dgr828 is offline Registered User

2007 SAINT LOUIS RAMS in a nutshell....

Greetings Ramsnation!,

The 2007 NFL season is upon us, and as in the beginning of every year , the goals and hopes for the Rams should always be the ultimite.
    Great strides will need to be made to recover from the past few (let's face it) losing seasons.

This is the twelfth year since our fairlady, Georgia Frontiere, made the transition and brought this historic franchaise from Los Angeles, California, relocating to the Gateway city in the "Show-Me!" state, Saint Louis, Missouri. The Rams are most notably entering in their seventieth season in the National Football League.

This is a new Rams era, No more Marshall, a team with a different focus.
    Headed by sophmore coach who had a so-so rookie season. May he avoid the jinks in his 2nd year.

Coach Scott Thomas Linehan leads a team yet to meet its potential. Well versed at the skill positions, this squad can use alot help defensively and on special teams, while on offensive hopefully everyone can get on the same page.

Most important! This team needs the unrelenting support from all Rams fans from around the world. Be Proud!, Be Loud!, Be Vocal and let it known that the Rams are here and are not going anywhere! Always show your true "Blue & Gold" colors!

Free Agent signings this offseason look promising, hopefully this years draft can boost the Rams confidence going into the new season. Having a good camp is essential, having everyone signed and ready to go would be great!

May the Preseason come and go with no major injuries and May God bless the Saint Louis Rams as they embark on another regular season, beginning at home, against the Carolina Panthers, at the world famous, EDWARDJones Dome.

Lets get behind this team, lead by our star Quarterback Marc Bulger. A new contract and another years experience under his belt should make for a successful season.
    Steven Jackson is about ready to have a break out year at runningback, expect great things from him.
    The receiving corp, headed up by veterans Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce and the newly acquired Drew Bennett and TE Randy McMichaels should make for an excellent offensive threat.
    An Offensive line with the likes of Orlando Pace, Alex Barron, Ritchie Igcognito, Todd Stuessie, Andy McCollum and Claude Terrell should provide much power and strength up front. Other notables are Madison Hedgecock (FB) and Joe Klopfenstein (TE) and Dominique Byrd (TE).

The Rams defense, which could use some added help, can only get better with a healthy Pisa Tinoisamoa, veterans Leonard Little, LaRoi Glover, Jimmy Kennedy, (FA) James Hall up front, Will Witherspoon help backing up the middle, Tye Hill and Fakhir Brown at the corners, along with safeties, Corey Chavous and Oshiomogho Atogwe in the defensive backfield.
    Added support from Claude Wroten, Jerametrius Butler, Jon Alston, Ron Bartell, Brandon Chillar, Brandon Green, Mike Rumph, Jerome Carter, Tim Sandidge, Tim McGarigle and Chris Draft must be mentioned with honor.

Here's to the kicking krew, lead by Jeff Wilkins, May he always stay on the "$ MONEY $". Hopefully we can add Punter Matt Turk for a another season. Willie Ponder and Marques Hagans will handle the retun duties and may God bless the hands of Holder Dane Looker and Long snapper Chris Massey!

In a nutshell, the 2007 Saint Louis Rams anticipate to make a "GREAT SHOW ON TURF!". Lets all jump on this "Band Wagon", because it's about ready to roll!

70 years ago, the Rams franchise had its beginnings in the mist of a Deppression, along come FDR with the the 'New Deal' and the rest is History.
    Such as then , the last few years have been pretty depressing for this team.
    A 'New Deal' should and must be implemented!

In the famous words of Franklin Delano Roosevelt....

"WHAT WE HAVE TO FEAR IS , THE FORTYNINERS THEMSELVES!!!"

:sfosux:

GO RAMS!!!
    Last edited by dgr828; -04-15-2007 at 02:46 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: 2007 SAINT LOUIS RAMS in a nutshell....

Nice post.

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    An Offensive line with the likes of Orlando Pace, Alex Barron, Ritchie Igcognito, Todd Stuessie, Andy McCollum and Claude Terrell should provide much power and strength up front.
    I would like to add Mark Setterstrom to the Guards I believe he will start along with Incognito at guard this year. I do hope Terrell can get his head screwed on straight and take this football carreer serious. He sounds like he has lost his motivation to play for the Rams. He showed great promise his rookie year.

Here's to the kicking krew, lead by Jeff Wilkins, May he always stay on the "$ MONEY $". Hopefully we can add Punter Matt Turk for a another season.
    I think the punter we just signed Donnie Jones will do just as good if not better then Turk. I am happy with both of our kickers.

Quote Originally Posted by STLtoday
    This isn't the first time Turk has found Jones looking over his shoulder. After suffering a groin injury before the '05 season, Turk was placed on injured reserve by the Dolphins and replaced by Jones. Jones responded with an excellent season, averaging 43.5 yards per punt, including a league-high (and Miami record) net average of 39.3 yards. Jones also set a Dolphins record that year by dropping 31 punts inside the 20.

Jones' numbers fell off in 2006, when he averaged 42.8 yards a punt, with a net average of 35.7. Punting for the Rams, Turk posted better numbers than Jones did in '06. Turk, an unrestricted free agent, is seeking a multiyear deal from the Rams. The feeling at Rams Park is that Jones more than a decade younger than Turk has a bigger upside and that his numbers will improve because he will be punting in a dome at least half of the season.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: 2007 SAINT LOUIS RAMS in a nutshell....

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Nice post.

I would like to add Mark Setterstrom to the Guards I believe he will start along with Incognito at guard this year. I do hope Terrell can get his head screwed on straight and take this football carreer serious. He sounds like he has lost his motivation to play for the Rams. He showed great promise his rookie year.

I think the punter we just signed Donnie Jones will do just as good if not better then Turk. I am happy with both of our kickers.
    Thanx RamsSB99,

Mark Setterstrom is up and coming and definitely needs to be honorably mention. Lets hope he has a breakout year for the Rams!

Turk had a good season last year, I would love to see him stay with the Rams. If not, Welcome, Mr. Jones!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]