a-boo is injuries. If the AZ's OL can keep Kurt healthy theCards may be the team to beat.

I wish the man well, just not against the Rams!

O RAMS!!:ramlogo:

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

This morning on the way to work while listening to NFL radio on the satellite. The ST. LOUIS RAMS finally were talked about alittle bit. Basically the broadcasters ( 2 ) are still unsure of what the RAMS will do this season. They ended the coversation both agreeing that the Rams are their NFL "SLEEPER"
    team going into the 2006 season. Using "SLEEPER" on a positive note.

Aquitted Killer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by laram0
    This morning on the way to work while listening to NFL radio on the satellite. The ST. LOUIS RAMS finally were talked about alittle bit. Basically the broadcasters ( 2 ) are still unsure of what the RAMS will do this season. They ended the coversation both agreeing that the Rams are their NFL "SLEEPER"
    team going into the 2006 season. Using "SLEEPER" on a positive note.
    Bout time. I agree with the sentiment, let everyone sleep on the mighty Rams, however I don't know how long it will last. The Rams are going to be tough this year, and eventhough it seems like a little of a strech, I think we've got the potential to start this season 6-0. Denver is tough, but I love the fact that were playing them @ home, AND that it's our 1st game of the year. This team is gonna be hungry and I feel we have a legitimate shot at winning that game. After that @SF, @ARI, DET, and @GB. If the charactor of this team is solid, we should beat all of those teams. Then SEA at home, which historicaly the Rams own the Seapigons when we're @ home, but they are almost always great games. My point is this, right now the Rams are flying under the radar, but I don't think it will last. Baring injuries, the Rams are going to be a tough team to beat in 2006.

I do agree with the assessment of Arizona. I was a little hesitant to say we "should" sweep them. They always seem to play us tough, no matter how bad, or banged up they are at game time, and they have improved their team this year. And I also agree that their achillies heal is their O-line, which is key to keeping Mr. Warner upright and healthy. Speaking of Kurt, I still pull for him to be successful, except against the Rams. He is a great story, a good person and with all the bad apples in pro sorts these days, how can you not pull for him? The Rams just need to beat the teams they should beat, and pull off a few "surprises" here and there. The biggest "if", I believe is the health of Steven Jackson. He must stay healthy.