HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

In 2006, who was the only.....

......4-3 LB in the entire league to register 100+ tackles and 5+ sacks?

A: Chris Draft

Just a little tidbit I thought I'd pass on to you folks.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: In 2006, who was the only.....

interesting very interesting i knew he had over 100 tackels but not that many sacks.. hopefully he can become that situational pass rusher

smizzhfx Guest

If he plays as well as he did last year, he can come in and start at SLB.

The Shredder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    If he plays as well as he did last year, he can come in and start at SLB.
    He should start regardless. He's a better LB than anyone you have outside of Witherspoon.

Maybe next season you can trade for Dan Morgan and make your transition to an All-Carolina LB core complete!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    He should start regardless. He's a better LB than anyone you have outside of Witherspoon.
    Maybe, maybe not. Assuming he is recovered, I'd take a healthy Tinoisamoa over Draft. But he probably is better than Chillar (who gets a bad rap, IMO).
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce4life is offline Registered User

again this is chillar's 4th year in the league.. he had a solid year last year, there is no way that he does not have a better year than last year.. its only going to get better for chillar...

prof22693 is offline Registered User

i think we should start draft in place of chillar, with spoon and healty pisa. draft is in the later part of his career and he could make chillar better. He could be used in pass-rushing situations.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Nice tidbit HUb. Just another example of why the LB position is the strength of the defense. If we get any kind of production from the DL, we might just be in business.

The Shredder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    again this is chillar's 4th year in the league.. he had a solid year last year, there is no way that he does not have a better year than last year.. its only going to get better for chillar...
    Chillar's season last year was far from "solid".

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    Chillar's season last year was far from "solid".
    I'm curious......what would you define as a "solid" season for a 4-3 SAM linebacker?

smizzhfx Guest

I think there are arguments to support starting both Draft and Chillar at the SLB spot.

If you want to game for the future, start Chillar. He has yet to reach his full potential and could prove to be a quality starter. He doesn't get as much credit as he deserves but he is nowhere near the level of Witherspoon and Pisa.

In terms of the overall better player, at this point in time, I think we would have to go with Draft. You can't deny what he did last yeat holding together Carolina's defense after Dan Morgan went down. If we could get that kind of production this year it could go a long way to help our ailing run defense.

I think the Rams should be making a serious run within the next two years. The Seahawks are on the other side of the hill and sliding fast with their core group of players slipping into their thirties. The Rams are almost there with Holt, Bruce, Pace, Little and Bulger all in their thirties now, and should be looking to make a move, cause they're not going to get any younger. The Fortyniners and the Cardinals are both young teams with a lot of talent so that should be incentive for the Rams to get'r going soon or we're going to be in trouble.

I guess I went off on a bit of a tangent there, and I'm sorry about the essay.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

There's no way that Chillar should get the nod over Draft. Chris is the proven play maker and still has a few good years left in him. Brandon has some talent but I still think he has a ways to go.