Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

2008 Revised NFL Draft

SI.com's 2008 Revised NFL Draft - Don Banks - SI.com

Interesting to see who the Rams should've taken and also the comments on Long & Avery as 1st round picks #5 & #25.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Re: 2008 Revised NFL Draft

wow, that's a great report . . . on nothing
    can he do a re FA signs?
    what a waste of time

By the way . . . why is Chad looking superb in Miami? oh yes . . . . first round pick Long . . .
    Last edited by NY RAMFAN; -12-11-2008 at 08:41 PM.

Falconator Guest

the best player in the draft was within the Rams grasp............alas, it did not happen! - thank you God! thank you Billy DeVaney! thank you Ziggy or whatever your name is! Thank you Tiny Tim - and to all - Merry Christmas!

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    the best player in the draft was within the Rams grasp............alas, it did not happen! - thank you God! thank you Billy DeVaney! thank you Ziggy or whatever your name is! Thank you Tiny Tim - and to all - Merry Christmas!
    yeah your right, but i wish their was SOME way we could've got ViCK...i mean i couldnt imagine you thinking the falcons might be in GOD mode solely cause of ryan right??...not even HE wouldve made a difference here im afraid...good luck to you and your "new" team, hope you win a sb before OJ gets out!

....no i mean it

Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    Don't be naive Falconator, one average season doesn't make the Falcons a dynasty and Ryan and MVP. I'm sure you felt the same way in 2004 when you made it to the finals and since then what? have you ever thought that this could be a fluke, like 2004 was?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Two interesting points......

1. Donnie "the biggest reach in the history of draft reaches at #33" Avery goes 8 spots higher in this hindsight draft. Maybe Devaney is a little smarter than some of us (and by "us" I mean all those who thought the sky was falling when Avery was selected).

2. Vernon "God-like" Gholston falls out of the 1st round. What? Are you kidding me? Have you not seen his You-Tube? (sniff, sniff --- is that sarcasm I smell?)
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

If he had paid any attention at all to the Rams and their current predicament, and was adamant about them not taking Chris Long, he would have had them taking Jake Long.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I don't think Marc Bulger is the answer for our success. But I don't think Joe Flacco would have won any more games than Bulger did for us. In fact, I'm sure the bust label would already be placed on Flacco if he played in St. Louis this year. We are not one rookie QB away from success. I wouldn't change the pick if we could do it again, id just be upset that Donnie wouldn't fall to us....

shower beers is offline Registered User

I agree with the comments about our pick so far. We would be taking Jake if he were available.

On a side note: why would the Saints possibly be interested in Forte? Pierre Thomas has been playing amazingly for them, and they Still have Reggie Bush and Deuce McCallister on the roster.

And the Lions taking another WR and not a running back, leaving them with Rudi Johnson, who can't overtake Kevin Smith, who this guy has the Lions passing on...

this guy is smelly.

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post

And the Lions taking another WR and not a running back
    this guy is smelly.
    You didn't see his second round. . . he has us taking a . . . . TE.
    Oh how I miss Linny . . I still can't believe we gave up Madison for Owen

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    yeah your right, but i wish their was SOME way we could've got ViCK...i mean i couldnt imagine you thinking the falcons might be in GOD mode solely cause of ryan right??...not even HE wouldve made a difference here im afraid...good luck to you and your "new" team, hope you win a sb before OJ gets out!

....no i mean it
    Ryan would have made a HUGE difference for Rams....He would have made your offensive line look a lot better - why you ask? well, Falcons offensive line was just as bad as the Rams offensive line last year - maybe worse.........the only change to the starters on offensive line was Sam Baker for Todd Weiner - Baker was great but got hurt and has not played in last seven games - its almost exact same line as last year - we have a new QB(Ryan) and a new RB(Turner) - everything else the same.......does not take a rocket scientist to figure Matt Ryan has had a lot to do with the offensive line being better - some of it is coaching(Paul Boudreau - who was fired by Rams) and some is Matt Ryan - who probably is #1 QB in NFL in blitz pick-up recognition. Also, Ryan is master at the no-huddle and audiblizing at the line of scrimmage.

Sooooooo.............yes, Matt Ryan would have made the Rams offensive line look much better than they have played so far this year - Matt Ryan "helps" an offensive line.

I'm not sure why you are talking about Michael Vick....If you guys want Michael Vick - we would love to trade him to you......he's yours! Give me a 3rd rounder and you can have him............all the talent in the world but a "empty helmet" who has no leadership skills, no work ethic, not smart and is just plain immature. I was a Vick fan when we had him but even then I knew he just had too many holes in his game for the Falcons to ever be successful at the highest level. As his speed decreases while getting older - Vick's shortcomings will become more pronounced - unless he changes (which he could).

Not sure what you mean by my "new team" - I have lived in Atlanta my whole life and have always and only been a Falcons fan - as painful as that past has been.

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Two interesting points......

1. Donnie "the biggest reach in the history of draft reaches at #33" Avery goes 8 spots higher in this hindsight draft. Maybe Devaney is a little smarter than some of us (and by "us" I mean all those who thought the sky was falling when Avery was selected).

2. Vernon "God-like" Gholston falls out of the 1st round. What? Are you kidding me? Have you not seen his You-Tube? (sniff, sniff --- is that sarcasm I smell?)
    I thought Vernon Gholston was a "BUST" from the get-go........too many warning signs with that guy in how he would look great one game in college and then disaapear for the next two games..........

"Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane"

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

If Ryan were on the Rams, he would not be having the year he is having. Not even close. He would have started the year as a backup, and would have had to earn the starting job while playing behind a Swiss cheese OL.

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If Ryan were on the Rams, he would not be having the year he is having. Not even close. He would have started the year as a backup, and would have had to earn the starting job while playing behind a Swiss cheese OL.
    ok......avenger - whatever - there just is no convincing you guys that a QB can make a line better......

If you have time - go look at the Falcons pass protection stats last year. If they were not as bad as the Rams - they were dayum close....

What team was worse at the end of last year? Falcons or Rams?.......If Matt Ryan did not beat out Marc Bulger in camp - he would have gotten his chance by week #3 and would have taken the Rams starting job by the throat. Rams might not have been 8-5 but they would have been at least 6-7 or something along those lines......

This whole threat is a "moot point" so I guess we are all wasting our breath.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Matt Ryan has certainly exceeded expectations, but to suggest that the Rams should have even considered taking him is silly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast